It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Have to Tear Down the Pyramids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've been discussing the notion of Relative Iconoclasm. This is where progressive thinkers promote the idea of selective iconoclasm, as applied to other people's objects of reverence, be it a Confederate flag, Civil War bust, Christopher Columbus, Stalin statute, Saddam, even past presidents are not immune from this thought exercise-run amok.

IS, Taliban are devout iconoclasts, more than a few examples propagate in the news. Maybe they are working under a NWO plan to reduce the people's connection with their ancient heritage. They all have this in common. So, as test I asked my liberal friend who is "100% behind" taking down Confederate and similar venerated objects, I asked if she'd also support taking down WWII memorials, such as the one in Normandy bearing my uncle's name. It's already been vandalized by French Nationals, god only knows when the continent is Islamified will things like this war memorial become targets? I could not get an answer out of her. So, I coined the term, "Relative Iconoclasm". It means Iconoclasm is ok for instances like Chairman Mao or Rebel flags, but not ok for objects that YOU find important.

The Giza Pyramids fall into a nebulous area inbetween it all. The OP raises a novel idea supported by a foundation of rational thought. This is the same tortured logic applied to ~other~ instances where ripping down other's heritage is encouraged. The Pyramids represent a venerated object to people all over the world, as a mystic place that's maybe full of answers to questions bigger than life....like a pop album. Of course educated people here decry tearing down the pyramids, but maybe support the idea of removing Civil War artifacts.

Here lies a bit of the hippocracy. The OP's idea is a logical extension of the same thinking, but there has got to be some cognitive dissonance. My rationale is simple, people's rights to erect memorials outweigh other's right to tear them down...simple. It doesn't matter if you are offended, you could always turn the other cheek. The art of Iconoclasm is destructive, rather than additive. The way to diminish the old ways is simply create New Ways which stand on their own merit, unlike a bully who has to knock down others to elevate themselves. I also think the OP may have overstated the idea that the pyramids represent a complete top-down system...I think the worshipers gain something from the experience, real or not. New Ways and ideas with merit won't need to trample down the old belief's of the "natives" like Crusaders or Conquistadors.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
confused information/disinfo

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join