It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No permanent record?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was reading "Stupid White Men" and in one of the chapter's Mr. Moore says there is no permanent record. I know's pretty good at giving out skewed facts, so I came here to see if this was true, and if it is, then why have kids been threaten since elementary to behave because if they don't it will go on their "permanent record". Thanks.

Note: This topic is not about Michael Moore, so I would appreciate it if no debate about him is brought up.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do believe there is some form of permenant record, because when you apply for jobs which require a security clearance you undergo a background check which covers basically every record kept on you, at leats if your going for TS/SCI clearance. The records might not be available to any organization out there, it seems to be something only goverment agencies can obtain.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
is this thread an allusion to all histories and thier ulitmate inabilty to preserve events and the context there of?

just a quick thought, anyways im sure there is a record to accompany dna and fingerprint on a majority of humans. it only would cost money.

edit:

just so im less confusing... then the permanent record is only good for the length of the civ that uses it.

[edit on 1/2/2005 by baaronhaile]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There is no permenant record in the sense that the schools shove on children. It's not this big bad report that lists everything from the color of your shoes on the first day of school to your latest breakup.

I've seen a few of hte permenant records, and they're mostly copies of birth records, shot records, old report cards, anything you got into major trouble for (setting off firecrackers on 3 different occasions), stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

I've seen a few of hte permenant records, and they're mostly copies of birth records, shot records, old report cards, anything you got into major trouble for (setting off firecrackers on 3 different occasions), stuff like that.

Ya, same here. In Canada they apparently toss them 5 years after you graduate and you can at any time view them up to that point (even while in school.)
It's interesting looking at the stuff they keep on you.

new topics

top topics

join