It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TS/Secret News Leak Regarding US GOV'T Drone Program

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Appearing today on Drudge Report, as the headline in bright red "NEW SNOWDEN LEAKING DRONE PROGRAM" with a link to theintercept.com... In it, there appears to be links to TS/SCI and Secret government documents (breach of natn'l security?) detailing the governmental kill lists as well as drone assassination details.

The Intercept has obtained a cache of secret documents detailing the inner workings of the U.S. military’s assassination program in Afghanistan, Yemen, and Somalia. The documents, provided by a whistleblower, offer an unprecedented glimpse into Obama’s drone wars.

I've taken a brief glimpse into the assassination portion of the page and found it to be filled with information both chilling and detailed (and surprisingly correct, due to my knowledge relating to military actions). I suggest if you've got an itch to learn about drone dealings with the military and government as a whole, you should read this ... this entire website pretty much

There are eight sections of interest on this subsite:
The Drone Papers

01. The Assassination Complex
02. A Visual Glossary
03. The Kill Chain
04. Find, Fix, Finish
05. Manhunting in the Hindu Kush
06. Firing Blind
07. The Life and Death of Objective Peckham
08. Target Africa

::ETA:: If you are on a government computer, it is illegal for you to view any classified documents you are not directly approved to view by your command structure. Be warned!
edit on 15-10-2015 by kingofyo1 because: TS/SEC info

edit on 15-10-2015 by kingofyo1 because: added sections

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thats what Kennedy meant in his speech about secret societies, "guerrillas by night instead of armies by day".

Drones give a whole new meaning to CIA covert infiltration and assassination.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Awesome find, kind of scary to say the least. If y'all don't see me on here in the next few days it's because they came and got me..

Makes me wonder, does Snowden have a "under cover" team assisting him? He's done quite a bit "by himself"

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Awesome find, kind of scary to say the least. If y'all don't see me on here in the next few days it's because they came and got me..

Makes me wonder, does Snowden have a "under cover" team assisting him? He's done quite a bit "by himself"

Interesting thought, but what I'm wondering is if its really snowden doing the whistleblowing from wherever he's at currently, or if this was part of the cabals that he previously sent to wikileaks and they just havent been released until now for whatever reason? A third option is if snowden is not the one who released it, and theres another party in on the info??

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

One more thing to add to the list of international war crimes.

How can a government that follows no laws expect it's citizens to be lawful? The current lawlessness of the citizenry is a direct reflection of our leaders lawlessness.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Personally I think the Snowden revelations relate to the arrogance and incompetence of our leaders. Do to the arrogance and incompetence of leadership I find it plausible that one man could do this much damage.

If anything, I imagine that some outside source might have directed him pertaining to what to look for, but that he could very well have done all the looking himself.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I agree with you, I don't find it realistic that one man could make so much of this known, all by themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't agree with Snowden leaking this. Honesty, at times I wonder if the government is leaking stuff just to blame it on Snowden and destroy his credibility. It was a very good thing that he released documents showing massive civil rights violations.

Releasing information on military targets that aren't a matter of civil importance is something else entirely. Unless there are people on the kill list that are American citizens or just problematic politicians of other nations rather than true military targets.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Honestly, there could be targets undeserving of being on the kill list, but I honestly dont think we'll ever know! Hell it was a leap for us to ever see the kill chain. Yeah, most of us knew that drones did bombings these days, and that they've had their hands in assassinations as well as many other things where it comes to terrorists. I honestly doubt Snowden had anything to do with this. It doesnt seem like his material at all, due to the fact that what he released was more for the people not to take down a government or to hurt the government. Releasing slides marked Secret/NS/NoForn to public that details parts of intelligence gathering methods is a highly screwed up way of doing things IMO

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73a reply to: kingofyo1

One more thing to add to the list of international war crimes.

How can a government that follows no laws expect it's citizens to be lawful? The current lawlessness of the citizenry is a direct reflection of our leaders lawlessness.

Because it is all part of the plan. The citizens have already conceded. They will do nothing to stop their governments, and their governments know it, so they are free to do whatever they want. Hell, they know they will even vote them back into their cushy government positions, so they keep doing what they are doing.

We on the other hand, are content we have done our part when we post our indignation or complaints around the boards. What else can we do? We are only one person. We have families, jobs and responsibilities.

I have made this request before; If you can't lead, if you can't provide support, at least stand firm, and don't help chop off the heads of the people that are willing to fight for change. When the crab can't get out of the basket because another crab keeps pulling it back, they all end up in the pot.

In the meantime, back at the ranch ........

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Keep in mind the source for these documents are currently unknown. In other words, no one is sure if it's Ed Snowden or a new leaker.

From Democracy Now!

AMY GOODMAN: That’s The Intercept's Jeremy Scahill. The documents were leaked to The Intercept by an unnamed U.S. intelligence source.

Also a quote from of Jeremy Scahill of The Intercept:

JEREMY SCAHILL: But the fact that this is the first time that primary source documents have been published that detail the chain of command for assassinating people around the globe. The banality of the bureaucracy of assassination is so clear in these documents—the cold corporate words that they use to describe killing people. The "basics of manhunting" is one of the terms that they use. The "tyranny of distance" is another term that they use. "Arab features," you know, to describe people that they’re looking at from thousands of feet above. The corporate coldness of the way that these documents reflect what is actually a process of systematically hunting down and assassinating human beings should send chills through the spine of people who care about democracy in this society.

Great find kingofyo1!
edit on 17-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Undeserving targets should be published but complete kill lists should not. Only those instances where a person who shouldn't be on such a list is on one.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
None of this surprises me *shrug*...in fact, I thought they had more capabilities than what was leaked. They probably do, but those technologies are reserved for extra special people/targets. Even the POTUS is on a "need to know" basis about what those technologies can do.

And quite frankly, he probably doesn't need or want to know. . .
edit on 17-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is some pretty damning stuff. Both what's happening and what they're willfully hiding from the public.

Exp ose Facts

Among the findings derived from the documents, which Post and Times readers have been deprived of: While drones do kill some of their intended targets, they kill far more non-targeted people who happen to be in the vicinity of the drone strike (or who happen to be using the cell phone or computer of someone who was targeted). In one major special operations program in northeastern Afghanistan called Operation Haymaker (the only finding The Times mentioned in its two paragraphs), 35 individuals targeted for assassination were actually killed in drone strikes, but 219 other non-targeted individuals were also killed.

top topics

join