It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punk Band with Folk Influences. Great Listen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A great band that seems rather very unknown, though perhaps some Brit's and Pole's will know this band. I can't do this great band much justice with this thread, but I figured you need to hear this before you die, especially seeing how their lyrics can often be connected to our world, and the beliefs of this site. It was rather hard to pick which song to post, so I put four, and although it may be hard to find them on Youtube and impossible to find on the internet (Google search), it was tough even picking the best. Love them all. Hope you enjoy as well. There are lyrics in the description.

Some Links:

Ok I put six...just love this band too much. Sue me. :p Hope you enjoy. But of course you will!

edit on 16-10-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I was veeeeery dubious as "folk" and "punk" don't usually mix well... or ever before. I stand corrected.

Admittedly, I only listened to the first one and a half, but am optimistic.

Thanks... very much.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I love this band. This band is...amazing. I'm really happy you enjoyed it!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Always happy to hear some new tunes. They're reminding me of a Slavic Killing Joke, well Controllers is. I love the Pogues with all my heart, so it's nice to hear more punky-folk from another part of the world.

Cheers, Tiamat

a reply to: Baddogma

Ooh, Killing Joke, don't think they've popped up in yet in your epic thread for people who love things that others do not love etc etc ......but they may, and soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Glad you enjoyed, can't say I'm surprised. Might be biased, but they are amazing. Hmm, I feel I'm repeating myself, but so very true. I'll check those out.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Metal, while not punk but close, has Folk Metal. A ton of bands. Really cool music.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

...OK forget it. I can't link YT videos

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

No!!! Um, I can help, my edits are for fixing the links :p

EDIT: I do love metal though, not folk much, but please share

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Well I love Elvenking, they are my fave band. Still not so sure if they are the best folk metal band out there, they enjoy making music no matter what genre, and thats helps them stay fresh and creative. When a band usually sticks to the same genre, over the years things tend to get repetitive and rather dull, I listen to metal a lot so I know what I'm talking about here.
On topic, I love punk, and folk too, so ill be giving these guys a few listens over the next days. Thanks for sharing!

Just to add to the thread, this is a folk metal band from my country. This is top tier power folk really

edit on 17 10 15 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: payta

Sounds alright, I'm not the biggest fan of folk, but I give it a go time to time. What country would that be by the way? I'll have to post a Polish folk metal band later

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Not punk, but a great Polish band

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Great, but I think I still prefer Vader.
From this song around 1:50 til vocals and beyond

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Nothing against Vader! I just coincidentally was on a Decapitated kick over the weekend.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah
I'll check out more of their songs. Mm, are most of their songs that style/length. I might find out for myself before you get the chance to find out
Iperyt is good, Black/industrial death. According to that metal archives site.

Another Polish band

new topics

top topics

join