It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: First Translation of Khameini’s New Book on the Destruction of America, of Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

If I'm not mistaken, one must also memorize the entire Qur'an in order to gain the rank of Ayatollah. Not disputing what you typed, just adding that.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Do either you or Charliespeirs have a PhD, Doctorate in Isamic Theology? I believe an Ayatollah does, and so I will assume that his life long studies of Islamic texts are considerably true and appropriate interpretation of Quranic writings.. This isn't simply a silly imam/pastor making these types of statements.. It is a professional, with much extensive diploma and study making these statements. It is their lifelong vocation and profession to study and understand Islamic text and scripture..

The statements these leaders make then, are important and influential, and based in historical fact; Why would muslims like yourselves be disappointed at hearing what the doctors of this faith explain and teach about those sacred texts?

Maybe neither you nor Charliespeirs are too sure about really adhering to this Eastern faith, if those teachings or statements are a few things that either of you would actually disagree with.

I suppose I should ask you, what you each personally believe the Quran teaches, particularly when the Islamic faith is under oppression and duress by powers such as Zionism, Western Capitalism, and Colonialism. I believe it teaches that Allah would expect it's adherents to attempt to reobtain Al Quds or rather Jerusalem,.. better known as the land of Palestine that is, in Arabic/Farsi.

Do you guys maybe subscribe to Nation of Islam and it's teachings? How might those differ from Persian Islamic teachings? Probably greatly,
but to be honest with you, neither of you strike me as being followers of Nation of Islam..

That the translation that we are reading, could be a misguided one, is a possibility, an unlikely possibility. Be my guest and find a another suitable translation from Farsi to English..I can try looking for one as well...

As for this post: You seem to be forgetting one major part: Ayatollahs are from a specific denomination of Shia Islam. The religious studies they do aren't simply memorizing the Qur'an, but memorizing the previous rulings & interpretations of their denomination. They also become experts in previous fatwas & the justifications of them.

It's literally like an Amish expert being cited as a representative for all of Christianity. They may have mastered their own scriptures & all Amish/Mennonite interpretations of Christianity. But that doesn't mean they speak for all of Christianity's 30,000+ denominations.

I personally repsect many of the Ayatollahs because they've publicly spoken out in favor of the American Civil Rights Movement & Muslims in the African American community. The current Grand Ayatollah's twitter account even spoke up for the Ferguson protests (who knows who actually types the messages, though).

However, I fully understand that they are experts in their form of Shia Islam. Even other Shia denominations may not recognize their authority.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I suppose that means you might actually be partial to Nation of Islam then..

I do not think there are hundreds of sects or hundreds of denominations of Islam in the United States.
I do not even think there are hundreds of sects or hundreds of denomination of Islam in the Middle East.

I do not think there is much room for varied interpretation in this faith, since the original Qu'ran has never been re written
or changed- Purportedly, changing or modifying anything in the Qu'ran would go against Allah- no change ever to the Arabic
original.

When it is translated into different languages, that is where a problem may appear.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

I suppose that means you might actually be partial to Nation of Islam then..

I do not think there are hundreds of sects or hundreds of denominations of Islam in the United States.
I do not even think there are hundreds of sects or hundreds of denomination of Islam in the Middle East.

I do not think there is much room for varied interpretation in this faith, since the original Qu'ran has never been re written
or changed- Purportedly, changing or modifying anything in the Qu'ran would go against Allah- no change ever to the Arabic
original.

When it is translated into different languages, that is where a problem may appear.

Nope, I have nothing to do with the Nation of Islam. There have been Muslims in African American communities long before the NOI was founded. 15-30% of the African slaves were originally Muslims. That would be like assuming Christianity in America started with the Mormons. I do respect many of the programs they have though, since they actually work in the inner cities along w/churches to combat gang violence, drug life, etc.

Also, Islam is different from Christianity w/its divisions. There are distinct denominations & sub-denominations, but there are also things called "schools of thought" which have different interpretations among denominations. Then the local & regional communities which can also have vastly different traditions, rulings, and interpretations (as long as they don't conflict w/the Qur'an).

The Qur'an is always #1. The widely accepted Sunna & Hadith are usually #2 (though their interpretations can differ vastly depending on the denomination or school of thought). Then you have the disputed Hadith & Sunna which vary in acceptance. Then you have other scholarly writings, rulings and local traditions, which can be very different as well. This is why 2 different "Sunni"-majority communities can have vastly different beliefs and why there's no 1 form of Sharia Law.

In fact, the only reason there are so few officially labeled denominations is because there's an old saying attributed to the Prophet Muhammad that says there will be a distinct number of denominations in a prophecy. So the scholars & leaders of the major "schools of thought" and sub-denominations are afraid of breaking this number for fear of "creating innovations in Islam", which is considered a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They took out Sadat ,TAKE out that guy.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Hey guy, have either you or Charliespeirs ever been to Africa..? Yes, Islam colonized Africans as well, under slavery and torture..
Arabs do not necessarily think so highly of the African race, but I can understand the associations you are making between Islam and Africa.. Nonetheless, Islam is not an indegenous faith to the African continent.. Islam conquered certain regions of Africa, and later as you said, those "converted" african musilims were subjected to the atlantic slave trade of the 1500's.. do not overlook the fact that Arabs, arabs generally do not identify as africans, and do not overlook the fact that Arabs see Africa as a conquered land..I do not know why, but they treat Africa, and africans as a subservient group..maybe it's because they are located in a more southern zone or hemisphere..who knows;

If during the slave trade, africans arrived to the United States as muslim faithfuls that would be normal, since they had already been subjected to an Arab-Islamic hierarchy..

Do you truly love and revere the Islamic faith? I think it's attractive at least musically and aesthetically.. but Islam is far too mysogynistic for my personal taste..do you know what I mean.. Take a look a Yoruba or other african culture in Brazil.. now that's a nicer relationship with Africa; indegenous African culture NEVER had anything to do with Islam; Islam is Arab.. from the East. African culture is african!! See how Central and Southern African people live, they do not need an Arab God to direct them.. I prefer authentic African space, in those cultures and nations, very long ago, the lady, was frequently in charge of the house and the household, she was even the person in charge of doing the hunting, the hunting and providing for the family.. I like strong women, and African women have historically always been symbols of strength.. An African woman subjected to Arab Religion does not feel right to me, any more than it feels right to me to see Rihanna wearing a veil while performing on stage.. African Americans need to understand that they are AFRICAN!! And AfriKKA is alright, Arabia, Arabia on the other hand is not.. neither is their faith..

Once again look at Yoruba, in Brazil.. you're going to like that and its relationship with nature and the BALANCE between men and women..

Why would you opt out by choosing Islam as your center of reverence, when your reverence should be your mother and her power? I Love the African American community (see black), but you do not belong with a bunch of crazy pedophile muslims from either Afghantisan or from Pakistan..Do you see what I mean? You do not think like Pakastani or Afghani people, you are Afrikkan, and Afrika is a beautiful place when it is not corrupted by external forces like Arabo-Islamic influence..

They are the ones that state that africans are inferior to Arabs..you know that don't you?

Would you protect your african american sister from these thugs, muslim thugs, if you had to? of course you would.
Tell me how many africans died when the Islamic Arab invaders arrived to Africa.. to Senegal etc.

See, Africans have a free, gentle, pagan peacful vibe, Arabs and Islam at least Middle Eastern Islam does not possess that quality or attitude towards life..Can you see the difference?

I prefer African culture in it's original context.. I am interested in tolerating Arabs invading Africa..and taking over African women and children in the name of Arab Islam..Are you?

Africa was never reduced to merely a continent invaded by practices of clitoral mutilation;
Afrikka is a strong continent, without the presence of Islam.

My opinion is that Africa and African culture is at odds with Islam and Arabic culture. Are you able to see that?

Try Yoruba, now there's a healthy outlet for African Americans that wish to re-identify with Afrikka, like yourself "enlightenedservant.." and like Charliespeirs..

Don't choose and trust Islam guy... choose and trust Afrikka man! Get with it..! Afrikka is the water source, not Islam..
edit on 18-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join