It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ben Carson Suspends Campaign For Book Tour

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Well... wow. Carson has gained on Trump whom everyone suspects will begin to fall apart really soon and decides to stop... for a book tour. A book tour? I'm flabbergasted... lots of things come to mind.

“Why aren’t you taking Ben Carson’s presidential campaign seriously?” demanded the angry Carson fans, right before he announced he was putting all public campaign events on hold for a two-week book tour. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

Ego, money and publicity, why would anyone expect anything different?
edit on 15-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Yeah and judging by comments to this story at various places, it actually won't hurt him. Conservative voters seem to have no issue with this. Any candidate that I was supporting pulled something like this and that would be it for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There seems to be conflicting reports....

www.cnn.com...

and conflicting reports in a presidential campaign shows a total lack of awareness; Not good for a presidential candidate. People go "wtf" and lose confidence.

Apparently though that doesn't apply to Trump....He has become a religious figure with hard core devotees that would praise him if he ate children for brunch and fed their bones to the dogs in one of his Hotels.

www.trumphotelcollection.com...
edit on 15-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

Yeah and judging by comments to this story at various places, it actually won't hurt him. Conservative voters seem to have no issue with this. Any candidate that I was supporting pulled something like this and that would be it for me.

I agree, the presidency should take precedence over a book. This was probably a well orchestrated plan on his part. He wins financially even if he losses the presidency.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If the election was next month, I'd agree that it was a bad move. But it's a year away. So, meh. He'll campaign on his book tour, meet the actual voters and not pundits and make some money.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: PsychoEmperor

So his book is more important? A book that was already selling well?

Not sure if you're serious or just being silly... The First Vote to take place isn't till February 1, 2016, which is the Iowa Caucus, he's only taking a break till the next GOP Debate which is Oct. 28, 2015. His Book IS selling well, his number are also doing well, I don't see the big deal with this frankly. If Hillary Decided to take a two week vacation to Fiji, it wouldn't matter...

Oddly, I take it from your line of reasoning that you're not a big Carson supporter anyway, so you should be happy if he's not going to actively campaign for two weeks....

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Primaries begin in March.

Edit: PsychoEmperor is correct, it's February.
edit on 10/15/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I wonder which is correct? lol

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You're right, I really dislike Carson and am a huge supporter of Bernie but I promise you that if Bernie did this, I wouldn't be voting for him.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the election was next month, I'd agree that it was a bad move. But it's a year away. So, meh. He'll campaign on his book tour, meet the actual voters and not pundits and make some money.

Still on odd move though. He's gaining on Trump and is a fairly recent success story. Even though he still has time to re-enter the race again this is one of those moves that will be brought up and questioned and used against him regardless of whether or not he's got a good reason for it.

It honestly seems like a way to bow out to me. At least on face value. But we'll have to see I guess.

link   

You're right, I really dislike Carson and am a huge supporter of Bernie but I promise you that if Bernie did this, I wouldn't be voting for him.

Than you're an extremely fickle supporter, and I wouldn't want your type of support if I was running.

If you agree with Bernie's Policies, you should agree with them regardless of whether he takes a two week break
Especially from a campaign where the first vote isn't till months away... and he isn't missing any of the Debates.

link   
Bush has all the money.

I would never vote for him. I hope he's done.

But, I've seen this before. It takes a fortune for a Presidential Campaign.

Jeb has amassed that fortune...I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Than you're an extremely fickle supporter, and I wouldn't want your type of support if I was running.

If you agree with Bernie's Policies, you should agree with them regardless of whether he takes a two week break
Especially from a campaign where the first vote isn't till months away... and he isn't missing any of the Debates.

I think the point is that it makes you question what his priorities are. Does he want to be President of the United States or a Popular Author and Commentator???

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Fickle? Principled, I'd say. If it is indeed the case that's he's suspending his campaign that sends a message to me that he's not serious, that his personal gain matters more than what he thinks this country needs.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Primaries begin in March.

And he's still done twice as many debates as Hillary or Sanders.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Money before Leadership.

Seems normal to me for Mr.Carson.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Maybe they told him this was decided a long time ago.

Jeb is getting the nomination.

Now, how will they make Trump go away.

^^^This^^^

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Why would you not vote for Bernie Sanders if he wrote a book and took two weeks off from campaigning to promote it?
Why is that bad?

Maybe he would feel a book would get his message out to more people.

edit on 15-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That isn't up to the candidates but their party's.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Why would you not vote for Bernie Sanders if he wrote a book and took two weeks off from campaigning to promote it?
Why is that bad?

Maybe he would feel a book would get his message out to more people.

Because it makes you wonder whether or not "He's in it to win it." You're talking about becoming the Leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth. So is he focusing on becoming that leader or is he focusing on his personal success and promoting his book success??? One of those impacts the lives of millions of people, the other effects him only.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join