It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Angels told us to remain calm and we would be saved" - The Cokeville Miracle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If these apparitions were as real as can be, and did somehow protect the kids from most of the force, then maybe the reason behind could be their descendants some where from 10 or even a couple of thousands years from now could have some value or impact on life.

Going kind way of off topic here, but if string theory is accurate about there being plausible multiple universes, and that they are just simulations of decisions or events that weren't made or didn't happen, and that they could become a reality. If this were the case, and that these apparitions are outside the definition of time and space, they could literally be making more tactical choices.

Let say if Hitler wasn't born, or did go to art school, and didn't go all megalomaniac and mystical, would we still be standing here today. Would the allies have lost instead, where some one even more tactical then Hitler took over, and decided to take on battlefront at a time instead of two like Hitler did? Sure that person probably never would of persecuted the Jews, but could have he have been much worse, where instead of chasing spaceships, they built the first nukes?

Why not stop the imperialistic horrors of WW1, oh wait, people forgot reality and how much of a bitch it is. They needed to Remember!
But then there are stories of Foo Fighters saving WW2 fighter pilots from bombs that became duds.

Are these being trying to avoid our extinction in general, even if their was only one man and woman left, because somewhere, in another simulation very similar, but different then ours could of went extinct.

Simultaneous time travelers anyone?
edit on 16-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I can hear the Satanists and Atheists stampeding to discredit this one as we speak. It's all great if they think they are just going to die and become worm food, but when anyone else has a belief in anything, or has even witnessed something...we can't have any hope for this world, now can we?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
I can hear the Satanists and Atheists stampeding to discredit this one as we speak. It's all great if they think they are just going to die and become worm food, but when anyone else has a belief in anything, or has even witnessed something...we can't have any hope for this world, now can we?

Aren't you glad you pick the right religion.

There are to many holes in this story to even consider it credible.

edit on 16-10-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Aren't you glad you pick the right religion.

There are to many holes in this story to even consider it credible.

I'm not "picking" anything. Just grabbing some popcorn to watch the fireworks start once they get here.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ah, I remember this story! Fascinating case, really. Didn't know they'd made a movie. Personally, I'd say angels is the simplest explanation. Why not!? They were clearly protected somehow, and they stated it was angels. If God didn't want these children killed, angelic protection is a method He might use to keep them safe.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't know. The ways of Man are not the ways of God. But in the Bible it says that all children who are innocent go to heaven--so they all are okay. Evil only exists to justify an even greater good. Had we only not eaten of the fruit, we would have no pain, no death--but unfortunately we did. I don't think they were "worth" saving any more than the others. But maybe someone asked God for help, and so He sent angels to help. I don't know, though. I often wonder the same thing you wonder.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
LOL. I just found out that this is a new movie that just came out called....well, "The Cokeville Miracle"...you wouldn't be using ATS for cheap advertising would you ha ha?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Interesting story. Although, like others have said, if it was a godly angel then why this random act of intervention to only this group of children?

Im thinking the children saw something and thought it was an angel. Or a real non human entity(s) saved them. If something miraculous happend, they would probably inject the religion they have been taught to explain the unexplained.

As for this having anything to do with a religious god? Id say no. God makes a universe governd by laws and logic, then proceeds to act like a madman with no real reasonings behind his actions.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I was caught off guard. Long-time non active member. I have never heard of this story. Just so happened to catch the movie this evening, and decided what my fellow ATS minds had to say about it. Sure enough, it was one of the two main features. Kind of took me back for a moment.

Anyway, my quick two cents. For those questioning why would a Supreme Being be selective as to who to save, who's to say there aren't dark forces at play as well? Possibly other disaters could have been even more worse, without the interaction of, some entity.

Also, I'm always skeptical of stories such as this, where a very tight knit, small, "religious" communities children are telling stories, which could have been easily influenced. As a father of 3 younger children, I do believe "most" of what they have to say, but I am aware at how easily my beliefs can influence what they say.

Apologies for any inconsistencies, I'm half asleep and usually keep to myself.

Thanks for listening...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Cabinet members as well as local police and the sheriff's office came out over a year ago and identified Sandy Hook as a "live simulation" and training exercise when people were asking questions about the county publishing a 0 for murder statistics that year. Its just that that isn't slam bam wan action packed enough a story to have carried on msn.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Mass delusion, isn't even a real world explanation.

Those children should be dead anyway you look at it.
edit on Ram101715v21201500000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Posting on my religious views is not something I normally do but I'm seeing so many people say "why save these kids and not sandy hook etc etc....?" that I had to chime in. Well I have a question for you.

If there is a God, what makes you think you would be privileged enough to understand his decisions?

If God is omnipotent/omnipresent all powerful and created this universe over 14 billion years ago what makes you think you can even fathom God's decision making process there? He would know the ripples of time in and out. Maybe a great great great grandchild of one of the kids from cokeville will be a great champion of peace and help usher in a new age? Maybe one of the Sandy Hook descendants becomes the next terrible supreme dictator?

It astounds me that people use the argument that there is no supreme deity because one person/group was saved over another. Are we all supposed to live in our physical forms forever? God never says anything about that. And he certainty mentions there is plenty of evil in the world and free will. How would we know if God was using these deaths to somehow alter history for the better and giving those other inconcent souls lost another chance (that could very well be a better chance than in the first place)? Or if God even decided to intervene at all? It might have been better for free will or nature run its' course.

I don't know why God does what he does but honesty, I don't have to know.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
They came here to experience that just like the children that were apart of the not so sweet outcomes knew it would be their fate in this lifetime. Can't compare scenarios and find reasoning when we are all here for different reasons yet the same meaning. Life is so trippy, that much is known. Scripted in the before life is the present life and in the after life we laugh at life. Why be a #ty writer.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

As a Spiritual Atheist who believes in the Jedi Philosophy, my explanation is that it isn't God, but Cosmic Entities. In fact Star Wars the Clone Wars and Marvel Comics shows feature these beings.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Watching the film will not help establish anything, it will be filled with 'creative license' and as its clearly a god squad film its going to bend the truth a little as do ALL films based on real events, JFK being a notable item.

Personally I think too much is being made of it, clearly the bomb was poorly made with the windows being opened which isn't such a coincidence as who wants to be around a load of kids throwing up (harsh yes but true).

As for the image on the wall, its just random shapes, I thought it looked like a space shuttle launch, ie people will see what they want..

I'm glad every one was ok but too much is being read in to it, as for the angels, kids high on gas fumes all talking to each other, what are the chances of this being a huge mistake based on kids being off their heads..

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
How unfortunate for some, that they see a story like this as some kind of cosmic injustice because not everyone gets a miracle.

Very telling of the problems society faces today...

I don't see this as some kind of cosmic injustice, I see this as a catalyst for curiousity and thought.

What about curiousity and thought is telling of the problems society faces today? Or are you mistakenly assuming people's curiousity and thought are automatically outcries of cosmic injustice and miracle equality for us all?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The wiki article describes the order of events something like so:

1.captors took the school hostage
2.the kids became increasingly frightened/upset
3.to calm the kids, a teacher lead them in prayer
4.the prayer upset the captors
5.when trying to stop the prayer, a captor set off the bomb prematurely

If what the children said was true, we can assume their prayers were heard, and the angels showed up between step 3 and 5.
edit on 10/17/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Yes, it is a very interesting story, but I can't help thinking about those poor children at Sandy Hook, and all the other innocent children suffering in the world, and I wonder, why not save all of them? I just don't get why these particular kids were worthy of saving, yet others are not.

I always think the same thing when this comes up.

Selective angels.

The story benefits the Mormon church, if people knew more about the Mormons and how they indoctrinate the children they could see through this.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Who could know why? But it did happen, I live down the road from Cokeville, I know these families, and the children who have come from them. As a community, they are some of the finest people you could ever know. Why them and not others, well I think others are saved like this with no lasting recollection of the intervention which spared their lives. A friend of mine, who was one of the doctors who treated these children, once told me he noticed that what the children related to him when the event happened and what they remembered years later, seemed directly related to how close they remained to their faith. Those who followed a more worldly path had the angelic part of the event, fade from their recollection.

Though I give credit to God, some of the children remember the angels faces, and discovered it was their ancestors intervening and saving their lives.
They are a prayerful community, highly unified in their love of God. Not in some type of cult way,. but humble followers of their savior Jesus Christ. Perhaps that's is where the comparison lies between other events.....I cannot speak to that. I do however believe, all children lost in the horrible events happening around this world, are received in to the loving arms of the God who sent them.

a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Yes, it is a very interesting story, but I can't help thinking about those poor children at Sandy Hook, and all the other innocent children suffering in the world, and I wonder, why not save all of them? I just don't get why these particular kids were worthy of saving, yet others are not.

The easy answer, assuming such beings are real is that they are not all knowing or all powerful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join