It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Blitzers brutal interview with Lincoln Chafee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I get that Lincoln Chafee will not make it, but its up to him when to drop out and not be bullied into it by Wolf Blitzer. Maybe TW's donations to Hillary Clinton led Wolf into this painful interview? And there's a thread about CNN deleting Bernie Sanders supporters threads-and this interview. CNN really wants Clinton to win huh. The interview is about 5 minutes long but every word it seems that comes out of Blitzer's mouth is just brutal.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That was painful

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
CNN = Clinton News Network

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that Wolf Blitzer is an irrelevant, self-important brainless d-bag? Well if it wasn't before, it certainly is now. He seems to have a personal vendetta against that seemingly lovable lummox Lincoln Chafee. I'll admit, Chafee did not do well the other night and did himself no favors whenever he spoke, but Blitzer's onslaught was uncalled for and moreover just plain bizarre. Painfully obvious given the dialogue driven by the left that Clinton is the one they want. Sanders did better than her yet afterward all the talking heads seemed to ignore reality and push their spoon-fed narrative that "Clinton won the debate by a mile".

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

CNN has been catching all sorts of flack for being "pro-Hillary" starting from a day or two before the debate which makes me wonder how many people actually watched the debate?

For those who don't want to watch the video, first question to Clinton (transcript):

Secretary Clinton, I want to start with you. Plenty of politicians evolve on issues, but even some Democrats believe you change your positions based on political expediency.

You were against same-sex marriage. Now you're for it. You defended President Obama's immigration policies. Now you say they're too harsh. You supported his trade deal dozen of times. You even called it the "gold standard". Now, suddenly, last week, you're against it.

Will you say anything to get elected?

My wife and I were having our own debate during the debate. She felt that the questions asked of Clinton, particularly at the beginning, were unfairly critical compared to those asked of the other candidates. My own view is that the best questions to ask at these things are those of the "gotcha" variety. I will say that the moderation tended to favor giving far more speaking time to Clinton and Sanders and to a lesser degree O'Malley but that's pretty much what everyone expected isn't it? I felt a little bad for Webb but he wasn't helping his cause by prefacing every response with a complaint about equal time for the first half of the debate though by the end, he'd caught on to how its done and just kept talking beyond his allotted time like Clinton, Sanders and O'Malley.

Back to the Wolf Blitzer interview; Wolf Blitzer is old school and he doesn't tend to pull punches in his interviews.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Chafee is great I don't care what anyone says...

Maybe next time though, his inexperience on such a stage showed, even though his answer were good (minus one) he was nervous.

But a lovely fella it seemed.

They may as well have just had Hillary & Bernie on stage, they had about 3 hours 45 minutes of the allotted 4 hour debate between them.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This and other sites say it averaged around 15.3 million viewers.
www.latimes.com... e/cotown/la-et-ct-cnn-ratings-debate-20151014-story.html

They really did give a vast majority of the time between Clinton and Sanders.

new topics

top topics

join