It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Investment In UK Nuclear Could Threaten National Security

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It was first suggested to me 30 years ago that the freeze dried imported Chinese ingredients delivered to Chinese takeaways could contain unhealthy additives. It's a way of war that's easily blanked out because it's uncomfortable to contemplate.

A few years ago I went to my MP to get a woman and child rehoused. The house they were living in had been built by saboteurs the year before the S plan en.wikipedia.org... became widely known. The housing authority don't want the other residents to know about the sabotage done to an unknown number of houses so they denied it all and left her and the child in a house that was literally falling down. They got rehoused and the house was demolished.

During the whole saga only two of the builders privately admitted to me that this was a known problem. One told me some houses in the area built by POW's a few years later have similar problems. This is a problem that's known about in the building trade and kept very, very quiet.

If you live in a rendered house that was built around the time of the second world war you may find peace of mind, or not, by drilling a vertical line of holes through the render. Measure the depth of the hole when you hit brick. If the holes are all the same depth, and the surface of the render is vertical, you have a vertical brick wall. You may find the courses are very carefully laid so the face of the wall curves in, then a course jutting out a fraction, then the face of the wall curving out till it is outside the vertical. Then back in and the same again. Seen from the side, a zig zag. Except you can't see it because the render has been very carefully used to give a vertical face.

The mortar will have changed from the common weak mix of the time at the base of the wall, to a mix so weak in can easily be crushed with slight pressure. I had to wrap the samples in tissue paper to take them to my MP and his jaw dropped open when he saw how fragile it was.

Low down between the windows where the most weight is, half bricks and gaps will have been used to create weak points in the wall. Last time a builder came to work on that house he happily erected his ladder then went up and did a hammer test. His face turned white and he carefully climbed back down the ladder, put it back on his van, and phoned the boss. The next we heard the contractors said none of their workers would ever work on that house again because it was far too dangerous.

All this was and is denied by just about everyone involved.

Sabotage happens and people blank it out because it's uncomfortable to think about.
edit on 17 10 2015 by Kester because: re-word

edit on 17 10 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Chinese textile fraud thread here.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Yes, i agree.

I cannot comprehend why any nuclear reactors or reprocessing plants are built above ground.

It would make so much more sense, from a safety point of view, to build reactors far underground, so when (not if) a nuclear disaster occurs, the pollution will be contained far below ground and clean up would consist of pouring concrete into the shaft and forever sealing it off.

You can't do that with reactors along the coastlines or just about anywhere above ground. When disaster happen, the pollutions goes into the air and into the seas, below ground, that would not happen.

All we're talking about is extra costs to build...but when considering the costs associated with a disaster on the scale of Fukushima or Chernobyl, the extra build costs to site reactors far below ground, (inside disused mines, below mountain ranges, even under seabed) become chicken feed in comparison.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: uncommitted

Locally manufactured stuff is more ecologically sound. Buying British is green. Buying imported stuff shows you aren't thinking, just reacting to advertising.

Working in the garment trade myself I'm aware of massive textile fraud being carried out by Chinese industry with British government approval.

I agree, cruel punishment is a little extreme. Teaching the guilty parties to use a sewing machine would be a more positive step.

Personally, if something is available made in the UK of the same quality, functionality and at a reasonable price I would more than likely go for it rather than an import, I don't think that's a bad thing to do at all, but at the same time I wouldn't slavishly ignore other markets based on the country.

It's all a little neither here nor there really as the country an item is labelled as produced in says nothing about who actually produced it - I too have connections in the garment trade as a hobby and I know how much the industry has been hit over here, but then I also know that if people are offered the same product with reasonably similar quality or at a much lower price then they will more likely than not choose it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It was first suggested to me 30 years ago that the freeze dried imported Chinese ingredients delivered to Chinese takeaways could contain unhealthy additives. It's a way of war that's easily blanked out because it's uncomfortable to contemplate.

Please treat this in the manner it's intended (ironic), but didn't the rest of the world think that about our beef for several years? And our eggs come to that.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I believe Corbyn will be there to raise his concerns about human working conditions in China Etc and the rest is behind closed doors although our Chinese guest will address both sides of the house .. They can build and invest all they want as long as its our steel? Seems fair except it's mostly closed door so who knows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join