It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders 1st democratic debate highlights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There have been some threads on here as to who won the debate and who the media is saying won the debate against what polls say but you can decide for yourself if you missed it, below is the full debate as well as sanders' highlights

Highlights

Full debate

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

What did you think about it, OP?
Let's hear your angle and perspective - since you mentioned Bernie in your title, I guess you have an opinion on him; right?

I thought he did very well, though a little stiff at first. Hillary did a good job, better than I'd expected, but that's due, of course, to her experience doing "debates."

Webb was a strange cat, indeed. O'Malley did well, but Chaffee, well, I just felt sorry for Chaffee.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Webb was a strange cat, indeed. O'Malley did well, but Chaffee, well, I just felt sorry for Chaffee.

Yeah, the whole 'My daddy just died and I was new' line went over like a lead balloon.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well this was the first time I've seen Hillary talk about her policies and it seems just from the few things that were mentioned from her position changes, I gather that she doesn't really hold a true belief in something or what's good for Americans. Sure she said she changed her opinions because of taking in new information but it clearly seemed to me that she followed what people thought she should have her opinion in or changed her opinions if it could favor her. The trading she changed, other things as well. When talking about breaking up the banks or whatever and Wall Street, I mean she literally said how before the crash happened that she went there and told them to knock it off. obviously meaningless, going and saying to knock it off.. Again this is my opinion and everyone has the right to criticize me but Bernie looks to be the only one who knows what's going on with rich in this country, how the game is rigged to keep the average person poor, and how they control everything. Everyone but him is backed by corporate money and he's the only one that I believe is for Americans they way a president should be, not for the rich who pays you
edit on 15-10-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Again this is my opinion and everyone has the right to criticize me but Bernie looks to be the only one who knows what's going on with rich in this country, how the game is rigged to people the average person poor, how they control everything. Everyone but him is backed by corporate money and he's the only one that I believe is for Americans they way a president should be, not for the rich who pays you

And I share that opinion.

Bernie is THE MAN. As for Hillary, remember she is being bought, fed, and watered by the rich.

She is the Heir to the Dynastic Empire - and will do whatever and say whatever they tell her to.

Have you donated to Bernie?
I pledged $27 dollars a few weeks ago.
That's all I could afford.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I mean I sympathize with the man, grief is a horrible thing and takes it's toll on your body and mind however, that was really bad prepping for a debate and he should have known that his voting record on anything could have been brought up and had a better answer ready.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I found it odd when they asked the focus group who they sided with the most on the debate, and pretty much all of them raised their hand for Bernie Sanders. I think that showed how much Sanders stance on the issues connects with most people. I think the media and the democratic party is pushing for Clinton.

Clinton carried herself well, but everyone has to remember she was once an attorney! She's has a lot of experience making her case and debating. Why wouldn't she come off confident, prepared and at ease? That doesn't mean everyone agrees with her on the issues.

As for the press saying Bernie gave points to Clinton because of his remark on her e-mails, isn't what I or probably his supporters feel. I personally feel Bernie is honest, sincere and solid on his convictions. He even said "this isn't probably politically correct" before he made the statement about her e-mails. He wants people to focus on the issues that affects every American. I think it showed he doesn't play the political game like most politicians do.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I mean I sympathize with the man...

Same, but that was just an awful excuse for a person running for President of The United States.

I actually yelled at the television (they can hear you, by the way).

edit on 15-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because I shot his PBR keg to hell

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He must have gone deaf because I think the 15 million watching did the same.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

dynastic empire????.....her husband was president...that's it.....there isn't a "dynastic empire" of hillary's.....those are republican talking points trying to somehow equal out jeb bush following his brother George being president. Jeb's father was vice-president and president, and Prescott Sheldon Bush was a senator from Connecticut. and there was a relative of the walker family that sat on the supreme court, also, there was another relative who was a senator ....here's the Bush bio....
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-10-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

ok ok calm yourself......

Obviously the "Bushes" have an empire going....
the Cilntons are the "new kids on the dynastic block". If she gets in, then who's to say Chelsea (?? is that her name??) won't run next?

I actually liked Bill as POTUS. I've watched her career with objectivity. I had dismissed her as someone I would want as POTUS (that is, she was eliminated....I DO NOT want her as POTUS) . That hasn't changed, though my stance was a teeny bit softened by her "debate" performance.

I actually have no problem with her saying she "changed her mind" on a couple of things after LEARNING about them further. There are far too many adults who NEVER change their mind (let alone THINK about anything, or try to LEARN, and to see the other side)!! But people call it "flip-flopping" when it's a politician - or a "woman".

Honestly I think some of you (both male and female members) are so militant in your views and opinions that NO AMOUNT of information will EVER sway you from growth and accumulated knowledge. It's like you don't even try.
It's the antithesis of "denying ignorance."

bah.

edit on 10/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And you know what else? In reviewing the thread, I realize I was talking more about the Oligarchy - the Bushes and Clintons are PART of the Oligarchy (which I called a Dynasty).

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I watched a lot of highlights. Bernie definitely won the debate in my mind and came across as very sincere and presidential. Clinton came across well also, but she also appeared to be an establishment politician. She wasn't the same as she was in 2008, when, in my opinion, she came across as much more sincere and charismatic. I thought about voting for her in 2008, I have a lot more reservations about her now. The other three guys...forgettable is the word that comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Bernie definitely won the debate in my mind and came across as very sincere and presidential.

His authenticity is so ... obvious. Genuine. Honest. He's NOT JOKING or "Lying" or "Posing" as anything except who he is. He's my hero, at this moment in time.

Clinton came across well also, but she also appeared to be an establishment politician.

She did, yes come across well, but: like you say.....an establishment politician all the way. The "Senior" in the little fish-bowl, almost cavalier and mocking and yawning, as though she regarded it as a silly warm-up exercise. I could almost say she exudes a bit of "feminist superiority" too.

edit on 10/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What I like about Bernie is he actually has a plan on how to fund all of his policies. Those spouting the 20 trillion dollar rhetoric only need to listen to him answer questions.

Most of the candidates say I am going to do this or that and don't tell us how, which leads me to believe they haven't given it much thought and are just saying what they think the majority want to hear.

I want to believe in Bernie, and I have no faith in any of the other candidates, Republican or Democrat.

edit on 15-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join