It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho Cashier FALSELY Accuses Me of Sexual Harassment?? Advice??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

OMG, that cracked me up! LOL

I agree with those saying to have a formal meeting with you, the witch and management together. You have tried ignoring her, gone out of your way to be nice and understanding, stood up for yourself against her and nothing works. She clearly has issues and you shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Tell your boss that your are going to record her actions and abuse and get a lawyer.

She will be gone in a week.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It might also be an idea to invest in a little pocket audio recorder, so that you can collect evidence and record your exchanges.

Check the laws about recording conversations in your state before you do this. Also, you are on the clock in a private business, so you may want to check how that works as well.

Some states require you to inform and get consent from someone before you record them.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for all the help and support!

Yes, everyone I talk to seems to think that contacting the police would be a bad idea. I'd just hate it if she went to them first. Hindsight is always 20/20 because we know what happened after.

Most likely this will come down to a formal meeting, between my employer and the store manager that my boss is contracted to clean for. I have done right for about a year and, to me, I was forced to stand up for myself because nothing was working by being the good guy. I stayed on the right side for as long as I did, at great emotional cost to myself, so that I could say that I was on the right side all along.

Thanks for mentioning about the HR department needing to do something about this. I did actually ask my employer to ask the manager why she was being scheduled to work on all my work nights, after all the problems there have been, when the floors need to be done at night but she doesn't need to cashier on the night shift, esp. the nights I work there.

I am still waiting to hear from my boss (I mean besides emails (we can't seem to catch one another.) I was asked if I could cover tonight because the part-time worker was fired for various reasons (basically, incompetence.) But I said I really need a couple days to recoup from this woman. I said she's put me through a great deal of stress, more than I ever explained to him.

Oh, and I actually do have a small voice recorder and it was an expensive one too! I got that originally to take audio notes for story ideas while I walked, but never really used it. It would be tricky to use at work, as my free pocket is used for my scraper and paper (I've had 'late summer' allergies, even though it's mid-October.) It could always fit in a back pocket. It does record things very well. Wish I'd thought of this myself a while back! Most likely she'll watch her words and actions for now, expecting management to be watching video footage, and esp. as now she is feeling like she is the victor.

She has no idea what kind of fighter I am though. I've given her a free pass because A) She's a woman, and B) She works where I work. But she's made a serious allegation against me (and a FALSE one,) so I plan to fight this all the way! I need to go back to ignoring her and pushing for a serious meeting about this serious matter.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks for making me laugh! I needed that!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm sure you have a District Manager ( over several stores ) and a Regional Manager ( sections of the country ) I'm assuming you're in the U.S. ?

Go above your facility/store Mgr.'s head, this will get the ball rolling in the right direction! I assure you it will.

Your working condition is under undue stress/anxiety and hostile when it needn't be, it must stop, you're working under duress. You have the right as everyone else does to work without being harassed.

Good luck with it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There should be a Labor Relations board in your state. Email them...but still lawyer up. If she makes you the bad guy, you will need legal representation.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Thanks!

Well, my boss is the manager of a very large area (a whole province.) I live in Canada, actually.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

He is from Canada.

Edited to add, sorry, I didn't know you posted and answered Lone. LOL
edit on 16-10-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Another downside is from my experience people will often be more likely to believe a woman over a man in these types of situations.

I know I won't get any positive feedback from this post but it's just something I've observed over my lifetime.

When these types of interactions happen where a man and a woman get into a disagreement/fight at work or otherwise, regardless of who is really at fault, the women seems to be able to get the victim tag much more easily. Whereas the man is painted as the antagonist.

Hopefully people in your workplace are actually observant of her behavior and yours and can see the truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2
Looking at one of your earlier replies, I don't think people have actually latched on to the fact that you and the woman have different employers, viz.the store and the company contracted to do the cleaning work.
That must be an important complication.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Since this woman is clearly unbalanced, and the boss knows about it, why is she still employed is my question! At this stage, going to the boss, and getting other employees to as well, and demanding she is fired, seems to be the best bet. She's a lawsuit waiting to happen, with the deliberate "slipping", and now the false sexual harassment claims. She needs to go. Get written statements from others, record her rants, anything you can, and get it to corporate, if the local management can't or won't act.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Yeah, and sadly women warn me about that because everyone knows there is a bias in that area (it's a political as well as legal issue, I guess.) This is partly why I've been advised not to speak to the police.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Indeed. This is why I mentioned it lol A lot of people don't know much about floor maintenance. I didn't either until I got trained into it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Thanks. That's how I feel. What I want more than anything is to be rid of her. I don't care if it's for legal reasons, management decisions, whatever. I also really want my name to be cleared on this issue. Everyone at work sympathizes with me but it's still awkward for me, with this accusation against me. All I really have is my self-respect and my credibility as an honest, hard-working man. She's attacked both at this point.
edit on 16-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That seems the best solution, for you, for the other employees, and for the management. People like her cause problems. She'll end up filing a lawsuit, and costing the, if they can't get her gone, on good solid grounds. Stories like this remind me of why I am glad not to be in the workforce anymore! Some people just make it a nightmare for everyone else.

Keep us posted?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Tell your boss that your are going to record her actions and abuse and get a lawyer.She will be gone in a week.

Dear OP, I tried what Olaru is suggesting here and things just got worse.
When I threatened with legal action I became a target, I was written up three times for the first time in my forty years of working.
Eventually I resigned from the most excellent benefits and people I loved to serve. I suffer from PTSD after this experience but I wasn't fired, I walked out on my own.
At the final meeting with HR. when asked if I had any comments to improve the work place I just shook my head.

Some environments are just toxic, many people are toxic.
The condition in US work establishments are terrible.
Even when we make a "living" wage we aren't living. We assassinate each other. For what? Envy, Power.
I do hope you find a path where you can maintain your integrity.
WIS

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
it sounds like she is creating a hostile work environment I believe people have sued and won hostile work environment cases. tell the manger that you feel that she is creating a hostile work environment and he needs to put a stop to it.
if he is a professional he will know what the consequences of maintaining a hostile work environment could mean to the company.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Update:

Well, finally spoke to my boss. I am not being accused of anything specific (legally,) but of coming onto her (a possible sexual harassment, I guess.) She twisted what I said, of course, into me stating that "a relationship is inevitable" (between her and me.) I could scream and laugh at the same time! I don't know what else was said. Maybe I'll find out when we speak with the manager in person. (Honestly, I don't really want to know specifically because it'll just infuriate me in front of him (I'll have to hide it...)

My boss explained that, since I work for a company which works for another company, that I basically don't have any protection. If the store manager really took that accusation seriously (even without evidence) I'd be GONE! Fortunately, the manager said he doesn't entirely believe her side and knows there is more too it (um, duh! lol) So my boss said that, although he rarely ever does this, he will go to bat for me (how he can.) He is going to try to get an appointment for the three of us to discuss this. My boss feels that my story (which fortunately I've written down (and dated much of it) speaks pretty clearly about what this is. People consider my character to be credible, I've been told by different people, so he thinks this should go well. I am doubtful only because I've never experienced any kind of justice before, or fairness (in law, management decisions, etc.,) nor have I ever seen it around me. So, I'm hopeful but superstitious about being too hopeful!

My boss suspects, at most, she will be moved to a different schedule. This would suit me fine, I just really don't want to deal with her anymore! I won't go in expecting anything more. All I want is to not have to work with her anymore and for nothing to go down marking me as in any way guilty of what I've been accused of.

Meanwhile, I just have to try to avoid and put up with all the BS this cashier will savour holding over me. A small price to pay if this turns out! I'll be praying to God!

Thanks again for all your help and support!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Some environments are just toxic, many people are toxic.
The condition in US work establishments are terrible.
Even when we make a "living" wage we aren't living. We assassinate each other. For what? Envy, Power.
I do hope you find a path where you can maintain your integrity.
WIS

Thanks! Seems to be the same here in Canada, based on what I hear. It sounds worse in the executive world.
edit on 16-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join