It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German hunter kills biggest Elephant for almost 30 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
At least he paid for the hunt rather than poaching it..
I mean come on the only time anything like this gets any publicity is when it is some rich white guy who paid money to hunt. When this happens daily from the true morons who seek to profit from ivory or other trophies no one bats an eye.

It's like the whole "black lives matter" crowd and their reverse racist figure heads who flip out against white on black crime, and then are convinently mute and blind when it comes to black on black violence and gang issues.

At least he paid for it......??

You miss the point..... Killing for killings sake shows the individual to be of an unstable mind or some sort of mental illness.....couple this with the fact that he thinks it's acceptable to pay to kill....!!! It's the same thinking as offering a donation to cancer research and then expecting to end a cancers patients life because 'he paid' to do so........

Hunting for anything BUT food and shelter is abhorrent, immoral, wrong and downright disgusting..... ALL who subscribe to this attitude illustrate a form of mental illness and an inferiority complex....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Legal well regulated hunting can and does aid in survival of species.

Cecil was off limits and laws were broken to kill him.

Generally in areas of game preserves where many hunts are paid for there is not near the number of poachers.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Is it really hunting it you pay some guy to do all the dirty work and you just pull the trigger?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Banquo
Poaching is a very serious issue that people do talk about and look to prevent. Not sure where you get no one talks about that.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Is it really hunting it you pay some guy to do all the dirty work and you just pull the trigger?

It would be more fun if random bullets were filled with c4. That way every trigger pull could be your last.

I will say it again that these sport hunters paying top dollar do more for animal survival than most humans.

If you had enough money to buy some land and protect the herds on it how would you continue to pay for your land?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Trophy hunters = lowest form of life on this sh@tty planet..this is depressing

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No the people they pay do the preservation, the guys who pay the top dollar just come in for the kill. Also safari tours and other attractions with these animals bring in just as much money. It isn't like these hunts are the only thing keep them funded.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
What do you mean the people they pay?

I did not claim that hunting exotics was the only source of revenue for game preserves but it is the most productive.

The funds will be very short if we could only rely on people visiting such sites to see the animals.

A fifty thousand dollar hunt can buy lots of food for the stock and trying to rely on tourism into remote places is pointless.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Trophy hunters = lowest form of life on this sh@tty planet..this is depressing

Without trophy hunters willing to pay big money then the animals would be completely gone due to illegal poaching.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

originally posted by: Banquo
At least he paid for the hunt rather than poaching it..
I mean come on the only time anything like this gets any publicity is when it is some rich white guy who paid money to hunt. When this happens daily from the true morons who seek to profit from ivory or other trophies no one bats an eye.

It's like the whole "black lives matter" crowd and their reverse racist figure heads who flip out against white on black crime, and then are convinently mute and blind when it comes to black on black violence and gang issues.

At least he paid for it......??

You miss the point..... Killing for killings sake shows the individual to be of an unstable mind or some sort of mental illness.....couple this with the fact that he thinks it's acceptable to pay to kill....!!! It's the same thinking as offering a donation to cancer research and then expecting to end a cancers patients life because 'he paid' to do so........

Hunting for anything BUT food and shelter is abhorrent, immoral, wrong and downright disgusting..... ALL who subscribe to this attitude illustrate a form of mental illness and an inferiority complex....

Regards

PDUK

No sir, you miss the point, I'm not condoning his actions in the least. There's a vast difference between paying to do it and doing it to profit from it, illegally.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Poaching is a very serious issue that people do talk about and look to prevent. Not sure where you get no one talks about that.

For all the paid for "trophy hunts" that have been named and shamed in msm, poaching is merely a foot note.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I dont buy that fully, more anti poaching teams are needed..anyway the trophy hunter isn't doing it for the love of the animal, they do it for what ever thrill you get from killing something large and majestic..and then putting on his wall so his douchbag buddies can admire..that to me is a sign of a personality disorder.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Then there is the nasty fact that the money from the licensing and permits is used for wildlife management.
Please check the link to the University of Washington's Conservation Magazine. It has some interesting things to read, including this:

Is there such evidence? According to a 2005 paper by Nigel Leader-Williams and colleagues in the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy the answer is yes. Leader-Williams describes how the legalization of white rhinoceros hunting in South Africa motivated private landowners to reintroduce the species onto their lands. As a result, the country saw an increase in white rhinos from fewer than one hundred individuals to more than 11,000, even while a limited number were killed as trophies.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I would disagree, poaching doesn't have a name and a face to cover until one is caught.
Hunters broadcast that and make it easy.

Stop letting the MSM dictate to you what is a big deal or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It is a nasty fact..I still question what lurks in the heart of a trophy hunter, the fact that much money is generated that way makes me ashamed for the human race.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

A fifty thousand dollar hunt can buy lots of food for the stock and trying to rely on tourism into remote places is pointless.

$50,000 isn't that much... a permit to kill a black rhino was auctioned off for over $350,000 in Namibia in 2014.
That would pay for a lot of game warden salaries.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Big shock!! so soon after the lion slaying .. His sentence should be to go back out there to face the elephants with nothing but his wits not hiding in a bush hiding behind his scope I'd also extradite him to the country in question to face the laws of the land!! ....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

It is a nasty fact..I still question what lurks in the heart of a trophy hunter, the fact that much money is generated that way makes me ashamed for the human race.

Most are interested in the thrill of hunting dangerous game. Laws prevent importation of most African trophies nowadays.
Earlier mention of shooting an elephant being like shooting the side of a barn would be accurate if the barn had legs and tended to charge, kill or maim the person 'shooting into the side' of it.
The argument that it is okay to kill for meat is an aside here. The meat is eaten.
Personally, I would not want to go to Africa. I would not hunt African elephants if they were native to the US either.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would disagree, poaching doesn't have a name and a face to cover until one is caught. 

Why doesn't the press go catch some of them?
See, they have to be caught... because they are criminals.
This German guy is not a criminal, he is operating in conjunction with the government and doing it legally. Why not sent CNN over to grill the government officials and ask them how they dare to do this?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I dont buy that fully, more anti poaching teams are needed..anyway the trophy hunter isn't doing it for the love of the animal, they do it for what ever thrill you get from killing something large and majestic..and then putting on his wall so his douchbag buddies can admire..that to me is a sign of a personality disorder.

Absolutely more anti poaching is needed.

It cost money to protect and feed animals.

A rich hunter can = thousands of tourist that may never come.

To think that in the animal kingdom a sacrifice is needed in order to survive is crazy thought but it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join