It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Angels told us to remain calm and we would be saved" - The Cokeville Miracle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

On a basic level we'd only be here to learn through experience. Like walking a tightrope with no safety wire, you'd be more cautious, every step would feel so very different knowing there is no safety device helping you.

I guess limited divine intervention may be acceptable to keep the faith.

I don't think, if there is a divine entity or an afterlife we'd ever have actual proof beyond speculation and a few testimonials. Divine intervention would stop that from happening surely?

Fate as in we all follow a path with no free will makes no sense to me as there wouldn't need to be such intervention to correct an error, unless we live in the matrix.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Why these and not others? What if everyone is given a chance but just few accept it, in all this tales it seems free will plays a role, something offer protection, what he ask may seem contrary to common sence, stay calm when perhaps run for your life seems as a better option.

In the end all come down to faith, do you have faith in divine intervention, do you have faith in the angel thing, do you have faith in god? If you do you cannot question anything if you don't you are doom anyways.

I don't know if there is god, angels or something else, but I know people that have been "helped" in strange situations and all seem to have that leap of faith thing where you need to trust without reason.

Perhaps aliens are gamblers and got a reality show on earth, will they accept the help or will they die,make your bets

Since there have been humans there has been the believe in "gods", and this higher beins as been evilish creatures that don't care about humans most of the time, but in some cases they do help. Just because now we have mainly Christian, muslin and Jew god, does not remove the fact that when people believed in others, they also claimed to receive their help from time to time.

I don't even know if there is a god to start to infere how it thinks or acts, why it does this but not that, but maybe, just maybe, the main motto of believing without prove that comes with religions have something to do with all that, some ask why these kids where saved and not sandy hook ones, when maybe they should ask what this kids did and sandy hook ones did not, in the end we are not all knowing, so just be happy of this cool story and don't be bitter because this is the exception and not the rule.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Does that mean our lives are predetermined? Why else would someone mess with the natural order of things? Why make exceptions if it wasn't too weave a grand storyline for mankind?

That's a theory I've contemplated more than once.
It also brings to mind a saying that I believe goes back to the ancient Greeks:
"A divine gift should never be questioned. It should simply be accepted." (The saying has been used in heroic epics, even movies.)
But it's our human nature to always question this stuff. Why are people 'A' saved but people 'B' aren't?

I absolutely believe divine intervention occurs. I'd go so far as to say I know it occurs.

Good thread, Sublimecraft.
Have you heard the accounts of children describing how they were saved by "butterfly people" during the terrible tornado in Joplin, Missouri? (2011)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Factually, as the scant details are presented here, nothing physical seems to have happened that cannot be explained with common scientific explanations. Evidently, by a move and clothing, a static electricity spark ignited gasoline vapor that was either in her clothing or very near her but did not set off the larger container.

I firmly believe in help from "guardian angels," but I see no need to stretch that concept in this instance.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I believe it. If there weren't intervention such as that, I would not be here typing.

never thought of it like that .. but on that logic ... same applies to me ... prob a few times over i think ...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
But it seems the kids didn't all witness the same thing:

"Witness to Miracles" includes several stories of children who reported seeing angels in the classroom that day. Glenna Walker's children saw a "beautiful lady" who told them to go near the window. Other children reported seeing an angel over each child's head. These stories do not surprise the people of Cokeville, most of whom belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Call me cynical, but the oxymoron of stopping the full explosion rather than stopping the guy in the first place reminds me of the Simpsons:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There could be any number of explanations for the event not related to angels and Mormonism.

You can even keep the paranormal aspect and remove the "why them and not others" a bit by imagining the angels were really extraterrestrials who prevented some of their human experiments/hybrids from being killed prematurely.

Or it could have all just been some type of mass delusion brought about by the stress of the situation.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I believe it. If there weren't intervention such as that, I would not be here typing.

Well, that's nice. But what about all the horrible suicide bombings from AQ, ISIS, Boko Haram, etc that go off with awful reliability? Maybe angels are on Osama's side.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't even remember that from the news, where was I?

Rhetorical question.

Would love to see the movie though.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Definitely an amazing string of coincidences there. One of the gas cans apparently leaked onto some of the explosive powder, rendering it useless, thus the bomb didn't explode with anywhere near full power.

archive.org...

But the police said that would have been the worst
thing I could have done because if the bomb had gone off any sooner that the gas
wouldn't have leaked into the powder that would have taken the building down

but only one of the five detonators went off

Interview with Tina who was the receptionist and was in the room.

Mark Junge: Are you LDS?

Tina Cook: Yes, I am. I am.

Mormons and angel teaching.
reallywanttoknow.wordpress.com...

We know the children were mostly Mormon so they did hear about angels and pray daily. We don't know what the teacher said but in the position along with prayer she surely said angels or god will protect you. The form on the wall they say looks human in the articles, where was the woman at who accidentally pulled the detonator, possibly this was a flash of her form burned on the wall as the fire engulfed her.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I want to believe and to a certain extent I do believe. My only question is this...why were these children saved by Angels? What made them so special that they get saved over the other millions of children that develop and die from disease? It's kind of like when a sports player thanks God for bringing him success on the field today. So does that mean that God didn't love the other guys/gals?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One of the kids or one of the teachers or a few of them in that school had what is called Baraka
(Blessings) and that’s why this happened.

Baraka is what perfect masters have such as Jesus, Buddha, and Muhammad.

It doesn’t work all the time obviously because human beings are so removed from the spiritual grace they lost.

But please don’t let the Ancient Alien people see this that thing on the wall would drive them crazy! It looks like a space alien.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Where were the angels when the children of the Oklahoma City bombing needed them? Or the children at daycare on the WTC on 9/11? Or at Sandy Hook?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Hey I'll tell you why. I'm about middle aged now and I've done decades of philosophical thinking regarding the meaning of life only to come to one conclusion. Life is a contradiction. Not very profound sounding I know, but I assure you it is quite the opposite. Everything is just one giant contradiction from the left brain to the right. From Let wing, right wing, light dark, yin yang, up down, to be or not to be. Why is life a contradiction? Because it's a mind F### and it's only purpose is to drive a wedge between the faithful and unfaithful long enough for both sides to finally come to the conclusion that life "IS what it IS". I understand my articulation of this meaning does not leave you nor anyone else in an "ah-ha" moment like I have been but one day when you come to the same conclusion as me, then you will understand what I'm talking about. Until then, feel free to contradict me.
edit on 16-10-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What a great story. But, it leaves me wondering why would angels help only certain children or people and not help others? Could it just be good timing, could the entities just happen to be able to help in that certain instance? Could it be human intervention, something we aren't aware of that can be called in at the right moment, something top secret? If it's divine intervention why just these children, was it preordained or is one of them special to a future point in history? So many questions

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How unfortunate for some, that they see a story like this as some kind of cosmic injustice because not everyone gets a miracle.

Very telling of the problems society faces today...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Yes, it is a very interesting story, but I can't help thinking about those poor children at Sandy Hook, and all the other innocent children suffering in the world, and I wonder, why not save all of them? I just don't get why these particular kids were worthy of saving, yet others are not.

I always think the same thing when this comes up.

Selective angels.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Hadn't heard of this before. Going to look a bit more in to it.

PS the people saying "why these kids and not others" If this is divine intervention of sorts, you're not supposed to know why. We're not supposed to understand. That's why it's DIVINE intervention and not human intervention we can understand.

It's the whole "if got loves people why did (insert disaster here) happen" .... If divine intervention occurs, and I'm inclined to believe it does, we can't fully understand why/how/when/where .... maybe it truly wasn't their time. But other people who aren't saved... maybe as awful as it sounds, their numbers were up.

(i'll need to read more before believing yes/no on divine intervention in this story)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Id go with the mass delusion due to post traumatic stress.

... Then religious parents, those even with slightest views on God or Angles putting it down to that in which saved their children.

Belief in God or Angels has saved no one so far in history, so why would it begin then or now. Suppose I must Believe! before it comes true.... That old nutshell lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject
With that level of omnipotence, I feel I should refer to you as...Gawd.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join