It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces To Change ‘Free The Oppressed’ Motto After Complaints From Afghans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

FORT BRAGG, N.C. — Top Army leaders have ordered its elite Special Forces unit to change its motto from the Latin “De Opresso Liber” (To liberate the oppressed) to something that would be more culturally sensitive, after a large number of Afghans holding child sex slaves have complained.

“We want to make sure we are not offending our coalition partners and not judging them based on our own biases,” said Col. Dwight S. Barry, a Pentagon spokesperson. “At the end of the day, we just have to respect that raping young boys and mutilating female genitals is just a part of their culture.”
www.duffelblog.com...

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

That's the question that is leading me to wonder just how many people on earth even have a soul. It seems to me that if you have a soul you realize that it's the most valuable thing in this world, to you. Now, are you going to sell your soul to be part of the US military?

Talk about selling out cheap. Your government looks at you just as what Henry Kissinger asserted:

"Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

So, to be treated like dog excrement and thought of as being exactly what Kissinger said...

You'll sell your soul. I wouldn't want to be you on "judgment day."

But, that goes for the rest of America. I believe that if you don't end your support (both direct and indirect) of the evil of your government you are culpable as well, at least karmically.

There are ways out of the system and I'm not nearly as far out of it as I want to be so I'm to blame as well. It makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Satire

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm sure others will point out, but the Duffel Blog is 100% satire. That is not to say that the whole idea of looking the other way and ignoring heinous traditions like bachi bazi aren't a complete smack in the face of what these folks put their lives on the line to protect.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This article, while "not true", makes some good points. After the recent incident where some SF soldiers rightfully beat the hell out of a child rapist and got into trouble for it, they MIGHT AS WELL change their motto, and adopt the other equally rediculous changes mentioned in the article. A great piece of scathing satire levelled at the brass.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Using a military satire website that was started by, is run by, and written by a bunch of ex-military dudes to support your rant against joining the military is a rather humorous approach.

You got trolled. Hard.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

How dare you tell it like it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Here we go again, bending to the will of a few noncitizens. WTF is wrong with our leaderless country?

Hmmm. satire? Not hard to get trolled by this when our so-called leaders are constantly capitulating to mexicans and other noncitizens.

edit on 16-10-2015 by HighDesertPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
De Opresso Liber

No, no, no...

Catena considerationum mearum imperio sugit

Satire indeed...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Oh... Looks like the next seal team is going in by ROFLCOPTER!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
More satirical soften of language for spinning intentions. Sex slave op? Come on....We all know US armed forces on the ground in that country are delegated to underpaid poppy field wardens. But guarantee, these boots on the ground are being positioned for more lofty goals in Afghanistan's neighborhood. Syria bound.

top topics

join