It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China repeats opposition to force in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What are you talking about. They are simply reporting on claims being reported in other media without ever claiming them as fact.

Stop being pathetic.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Your thread title…

China repeats opposition to force in Syria

… is misleading.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that China supported international anti-terror operations that were in line with international law and had the support of the countries involved.

LIke Russia, for instance? They are invited by the Syrian government, whereas the US is not.

"Force cannot resolve the problem. A political resolution still remains the basic way (out)," he added.

He's directing that at the US. if the US would stop arming terrorists and come to the table, the Russians could stop destroying the Insurgents. Thats the only way out for Syria.

Go home, NATO.

EXCELLENT POST...

China is calling a spade a spade and referring to the terrorism supported by the US, NATO and its creepy slimy GULF State allies.

Indeed as you mention he is referring to the fact that its the US and its allies here who are responsible for the violence

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Not a cop out at all,he is claiming things as facts and I wish to know what sources he used to come to his beliefs.That is not an odd request on here. I am not discounting what he is saying,just trying to find what his sources are since I have seen nothing of this. I have had ATS ask me for sources,and I really don't know anyone that wants to make their point not use a link to a source. Now how truthful that source is,has been at issue here at times. There are sources that are just not used. I simply wish to read what the source says for my own information.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

What are you talking about. They are simply reporting on claims being reported in other media without ever claiming them as fact.

Stop being pathetic.

If they don't think they are facts, why repeat them? The answer, of course, is that they want to create the false impression that China supports their actions in Syria.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I wonder will the MSM ever apologize for the thousands of reports about Syria when they lie and claim the US has “moderate” allies.

It’s the US press that covers up the truth with falsehood better than anyone

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The link you provide comes up with a page of links,the first page is a report on China/Ukraine trade deals,the page is blank.The second link is from the washington post which I really don't trust,but the whole article seems to waffle back and forth over whether it is a good thing or not.

I am not going to check every link on that page.I asked the op what their sources were,so I could see where he was coming from on this. As far as China siding with us,back in the 70s our government was well aware that China would be our next big threat. China and Russia have worked hand in hand against us in the past,and would do so to cripple us in the future again. Remember our guys in Vietnam tried to tell their officers that they were seeing both Soviet and Chinese advisers there. we were fighting both and the Viet cong. China isn't particular what market they sell too.Who ever will shut up and buy really.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

China and Russia have worked hand in hand against us in the past,and would do so to cripple us in the future again.

Russia and China have never worked well together at anything. They were Cold War rivals. Kissinger was able to exploit their schism.

Remember our guys in Vietnam tried to tell their officers that they were seeing both Soviet and Chinese advisers there. we were fighting both and the Viet cong.

Then Viet Nam turned around and went to war with China.

China isn't particular what market they sell too.Who ever will shut up and buy really.

And America is willing to buy where other countries are leaning towards protectionism.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Russian media have been reporting that China is seeking the return of $3 billion in loans. The reports, also picked up by the South China Morning Post, cite an unnamed Ukrainian official as saying that China has filed a complaint against Ukraine for reneging on a deal where $3 billion in loans from China would be repaid in corn exports from Ukraine. According to the official, Kiev only provided a little over $150 million of worth of grain to China.

China's Agricultural Deals with Ukraine in Jeopardy

Ukraine has agreed a deal with a Chinese firm to lease five per cent of its land to feed China's burgeoning and increasingly demanding population, it has been reported.

China 'to rent five per cent of Ukraine'

Regarding the Crimea they are openly supporting Russia after realizing the Western Game of Cold War:

China has backed Russia in a tense standoff with the US and Europe that has erupted following the pro-West revolution in Ukraine.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov discussed the unfolding crisis in its southern neighbour in a phone conversation with his Chinese counterpart, Wang Yi.

"The foreign ministers of both countries exchanged views on the situation in Ukraine. They noted the coincidence of positions on this aspect," a spokesperson for the Russian ministry said, Itar-Tass news agency reported.

The phone call came after Russia's G8 partners, including the US and Britain, condemned the Kremlin's decision to deploy troops in Crimea, purportedly to protect the ethnic Russians living there from radicals and extremists.

China's state news agency Xinhua accused western powers of adopting a Cold War- like mindset towards Russia, trying to isolate Moscow at a time when much needed mediation is need to reach a diplomatic solution to the crisis in Crimea.

"Based on the fact that Russia and Ukraine have deep cultural, historical and economic connections, it is time for Western powers to abandon their Cold War thinking. Stop trying to exclude Russia from the political crisis they failed to mediate, and respect Russia's unique role in mapping out the future of Ukraine," Xinhua wrote in an opinion piece.

"Right now, the West should show more appreciation for what Russia can do to solve the crisis in Ukraine. Given Russia's historical and cultural influence in the country, the Kremlin is the piece that cannot be missing in this political puzzle."

Ukraine Crisis: China Backs Russia in 'Cold War' over Crimea

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: MrSpad

Links or it didn't happen please.
I have seen nothing that I have been reading saying that China has been doing a lot of business deals with Ukraine. And I am pretty sure that in the end,China will back Russia before us.China only wants to milk us for all we have,after that they want us to dry up and die.

Russia has nothing to offer China but oil. After that is just a competitor for trade in the former Soviet Republics and small arm global trade. Russia has some uses for China but, they are limited. China could survive without Russia but, China could not survive without the US. And for China it is just that simple. If course the Chinese would say if Russia was such a good friend then why is Russia selling weapons system to Vietnam and India that are designed for a war with China. So what loyalty does China owe Russia they would ask? Just as South Korea has become more valuable to China than North Korea leaving North Korea angry but, helpless.

And as for China Ukraine - Ukraine China trade China Ukraine Joint Jet Engine production China becomes largest condumer of Ukraine food

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Thank you.That is all I wanted to know.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification.

That makes sense.

Personally, I have opinions that are not articulated by links/other people. Often, they are based on dis-related points and life-experiences of my own.

I also get your point on the validity of many links. Unless hard data-even that is manipulated-,I see most links merely as forwarding other peoples opinions, agendas and outright misinformation.

That's why I prefer dialogue and discussion. Just my opinion though...again...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
China's foreign Minister, has made it clear that the chinese stance on the Syrian crisis, is more for a political resolution and is willing to help lessen the humanitarian impact as result of the crisis.

China Daily

"If the international community acts as Wang suggested, there is a high chance that this crisis in Syria will be properly handled and even resolved," Dong said.
China is among the first to promote a political settlement to the Syrian crisis, and has been a "strong pusher" that actively and constantly contributes to this goal despite challenges, Dong said.

"China's clear stance and proposition on the Syrian issue has demonstrated China's willingness and resolution to assume responsibility as a big nation in the new diplomacy," he added. "China cares about foreign issues that may influence international peace and stability, and is willing to work on them."

But the real question, is Russia or US willing a political solution, every nation involved seem to say yes, but who is cooperating, for a political solution in Syria.

If anything, talk is cheap, let the Russians crush ISIS, but wait, the US is still dropping tonnes of amunitions in Syria.

Is that helping the course to curb the spread of ISIS, when this weapons end up with ISIS? Oh the Irony in that.

Obama should zip it, people are awakening to this planned wars which is / has been waged with the intention to get hold of key economical resources in the ME.

All one has to do is look at the US actions in Iraq, Libyia, Afghanistan, and now Syria, but wait, isn't that what General Wesley Clarke had predicted way before all this had happened. What does this tell yah?

And Russia, is only doing this because, the government of that soveriegn state asked it to do so. What's the big deal about Russia's actions in Syria really?

If Assad is the problem, then deal with that after ISIS is done with.
edit on 16-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And yet, there are constant rumors being circulated in the Russian propaganda echo chamber that Chinese troops will soon be joining Russia in Syria. In fact, RT.com is still running this story:

A credible news organization would have pulled the story and published an apology.

Okay, let's look at some facts here;

RT published that story on Sep 28th

But if you look below, it was published on Sep 25th by Almasdar news

www.almasdarnews.com...

And looky here!

However, according to a senior officer in the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) that is stationed inside the Syrian coastal city of Latakia, Chinese military personnel and aerial assets are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks [(6 weeks) to the port-city of Tartous – he could not provide anymore detail.

Plenty of time for China to change it's mind, but the Chinese are not there yet because as of Sep 25th they were still 6 weeks away.

Don't count your China isn't coming so Russia are big fat liars chickens before they hatch there pal.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Who do you think has more motivation to lie: the Chinese Foreign Minister or an unnamed officer in a desperately struggling, unpopular army?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Well according to my math, the Chinese should be there by the end of October or first week of November if the army officer was telling the truth.

Shall we let time be the judge on this one?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Well according to my math, the Chinese should be there by the end of October or first week of November if the army officer was telling the truth.

Absolutely. Pretty sure we both know there will be no Chinese "air assets."

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No, I can't see the possibility of any air support - there are too many planes dropping bombs as it is. It will probably just be a few ships parked in a Syrian harbour if they do show up.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

No, I can't see the possibility of any air support - there are too many planes dropping bombs as it is. It will probably just be a few ships parked in a Syrian harbour if they do show up.

Not even that. Why expose your precious navy to unnecessary risk. The entire story is little better than a hoax. China is staying out of Syria.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The Chinese will be there then those who support terrorism can cry to thier hearts content about thier buthurt feelings LOL!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

he Chinese will be there then those who support terrorism can cry to thier hearts content about thier buthurt feelings LOL!

Why? Are your feelings going to get hurt? You support Assad and his terrorists, don't you? You support the terrorist of Hexbollah, don't you? But don't worry, the Chinese aren't coming.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join