It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China repeats opposition to force in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

There is logic to it.

It MUST be obvious that Russia is suffering near crippling effects from the oil price crash and China is hugely benefitting?.
Do you really thing, historically or currently there's any love lost between the two?

Any agreements between them are in the same area code as Stalin-Hitler pacts. Highly pragmatic and self-serving, at best.

edit on 16-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I see the US just recommitted to Afghanistan . They must figure there are too many hospitals and too many wedding parties .

Let's see id Putin can top America's record. I'll bet he's already topped our record for hospitals destroyed and it's only been two weeks!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Correct. They still have an unsettled border dispute.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: intrptr

He's directing that at the US. if the US would stop arming terrorists and come to the table, the Russians could stop destroying the Insurgents. Thats the only way out for Syria.

That is clearly aimed directly at Russia, which is bombing Syria back to the stone age. There will be nothing left for Assad to run.

Actually, its the US that has (depending on your source) flown 20 to 60,000 sorties, violating Syrian Sovereign airspace, breaking international law every_single_time.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
China only has one interest, China. And the best thing for China is trade with the US. China will never risk that on behalf of Syria or Russia or anybody else. Just like China has not supported Russia in the UN on Ukraine nor recognized Crimea as a part of Russia. In fact China is working hard to replace Russian trade with Ukraine with China. Pumping needed cash into Ukraine and its military. The way China sees it, Russia mess in Ukraine is just an opportunity to grab another market from Russia as they have been doing in most of the former Soviet Republics. And Russia is so desperate for any kind of Chinese support they have to look the other way while China takes their old markets from them. The only interest China will have in Syria is trying grab its markets as well. China sees Russia as weak and desperate so that is the way they treat them.

This sums it up.

Not to mention that China seems horribly averse to war to begin with.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

The real question we have to ask is this - are Russia and China merely playing a part on the world stage or have they genuinely grown tired of the meddling and abuse of the USA?

Well said. New war drums sounding on the horizon. US better listen.

They won't though. This country is being run by adult children.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

China is getting aggressive in the Pacific. Russia will not join them there as they are no match for Japan. Russia is trying to expand their power into West Asia, which will lead them into conflict with Iran. Their current cooperation is temporary and may end badly if Iran pays more in blood than Russia does. So far Russia is spending treasure, not blood.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Links or it didn't happen please.
I have seen nothing that I have been reading saying that China has been doing a lot of business deals with Ukraine. And I am pretty sure that in the end,China will back Russia before us.China only wants to milk us for all we have,after that they want us to dry up and die.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Both seem intent on expanding their borders....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Links or it didn't happen?

Really? Your trust in links is naïve. Opinion, interpretation is part and parcel of ATS. If Links where the be-all and end-all, we wouldn't need an ATS, would we?

If you disagree with the assessment, say so. State your reasoning.

'Links or it didn't happen' strikes of a glib cop-out...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Both seem intent on expanding their borders....

Absolutely. Sooner or later there will be friction, as there has been in the past.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Links or it didn't happen please.
I have seen nothing that I have been reading saying that China has been doing a lot of business deals with Ukraine.

Easily fixed.

And I am pretty sure that in the end,China will back Russia before us.

Why side with your competition?

China only wants to milk us for all we have,after that they want us to dry up and die.

And lose their biggest market?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Visiting Bulgaria, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that China supported international anti-terror operations that were in line with international law and had the support of the countries involved.

That can only refer to the Russians actions.

China's foreign minister has repeated his country's opposition to the use of force to resolve the crisis in Syria, saying that a political solution is still the only way out, China's foreign ministry said on Friday.

He means that removing Assad by force is not the solution, and that he needs to be involved in a political solution.

thediplomat.com...

When the United States began conducting airstrikes against Islamic State in Syria, one of China’s main concerns was that Washington had not received approval from the Assad government to do so (though Beijing approved of the counter-terrorism aspects of the decision). Russia, however, is working with Assad, a fact that does a great deal to legitimize its military actions in Beijing’s eyes. China itself, as David Volodzko has pointed out for The Diplomat, has a long history of providing weapons to the Assad regime.

China does not see the US led coalition strikes as legitimate, but they do view the Russian assistance as legitimate, since they actually have Syria's permission.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

China does not see the US led coalition strikes as legitimate, but they do view the Russian assistance as legitimate, since they actually have Syria's permission.

That may be, but they have made it clear they are not going to get involved. Why are you ignoring the second part of the OP? Russian sources are still trying to convey the impression that Chinese troops are on the way.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

A credible news organization would have pulled the story and published an apology.

For what? Look at what was said,

“The Chinese will be arriving in the coming weeks,” a Syrian army official told the Lebanon-based news website Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi.

Did this army official not say that?

The report claims that a Chinese naval vessel is on its way to Syria with dozens of “military advisers” on board. They will reportedly be followed by troops.

"Report claims", "reportedly".

The ship is said to have passed the Suez Canal in Egypt and be making its way through the Mediterranean Sea.

"Is said"

According to the website, the advisers will be joining Russian personnel in the Latakia region.

"According to"

So what did they write there that isn't true? You got nothing.

You owe an apology. For your entire repertoire.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The real question we have to ask is this - are Russia and China merely playing a part on the world stage or have they genuinely grown tired of the meddling and abuse of the USA?

They won't though. This country is being run by adult children.

Honestly, to assume they are adult children is to underestimate them. Never do that - "He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them." Sun Tzu

I damn sure know that Putin and the Chinese are familiar with Sun Tzu. Likewise, I'd have no doubt that Obama is also familiar with Sun Tzu. We (citizens) on the other hand should never make light of any US administration, even if we disagree or dislike them.

There is something a bit greater afoot and Russia has passed it's influence, the USA is still under it's influence through 2017 and on into 2020. In fact, the USA will continue to have problems internationally and I'm still expecting radical changes in the USA over the next 5-10 years.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Visiting Bulgaria, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that China supported international anti-terror operations that were in line with international law and had the support of the countries involved.

They didn't deny a thing. A credible ATSlien would've changed the headline by now, as this fact was already pointed out by intrptr instantly.

Add some evidence to your claim maybe? Or did I miss something? Skunkworks is it then, innit?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

So what did they write there that isn't true? You got nothing.

Everything their informant said. They clearly did not believe it themselves, yet they ran the story anyway. Why?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Recent very well recorded and documented history will reveal the likes of Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo and Stalin, never gave in, never quit. Their megalomaniacal , narcissistic, psychopathic natures (like a child's), prevented them from coming to reason and submitting long after it was obvious they had lost.

Tantrums are the result of some children not getting their way, vengeance and ultimately meltdowns.

Scorched earth, death camps, Gulags, mass murder. You just look at the end of some of these recent shooters that seemingly, without regard for life, blamed the world for their problems and ended it, taking as many with them as possible.

Now add greed, control freak nature, and inability to forgive others in a world of WMD on a massive scale…

I'm sorry Im not describing what I'm trying to say better, I am short on time. You post was frightening as well, you also have reasonable understanding of the worlds current condition.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
ofcourse the rebels who are payed to fight for the USA will find an save harbour in the USA.... a reply to: DJW001

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join