It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my God.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Does not tell me who to hate and who to love.

Neither does our CREATOR. Because you are a manifestation of the CREATOR you have all information inside you. You don't believe because you may still be asleep or distracted and you just have to remember what you are and why you're here. On behalf of every ONE, I send you LOVE.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Lysergic

Wow, most original reply ever!

YOU loved it.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

John 8
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

Hmmmm.... Is Jesus the Son or sun?
edit on 10/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Love the idea of this. I'm far from a religious person. Been through too much in such a short time to believe in an almighty "invisible being that loves us all" when there's wars, famines, cancers, etc. But the idea of the Sun being our God isn't new.

Pre-bible faiths included many gods. God of the sun, moon, earth, ground, trees, wind, sea and so on. So I do believe there is something more believable to that (mother nature) than an almighty God.

originally posted by: donktheclown

Does not tell me who to hate and who to love.

Neither does our CREATOR. Because you are a manifestation of the CREATOR you have all information inside you. You don't believe because you may still be asleep or distracted and you just have to remember what you are and why you're here. On behalf of every ONE, I send you LOVE.

Your God has been at the center of great wars, mass genicide, loving people so much that "he/she" gives them some terrifying diseases, and a whole list of other, terrible things.

I'm on a line of religion or not. Could be swung either way. But it won't be about what people tell me, but what I chose to believe.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

for some reason i do not trust the sun god, Ra is it? Anything that that mirrors world religion wether ancient or current rubs me the wrong way. I do give kudos to the life it provides, but will never worship it, it more my buddy than a god

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If The Sun is God, then what is the The Galaxy? Didn't The Light and warmth of The Galaxy create The Sun? Didn't The Light of the entire Universe create The Galaxy (Big Bang - "Let There Be Light")?

Light formed all things...

Light ->
Big Bang (Expansion/Light Shines) ->
Galaxies -> Stars -> Planets ->
Humans -> Organs ->
Muscles -> Cells -> Atoms ->
Energy/Light

Yet All things are within Light

Energy/Light within Atoms,
Atoms within Cells,
Cells within Muscles,
Organs within Humans,
Humans and Planets and Stars within Galaxies,
Galaxies within The Light of The Universe.
edit on 15-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Welcome to ATS!!!
Glad to have you aboard. Excellent post.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

If The Sun is God, then what is the The Galaxy? Didn't The Light and warmth of alaxy create The Sun? Didn't The Light of the entire Universe create The Galaxy (Big Bang - "Let There Be Light")?

Light formed all things...

Light ->
Big Bang (Expansion/Light Shines) ->
Galaxies -> Stars -> Planets ->
Humans -> Organs ->
Muscles -> Cells -> Atoms ->
Energy/Light

Yet All things are within Light

Energy/Light within Atoms,
Atoms within Cells,
Cells within Muscles,
Organs within Humans,
Humans and Planets and Stars within Galaxies,
Galaxies within The Light of The Universe.

That's pretty far out, I like it!

However what caused the light in the 1st place?
And is the universe really light? I tend to think it is only light due to having stars and similar celestial bodies.

I guess if you could look at the universe from after it would look light, but where would you be if you were looking from afar?

I guess I'm saying I've always assumed the universe is dark and cold, with zillions of tiny bright things within it.

Woah...

I'll get my coat.
edit on 15/10/15 by OpenEars123 because: Cosmic headache

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

a reply to: chadderson

Not to mention that the sun will die in the future and fade away .

And it will only do so after taking anything left alive on this planet with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Let me sum up this whole thread ...

But if you like to pray to the sun for your deliverance. I wish you much luck with that. I am sure he is strong in the sky.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

if we r doing this here you go

this scene reminds me of my grandpa(papa) gave me my first pocket knife when i was six and told me always carry a knife with you... it can be used for anything.

i have ever since. and learn more and more uses everyday.

i miss my grandpa, he always had a joke, a story and scotch. he taught me things no one even tried(including my parents) all before his death when i was 12. sorry for getting all sentimenta(the beers started poring early today) on this thread, but i may as well tell his story(short version) he grewup in georgia hunting and fishing by age 6 to put food on the table, found a town baseball team to play on, and got recruited to the minor leagues when he was a teenager, he was a left handed(knuckle baller) and threw side armed, a few years into to his baseball carrer ww2 began and he joined the marines and served in the pacific, he then met my grandma(who was also a marine) and when his tour was over got out and moved to california had a familey and became a foreman at one of the biggest lumber mills in america. I wish i knew him longer.
edit on 15-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

edit on 15-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You are so bright your father probably called you SUN.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

We were created to worship the creator...

A megalomaniac, essentially.

people would rather worship the creation.

Admiration for a beautiful Universe. Real things we actually experience.

And people wonder why we have plagues.

So God causes plagues because we refuse to worship him. Sounds like a malevolent megalomaniac.

I welcome the coming darkness so that men might one day see again.

You share his taste for violence. Two peas in a pod you two are.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
My God made your god.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We need a God battle royal/hunger games!

Put the plethora of gods that we've pulled out of our butts on a planet/island/solar system/god ring and let them duke it out for supreme lordship of reality and everything in between!

Would make a decent sci-fi channel movie.......Godnado!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

I guess I'm saying I've always assumed the universe is dark and cold, with zillions of tiny bright things within it.

Darkness and Light is similar to ice and water. It's the same thing, but darkness is very dim Light, like ice is very solid water. That's why scientists can bring Light from the void (Light Brought From Void - Science News.org ).

Saying the only Light in The Universe are The Stars and that The Universe is darkness, is like saying the only H2O in the ocean are the icebergs and not the water.
edit on 16-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally pthereed by: arpgme
a reply to: OpenEars123

Darkness and Light is similar to ice and water. It's the same thing, but darkness is very dim Light, like ice is very solid water. That's why scientists can bring Light from the void (Light Brought From Void - Science News.org ).

Saying the only Light in The Universe are The Stars and that The Universe is darkness, is like saying the only H2O in the ocean are the icebergs and not the water.

Got it, I forgot there are more than 4 states to matter. I haven't been to school in a while!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join