It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo crashes throughout history

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The crash at Roswell New Mexico isn't the only supposed ufo crash that's alleged to have happened. In 1897 a news story from the town of Aurora, Texas told of an apparent ufo that had crashed and that a pilot "not of this world" was recovered and was buried in the towns cemetery. The headstone that was said to have been placed was later stolen and attempts of digging for a body are said to have been suppressed.

ufos.about.com...

---

Another famous case involving a supposed ufo crash happened in 1996 in Varginha, Brazil. Many individuals reported seeing a very strange being in the town, the first sighting of which came from three young girls that described seeing a creature kneeing and possibly injured that had dark brown skin with red oval eyes and being around three to four feet tall, believing to have witnessed the devil. A large amount of eye witnesses also came forward with reporting what they saw, including hospital workers and other witnesses that said very high military action was taking place at the hospital and where the being(s) where said to have been recovered or captured.

Varginha, Brazil

www.ufoevidence.org...

---

Of course the most famous case of a ufo crash thats well known was said to have taken place near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. Mac Brazel, the Foreman of the J. B. Foster Ranch discovered strange debris on the ranch when checking on his animals. After bringing some of it back and showing various people, he called the Chaves County Sheriff George Wilcox who upon hearing the description contacted the Roswell Army Air Field. Intelligence Officer of the 509th Bomb Group, Major Jesse Marcel was apart of the wreckage recovery that was then sent to Roswell Army Air Field. The Roswell Daily Record's news story on the 8th of July stated that the remains of a flying saucer was recovered from a ranch in the area. Major Jesse Marcel stated that the wreckage had been flown from New Mexico to a different headquarters and Commander of the 509th Bomb Group, Colonel William Blanchard issued a press release stating that the wreckage of a crashed disk had been recovered. Mere hours later a second press release was made by the Commander of the Eighth Air Force at the Ft. Worth Army Air Field in Ft. Worth, Texas, General Roger Ramey. It stated that a disk hadn't been found and that the officers of the 509th Bomb Group had actually misidentified the remains of a weather ballon and it's reflector.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Roswell, New Mexico

edit on 15-10-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

It goes much further back than that:

“A strange event in our own times, which is widely known but none the less a cause of wonder, provides proof of the existence of an upper sea overhead. It occurred on a feast day in Britain, while the people were struggling out of their parish church after hearing high mass. The day was very overcast and quite dark on account of the thick clouds. To the people’s amazement, a ship’s anchor was seen caught on a tombstone within the churchyard walls, with its rope stretching up and hanging in the air. They were advancing various opinions on the matter to each other, when after a time they saw the rope move as if it were being worked to pull up the anchor. Since, being caught fast, it would not give way, a sound was heard in the humid air as of sailors struggling to recover the anchor they had cast down.”

Soon, when their efforts proved vain, the sailors sent one of their number down; using the same technique as our sailors here below, he gripped the anchor-rope and climbed down it, swinging one hand over the other. He had already pulled the anchor free, when he was seized by the bystanders. He then expired in the hands of his captors, suffocated by the humidity of our dense air as if he were drowning at sea. The sailors up above wasted an hour, but then, concluding that their companion had drowned, they cut the rope and sailed away, leaving the anchor behind. And so in memory of this event it was fittingly decided that that anchor should be used to make ironwork for the church door, and it is still there for all to see.”

Gervase of Tilbury, 12th Century

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nice. I was gonna put a case from near the Indian ocean but idk I figured people would complain that's it's so old and is only tales passed down, I did a I recent post on ufo depictions in medieval paintings

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have never heard of the Brazil case!! Is there any more info on that about?

It sounds amazing. I am sure it wasn't for those who witnessed it though. I have always been interested in the stories where beings are seen walking around away from their crafts etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wow! I live about 20 minutes from Tilbury and had never heard that story. I may have to go look at the door one day!
edit on 15-10-2015 by brace22 because: Mis-read original comment

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

In that link I posted for the Brazil case it shows the main story as well more in detail info and several other links to other articles on the case about the many witness and what they saw or told to ufo investigators about the being(s) and military presence in the area

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I should have mentioned the video wasn't working for me
Sorry! And if I am honest I completely missed the link. Reading now!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Lol it's all good, oh and you could type that name to the video into youtube if it's still not working, it's not long but is still good

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Alas good friend.. Common sense has deserted me today.

Its my work computer. It struggles with video for some reason. I don't have admin privileges to make any changes! However I have read the link now
great stuff!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
ET really needs better driver testing. And I feel sorry for whatever galactic insurance company insure them

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

dont forget the crash site in iraq not too long ago.a soldier came forward to share his story,speaking of a liquid metal substance oozing from the craft.

or how about the infamous site in kecksburg,Penn,which turned that town into a civil war,dividing the town up into two sections of either "you believe it happened or you don't" groups.

there's also an alleged crash site in Antarctica

the crash site in mexico that american troops took back over into american soil

there's even a rumored crash site right on the moon.the ship is still "sitting" there.

the crash site in siberia,Russia

jackhead reservation in canada,also another cover up of crash site.

did you know there was a crash site in roswell few years before the 1947 incident happened? that one isnt so popular.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Dripper because: adding more info

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

No I haven't heard about that, and is the one in Russia your talking about the time in the early 1900s where a nuclear like explosion happened that is said to have been a meteor and how it flattened all trees in a massive area

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well something came down in Roswell for sure. As to what it was has been debated long and hard on here for years.

The Varghina case is much more difficult to verify anything of substance happened at all even though it is only 2 decades ago.

In between there have been a number of supposed cases of UFO crashes. Dripper has mentioned a handful of them. Here in Britain the Berwyn Mountains case from 1974 is still little known outside UFO circles.

However despite these stories they all amount to almost nothing in terms of hard evidence. Where is even the tiniest piece of memory metal from Roswell? No photo of the debris field has ever surfaced and the alien stories didn't begin until the 1980s. There is a paper trail (although incomplete) in the cases of Kecksburg and for Berwyn. But there is nothing that shows a crashed spaceship.

Now the USA may supposedly have the finest military crash retrieval team in the world, capable of not only arriving and cleaning up an area leaving no trace but also able to silence and frighten enough witnesses so the truth never gets out.

But they could do nothing when one of their Stealth Bombers goes down?

Can they do better when an alien spacecraft falls apart?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Indeed, evidence is lacking. The first formal investigation to evaluate the UFOs (then called "flying discs") was Project SIGN in 1948. At the time the Air Force had no idea what these objects were, or how to defend against them if they were a threat to national security. In a secret memorandum dated 23 September 1947, Gen. Nathan Twining stated that he believed the sightings represented a real (not imagined) phenomenon, but decried "the lack of physical evidence in the shape of crash recovered exhibits which would undeniably prove the existence of these objects."

In a secret letter to the Director of USAF Intelligence in November 1948, the Air Material Command chief of intelligence stated, "The possibility that the reported objects are vehicles from another planet has not been ignored. However, tangible evidence to support conclusions about such a possibility are completely lacking...The exact nature of these objects cannot be established until physical evidence, such as that which would result from a crash, has been obtained."

In 1953, Capt. Edward Ruppelt, head of Project BLUE BOOK, gave a secret briefing on UFOs to the senior leadership of Air Defense Command in which he stated that "there is no - and I want to emphasize and repeat the word no - evidence of this in any report the Air force has received...We have never picked up any hardware. By that I mean any pieces, parts, whole articles, or anything that would indicate an unknown material or object." During an earlier secret briefing in March 1948, a SIGN investigator stated, "I can't even tell you how much we would give to have one of those [disks] crash in an area so that we could recover whatever they are."

If such a thing as a dedicated UFO crash retrieval team existed, it would use every opportunity to gain real world experience while awaiting the eventuality of an extraterrestrial vehicle crashing on Earth. Unacknowledged "black" projects vehicles from Area 51 and Tonopah Test Range, for example, have crashed on public land in close proximity to populated areas. Security and recovery of debris was paramount in these cases, so they would have been good training opportunities.

I have seen no evidence that any single organization has been involved in "black" project crash recovery. More important, these highly sensitive crash sites have not been sanitized. Numerous and highly identifiable pieces remain at the scene. If debris from secret projects from Area 51 can be found today at crash sites that were supposedly "cleaned up," then the same should be true of any alleged UFO crash site.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Aurora case in Texas. Spaceship crashes on farm land. In 1897, fifty years before Roswell! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

no,a different crash site in russia.the infamous disc tooken standing upwards,the other half buried in the ground (as shown in the pic below).KGB supposively filmed it.below is a pic.the incident in 1900 i seldomly tend to believe it was a downed crash saucer that created that impact or had something to do with it.

.....and then there's the infamous crash site in Rendlesham forest in the UK,or great britian (labeled as the next roswell)
edit on 15-10-2015 by Dripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

of course there wouldn't be any debris lefted anywhere to recover.the military combed that area bone dry.they closed off the whole area so no civilian got in while they recovered all the pieces.im sure the military sent as many men as they could get their hands on to help pick up pieces scattered everywhere.

i hate to admit,you have a good point when you said "If debris from secret projects from Area 51 can be found today at crash sites that were supposedly "cleaned up," then the same should be true of any alleged UFO crash site".

know what,come to think about it,im stunned the area where the craft actually crashed hasn't been closed off the public since then.the military must be THAT confident that they did indeed pick up every single piece of that alien space craft so that absolutely nothing remained anywhere on the ground to the point that anybody in the world may have access to walk around,roam and drive on those very grounds.im even more stunned the government,not the military,didnt either rent or purchase that very land with a 5 miles radius simply because of what happened just in that area alone as even more alleged cover up.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

.....and then there's the infamous crash site in Rendlesham forest in the UK,or great britian (labeled as the next roswell)

Well erm that wasn't a crash exactly. In fact only one witness reported anything beyond strange lights.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
MUFON went to Aurora Texas and tried to obtain permission to exhume the grave and examine the remains. but were refused. Then they went back the next day and the grave was freshly dug up and everything covered over and the headstone missing.
Military/CIA got there first and removed the evidence. All of it. But they found one lady still alive when this happened, and she said it was the talk of the town for a long time, and they all knew it was a creature not from here.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
MUFON went to Aurora Texas and tried to obtain permission to exhume the grave and examine the remains. but were refused. Then they went back the next day and the grave was freshly dug up and everything covered over and the headstone missing.
Military/CIA got there first and removed the evidence. All of it. But they found one lady still alive when this happened, and she said it was the talk of the town for a long time, and they all knew it was a creature not from here.

Wasn't that on a "UFO Files" episode though? Lol.
I mean please...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join