It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Thrown Out Window in the Bronx Dies; Mother Is Under Psychiatric Evaluation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The screaming from Apartment 6D began on Wednesday night. By midday on Thursday, one neighbor said, Tenisha N. Fearon was yelling, “I’m going to throw the baby.”

“She was saying, ‘Hallelujah, praise God, we’re all going to die,’ ” said the neighbor, Lizette Rodriguez, 48, who lived three floors below Ms. Fearon in the Bronx. “She was arguing with herself.”

By 2 p.m., residents who had heard the screams clambered up a fire escape at 2200 Tiebout Avenue, near East 182nd Street, to a nearby rooftop to urge Ms. Fearon to stop. The view inside her sixth-floor apartment, said Gregorio Lopez, 47, who lived next door to her and had joined his neighbors on the roof.

Baby Thrown Out Window in the Bronx Dies; Mother Is Under Psychiatric Evaluation

Capital Punishment?

A full on lobotomy for scientific research?

An exorcism?

Ok that last one is slightly in jest to try and lighten my own mood because this is one of the saddest things I've heard in a long, long time.

The death of Junilah, born on April 10, was the third time in recent months that babies in the city had been fatally thrown from a window of their own home.

Why people to do such things?

Those poor children.

RIP bubbas x
edit on 15-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The death of Junilah, born on April 10, was the third time in recent months that babies in the city had been fatally thrown from a window of their own home.

WTF man?

I want to hate people that do this kind of thing, but they've got to be insane so instead I'll try to go for pity.

Poor little thing. I feel terrible for all the people that were witnesses to that too.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow just wonder what I'll read about tomorrow?

Seriously what the hell has gone wrong in this country? And when will we all own up to it and for once do something about it?
Even if it means taking on our leaders, controllers and government. Why not? It's the root!

edit on 10/15/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Its hard to remember that by pretty much every metric the world is in fact becoming a safer, better place.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There is an epidemic increase in psychological disorders in this world anymore.

And this mom is no different. I am sad for her. She will be committed to help sort out those deamons.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Capital Punishment? A full on lobotomy for scientific research? An exorcism?

Sterilisation..

Having a child is a privilege not a burden.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There is a very well known psychiatric disease, called Postpartum Psychosis/depression. It has synptoms of hallucinations, depression and thoughts of hurting the baby. I think this is the case here. Sad the mother was not spotted by doctors and could have been treated.
edit on 15/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

Sterilisation..

This type of scum runs rampant where I live.

Execution for this creature and sterilization for all please. Enough of my paycheck is taken from me for the children they don't love.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

originally posted by: muSSang

Sterilisation..

This type of scum runs rampant where I live.

Execution for this creature and sterilization for all please. Enough of my paycheck is taken from me for the children they don't love.

You find the solution of 'executing the creature and sterilization for all'' normal? Think about it for a second, what you have written.

Most probably this lady is mentally sick. Sick people should be cared for and cured, not executed. Its very sad that a child lost her life, but with proper medical care and vigilance in the future, we should try to prevent repetitions of such situations.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

That may work in your pr world, but where I live, child abuse, and, this extreme form of it, isn't news.

You think of that, for more of a second.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Sterilization might make sense, but extermination is retarded. If she's ill enough to kill her baby due to psychosis then she has no reason to be a mother in the future. Something is too far off. Extermination? There's not much reason in that. She's ill. She needs help.
edit on 15-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Help at who's cost? Help this scum into the earth.

Good riddance.

Irresponsible parenting. We should all undergo some form of evaluation before bringing another life into this world.

I'm from the Bronx my friend. I see unfit parents and their bullsh!t often.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That may work in your pr world, but where I live, child abuse, and, this extreme form of it, isn't news.

You think of that, for more of a second.

You calling for sterilization and execution makes you no different from the child abusers and murderers. That is not the way to solve problems in the modern day world, in the dark ages maybe.

My pr world, by the way is not so special. I just support the present laws, and luckily the law has taken hold and she is in a mental institution where she belongs.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

You seem incapable of empathizing. Post partum psychosis is not capable of being irresponsible parenting. She is ill. Do you realize this involves a lack of insight?

This is what happens when people are so broken that they feel the only loving way to help their baby is to end their life. It's not rational, but a self preservation instinct which comes out during extreme stress to some individuals. She needs support to get well, and yes society should help those most in need. This is a genuine need.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

And thanks to people like yourself, people like this beast are free to roam our neighborhoods.

Again, I live amongst the type that have children to gain benefits from the city, not because two adults got together, fell in love and later decided that a child was their next step in their journey together.

Perhaps in Mr. Rodger's neighborhood, but not in the Bronx.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

See my reply above.
edit on 15-10-2015 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

And thanks to people like yourself, people like this beast are free to roam our neighborhoods.

What? When did I say she should be free, civilized laws exists, due to which she will either receive medical treatment at a mental facility or will be in prison.

Just that sterilization and executions are barbaric and hopefully will be seen in the future as we see burning at the stake nowadays. In essence they are the same.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

You seem incapable of empathizing. Post partum psychosis is not capable of being irresponsible parenting. She is ill. Do you realize this involves a lack of insight?

This is what happens when people are so broken that they feel the only loving way to help their baby is to end their life. It's not rational, but a self preservation instinct which comes out during extreme stress to some individuals. She needs support to get well, and yes society should help those most in need. This is a genuine need.

Great to see rational and humane people still exist. True, there is no insight in this disease and the suffering is extreme.

Only thing that these incidents prove is that healthcare must be improved, rather than going on an execution spree.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think also that the vast insensitivity in society expressed today when concerning persons with mental illness, breeds this ideology that the flawed and sick individuals should be exterminated ??!!

Then it leaves me to wonder, where does it stop? And is the individuals making these decisions to exterminate the sick, are they any better?

No they are not.

Thats what they did in Nazi Germany and old school Russia.

edit on 16-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Thats what they did in Nazi Germany and old school Russia.

I have to agree here. Murders of others at the hands of the mentally ill usually don't generate much sympathy from the public, just knee-jerk shrieks of "Kill it! Kill it NOW!" If the mentally retarded (mentally handicapped/special needs/whatever the PC term is now) get sympathy & people calling for thorough help after deaths of others (accidental or otherwise) instead of unified calls for the death penalty, then why don't the mentally ill get the same sympathy?

I get the feeling Mikeone would rather wipe classes of people out than explain why society is two-faced with different mental problems.
edit on 10/16/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join