It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might be it! WW3 is coming...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
China does not own international waters. Can Japan, Taiwan, et al stand up to China? I doubt it. So who do they ask for help?

It's really not as simple as you're tying to make with your hate the west goggles on.

Funny...
Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Japan all have spots designated as 'theirs' in the Spratly Islands chain. They have all attempted to claim EEZ's around them.

Yet, that never seems to get mentioned. I wonder why?

The only time the 'good guys' squawk is when the 'bad guy' doing something. Not a peep when it is their personal play pals doing it.
It is precisely as simple as Intrptr is stating it.

quoted for truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: flyandi

So China is building these artificial islands in the Pacific and claim now full ownership of everything in the area. Well that doesn't sit very well with the surrounding countries including the US.

US isn't a "surrounding country" there, sport. Thats part of the problem.

Its their turf over there, sooner the Cretins in the West realize they don't own the world, the better for everyone. If war starts it will be because they finally had enough, over there.

China does not own international waters. Can Japan, Taiwan, et al stand up to China? I doubt it. So who do they ask for help?

It's really not as simple as you're tying to make with your hate the west goggles on.

Why are we so barbaric that the leaders of China, Japan and Taiwan can't all sit down over a nice meal and sort this out diplomatically?

There must be a scenario where China gets what it wants (no foreign military presence) and in return provides favors to Japan and Taiwan that make everyone feel like they came out ahead.

Do we really need to start WW3 over stupid land claims?

edit on 15-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

A civilised World would learn from history, but it appears those at the top are blinkered. Is this because WWII is just a mere memory for those that lived in those times? Or could it be because we have the same dark forces behind it all?

Those at the top are anything but blinkered. There is an egregious fallacy propagated by those in power that population increase is unsustainable, but they forget, always, to add the codicil, which is this: It is unsustainable as long as they consider resources to be a "for profit" endeavour. That is the fallacy you see, and they propose that population reduction is the only remedy.

So war and the resultant chaos, disease, depression, crime and poverty (vicious circle) on a massive scale is really the only solution they are willing to accept. Rather than resolving the issues of resource production and provision, they choose to subject the world to a living hell, all in the name of profit.

So no, I do not believe they are blinkered, quite the opposite in fact, they see their objectives with absolute clarity.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

History does repeat itself, only the bombs are much bigger now.

Obviously we haven't learnt anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

WW3 has already begun. People just don't see it yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Rumors and rumors and rumors of war can I get better now what is that for
And more
Rumors and rumors and rumors of war killers just killing now what they kill for
And more
Rumors and rumors and rumors of war can I get better now what is that for
And more
Rumors and rumors and rumors of war

Even it doesn't directly affect us in terms of "running for your life", I still believe it will have a tremendous amount of influence how we go by our daily lives.

And we'll have a great impact on things if we would choose not to obey.
I guess most people will just follow orders again, but some won't. History tends to repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ismynameimportant

If's and butts

Its all fearmongering.

Get on with your lifes and do what you can to be productive.

If it happens then you can say "I told You so".
But I fear that will be to late.

You are right it's If's and But's but not fear mongering. We still can be critical of current processes and don't have to take them for granted and can play our own scenarios. A healthy discussion is never wrong - that's the exact thing that so many countries and people are missing.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

THE CHINA SEA?

Well...uhm, how about redefining it to 'The Eastern International Sea' instead?

Reminds me of the sinister pot-selling Dutch. They stole their land mostly from ehm... the Duchy of Saxony and the English Crown! Those lands were former international waters in the lower Northsea/ The Channel and full of precious trade-routes as well!

Damnd Frisian dam-builders...

edit on 15-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

I think it's interesting you think the Chinese would fire on the us causing multiple casualties and the us would return fire from that boat and destroy some Chinese infrastructure... I'm pretty sure if china is going to fire on a us boat, it's going to sink it.

They have had enough of US meddling in what they see as their waters, this was their warning not to continue intruding on what they (china) views as their waters.

Except the Japanese and Taiwanese don't necessarily see it that way.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
imho...
those Pacific islands are a sideshow. Russia is in Syria and now hundreds of Iranian troops are pouring in.
www.smh.com.au...

Russia + Iran vs our proxies.
Meanwhile Israel has stated it won't allow Iran to get the nukey boom boom. just to add fuel to the fire, guess where they just discovered a major oil deposit? Yup, Israel.
www.foxnews.com...

stuffs about to get real people

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If China fires on on the US you can bet your ass the US will renege on the outstanding debts. That would probably be the most expensive shot in the history of the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Artificial Islands and an EEZ do NOT create sovereign territory. Something China fails to understand(UNCLOS). The US actions are covered under UNCLOS when it comes to freedom of navigation on Sea and in Air.

If China decides to get froggy with their military they will be violating the UN Charter, UNCLOS and international law. Any military action will work against China since they have nothing to support their action. All they will have is a VETO and that veto doesnt cancel out Chapter VII article 51 of the UN charter.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Scenario 4:

USA sails fleet into "claimed" Chinese territory. China buzzes there ships but doesn't fire on them then fly home. US ships sails safely through.
China propaganda claims they saw the evil western imperialists off. USA claims it passed safely through intentional waters.

Nothing happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Here is the problem China is going to run into. They have already stated on their national media they wont allow foreign assets within 12 miles of their sovereign territory, referring to the islands. How does the Chinese government explain that they did something other than what they stated they would do?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Artificial Islands and an EEZ do NOT create sovereign territory. Something China fails to understand(UNCLOS). The US actions are covered under UNCLOS when it comes to freedom of navigation on Sea and in Air.

If China decides to get froggy with their military they will be violating the UN Charter, UNCLOS and international law. Any military action will work against China since they have nothing to support their action. All they will have is a VETO and that veto doesnt cancel out Chapter VII article 51 of the UN charter.

The problem with that is that we'd be relying on the UN to do something about it. This was like Obama making the confident statement that the UN Sec. Council would stop Russia from attacking Georgia ... How? Russia is one of the members of the that council ... same as China.

All the UN would be good for is issuing a strongly worded letter.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They don't. No allowance and thus the buzzing. The cherry on that pie of story might sound like "the glorious Chinese mil. tested new weapon-systems and ran a military drill, in which all simulated attacks hit their targets and sunk the whole fleet". Blabla, end of story.

Never let a good propaganda-moment go to waste!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Well, we still have international laws giving NO country the right to take over and declare a part of the world their own that was agreed to be shared.

Say that to Israel.
Israel must be a: "NO country".

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If nukes start flying I hope I am at ground zero of the first one and know nothing is coming. Just wont know what happened!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The opening moves in WWIII, if that is coming, and of course, it's always coming since the next great war will go by that moniker, would be what is happening in Syria and the Islands of the South China Sea. China is protecting it's flanks in both cases in anticipation of US pressure as it tries to emerge as the next super power and accurately assess that the US will try to prevent a break out that leads to global military and economic domination by China. It is defense in depth and the US is engaging on both fronts. The greatest potential for going hot is where the Chinese hegemony as represented by Russia, Iran, and Pakistan is coming onto direct conflict with western objectives, such as the control of oil, natural gas, and proxy control of Europe, Turkey, Egypt. Syria is the key so how the domino's fall there determine the immediate dimensions of the conflict.
We have constructed a bear trap for Russia to step into as there is no path to a win but large economic costs to stabilizing a hostile middle east, as we know only too well. The next chapter could begin with Egypt, Europe, or Turkey swinging away from American control either by losing the dollar as the fiat currency or by the radical islamization of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkey, or Egypt.
edit on 15-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
But, but.... in scenario 3 you chose Russia as an agressor. But why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join