It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you make any claim and present it as fact you MUST

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy
Thanks for the chuckle---okay the real belly laugh!

Are you a high school senior or a college freshman?

You actually believe that beginning at .edu is serious? Did you get get a paper published at some .edu site?

If this place is so disgusting, perhaps you need to vacate it in order to keep from becoming contaminated.

ETA: This technique of passive attack is quite common on college campuses. I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've listened to professors running down the school which has been giving them a paycheck for years. I got so tired of hearing it that I finally asked one of them why on earth would he be wasting his time in such an undeserving institution. A hush fell over the immediate area as he turned a peculiar shade of pink, mumbled and left the room. Upon seeing how really effective it was in stopping all that negativity, I used it or a variation of it many more times over the years.

Professor: "This backward one-horse town and it's pretend university...."
Me: "Oh, I didn't know you are a pretend professor."

Professor: "I have no idea why anyone would come to this hellhole."
Me: "Hmmm, and they hired you five years ago and here you are."
edit on 15-10-2015 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's cute.
Why because I too asked people to back up claims? I don't have a problem with that. Sorry if it offends you but I sure as heck ain't.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's why I drive a Ford.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

ATS is a conspiracy theory site. Are conspiracy theories fact?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

.edu

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Show us your data! Not from some random news article that the daily mail posted, not from what your mom or dad told you the other day, and certainly not from any .com

Start with .edu and then people will start to take you seriously.

Stop being so easily sold into slavery. Good grief this place is ripe with bad information.

This is not possible in a lot of cases. facts can be facts without proof, being able to discern what the truth is is difficult regardless of evidence

I put on this site when I first joined a couple of posts that the British government were storing everyone's emails in a warehouse in Reading Berkshire and spying on them I knew this because I met a guy who worked in the warehouse then 18 months later Edward Snowden came out with all his documentary proof that this was going on in America

There was no way I could give people proof but snowden then backed this up later on There is a massive operation going on to deceive the population of this planet by the ruling class/rich people in order to furnish there own lives at the expense of the rest of us. many people have no clue of this and think that the governments are working on your behalf when they are really there to protect the elite this is why there are so many weak people in government positions and I have exposed this as well as it was one of my post's on here that triggered Anonymous's operation deatheaters

again I could not provide proof of my allegations as it was a conversation with certain people who were involved in some of these stories Yet anonymous went away and started to research and uncovered a huge amount of evidence which has led to protests and ongoing action that more of us need to get behind as it ultimately affects all of us, as this is how the elite control our world through blackmail of key people it has just come out that Ted Heath seems to of been blackmailed by the EU in order to force Britain into the EU as he was a major pedophile

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
News sources are data.

Data's nothing but compiled information.

What constitutes not data? It's all data dude. What you should've said is 'Show us your irrefutable evidence that what is claimed to've happened has actually happened.' Good day.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You mean all these years I have frequented ATS,...

... and instead I could have just gone to school ?

Damn, I have wasted my life.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

haha so because its .edu its gotta be the truth.... I forgot scientists dont need money, they cant be bought off by corporations ....silly me..... welcome to ats. Good luck, you'll need it

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So you want a well researched, extensively documented, peer reviewed conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The real slaves are those who believe they are truly free. Just because it came from an educational website doesn't mean it is 100% correct. Science has been finding new discoveries everyday include equations and physical reality.
When the the Gov/others control education and blame the so called uneducated, it does not mean that educational information isn't corrupt on its own. It is by far the most corrupt in the West right now. Everyone is either forced to get a degree and get in debt by registering to an institution in order to live a proper life. Instead of just farming for their own food. There are those who suppress information, they are those who want to conquer the world, and there are others who wants to be the smartest on the planet and demands everything from others in order to pass on their knowledge. Libraries are not what they used to be. History is rewritten by those who want to suppress truth. No one remembers anything about our past lifestyle to begin with, without searching history. The Internet basically saved the world.
edit on 15-10-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheShadows

I've made no claims. I want to take some of you seriously, but I can't. This place is the garbage dump of bad information.

Then why are you here?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Claim: Hillary is a cow, she is married to a liar.

See below for my proof......

AND

Therefore she's a cow. OK, on the proof about Billy Boy......

Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you

Billy Boy - January 26th 1998

AND

Clinton admitted in taped grand jury testimony on August 17, 1998, that he had had an "improper physical relationship" with Lewinsky. That evening he gave a nationally televised statement admitting his relationship with Lewinsky which was "not appropriate".

Bill Clinton is a liar.

The End.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because: if I make a claim, it should be a big fat bold one.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So who actually *believes* the Ivory Tower Academic Intelligentsia ?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
this is another joke right? Sublimecraft you almost made me hurl, even those consumed by darkness have a breaking point you have almost crossed that line.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
to deny ignorance, it must first exist.

just try to stay away from the UFO forums
Can Toddlers See Cloaked Alien Ships

and all this > not the dreams and prediction forums

a lot of intelligent folks here, with good credibility.

just give it a chance and soon you will be able to sort out the valid info from the tin pot obscure and spurious sh!te in no time.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Cygnis

That makes absolutely no sense. I tell you that if you present information as fact then cannot prove it with data then you are under someone else's control. How hard is this?

If you present information as fact and prove it with someone's data, you are under control of the person who got the data. Hopefully that person's data isn't biased.

originally posted by: xuenchen

So who actually *believes* the Ivory Tower Academic Intelligentsia ?

There is an anti-intellectualism movement that is more harmful than it is good in this country. It is better to go with the data brought from empirical studies than to ignore it. These studies are peer-reviewed, after all, just for starters.
edit on 16amFri, 16 Oct 2015 00:32:35 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Cheers. Thank you.

The reason why I do this now is because my coworkers and I play this game all day long in my lab. We challenge each other to be truthful and honest. Also, we challenge ourselves. I believe strongly in having the courage to face ourselves in the mirror. Just to say "hey, you know what? I really don't know the answer." is highly courageous to me. The Socratic approach.

I like all of you guys a lot despite that I may seem harsh with how information is conveyed.

Just be careful, emotion sometimes get misplaced into a spot of truth, as that is what "feels right".

Just because you may disagree with something, doesn't mean your right.

But, to go with your "Socratic Approach".. What or who is to say what is right or wrong?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The FACT is whatever claim I want to make is for me to decide how to present it. There are many FACTS that can not be supported with hard evidence and yet it does NOT make them any less true. Plenty of FACTS presented with hard data can be refuted by presenting equally hard data to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Exactly.

How much hard data did we teach in our schools about the planet Pluto?...

... until Tyson came along.

Every day facts are created and facts are destroyed, with hard data.

And often data that academia takes years to establish into their curriculum.
edit on 16-10-2015 by smirkley because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join