It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Today you will be with me in paradise”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Everyone who dies after Christ ascended to heaven..... is immediately judged when they die. You will not be resting in your grave as if asleep.

Those spoke of in the Old Testament have not yet been judged but are still in their graves because they died before the Messiah's first appearance on earth. So the Old Testament speaks often of those in the grave..... a sleep. BUT something changed since those teachings of the Old Testament, what was it? The Messiah came, he fulfilled prophecy, he died on the cross and when dying a thief was told by Christ that he would be with him in paradise that very day. How can that be? Aren't we all to go to to the grave to wait for the resurrection? The human body resurrection......YES for some of us NOT ALL. But after Christ died and ascended to heaven and sat with the father on the throne ...... all power and authority has be given to the Lamb (Jesus) It will be he who judges you..... not the Father.

This is incorrect.Yahoshua said zero about the place you believe is heaven(some place out there) in those quotes he said paradise a completely different word meaning something different than you believe and are falsely propagating.The rest is pure conjecture assumed by your religious beliefs.

There is no such entity/being as a spirit.... it simply means breath of life(wind ).It is a metaphor to describe the act of living.There are no such beings or entities that are “spirits”.They are figments of the religious minds imagination formed in their image(imagination).

The (your) heavens is your mind..that is where you live (perceive by observation) your life.The soul is the life of the mind in action…YOU…You don’t “have“ a soul you ARE a soul that has life(spirit).

Yahoshua was simply stating to the thief on the cross ….you will be dead as I will be dead.There is no “place” somewhere out there you are going after death etc etc or any of the religious doctrines the thief believed or your believe…you will be DEAD.

Paradise(Greek=paradeisos) means garden…the ground…. the grave….the physicality of Hades the realm of death and imperception. Christianity has propped up this scenario as the redeemed sinner who repents and is saved from his sin from going to Hell whereYahoshua said no such thing.

The thief was trying a last ditch religious effort to curry some favor from Yahoshua where Yahoshua offered none but the facts of death.The perversion is Christianity will do anything to justify their religious doctrines of faith by exonerating themselves from “judgement” because that is their impetus of life(religion) …judging good and evil and proclaiming themselves righteous by “believing” doctrines of their religion to “pardon” them of guilt when the fact is NONE are ever pardoned from guilt because it is impossible.EVERYONE is “guilty” of what they have done and none will be pardoned of their guilt and that fact will never change by religious belief.

The fact was the thief was guilty and he was being held accountable for his guilt and Yahoshua confirmed that.He said nothing more to the thief. He did not “absolve” the thief of guilt or proclaim him “saved” by faith or any religious doctrine…he simply stated in effect to the thief…your religious rhetoric of mea culpa will not save you from entering Hades(the realm of death) because you are about to die just as I am because on THIS day you will be dead just as I will be dead.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Are you read to meet the Lord?

Yes

When we die our spirit seperates from the human body and goes before Christ and we receive our just rewards.

Let God sort 'em.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Of course, what Jesus said depends on where you place the comma, and the original (?) Greek did not have commas. If the Gospels were originally written in Hebrew, the same applies - no commas.

With that said, tell me how Jesus and the thief could have been in Paradise THAT DAY, when Jesus was Himself dead in the grave. He said to Mary the morning of His resurrection, three days later, that He had not yet ascended to His Father. With that understanding, I put the comma here: "Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise." [from Luke 23:43, KJV] Now His statement is in line with the whole OT, and it makes total sense if we know that Jesus is the YHVH of the OT.

The thing to remember here, I believe, is that we are both physical and spiritual. Jesus had not physically ascended, but spirit isn't the same as flesh, and spirit does not die. Spiritually, He was in Heaven, though physically in the grave.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yes, but that does not explain how the thief could have been there (in Paradise) with Jesus on that day. Oh, and before I forget, Jesus told Mary on the morning of the third day, that He had not yet ascended to His Father.

edit on 17-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Sure it could. Spiritually, they would both be in Heaven, though physically dead. Jesus hadn't yet ascended, because that was in physical form.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Any Jew of Jesus' time, even a thief, would have believed that when you're dead, you're dead, until the resurrection. One of Lazarus' sisters said as much to Jesus. Life after death (is that like being rich after losing everything?) is a Greek concept, but the Greeks also believed in a rather bleak afterlife. At death, spirit is separated from body, and the living person (soul) is no more, until the body is re-created and re-infused with breath/spirit. Instant presence in Heaven at death is not Biblical, and Hell is not Biblical at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

With that said, tell me how Jesus and the thief could have been in Paradise THAT DAY, when Jesus was Himself dead in the grave. He said to Mary the morning of His resurrection, three days later, that He had not yet ascended to His Father. With that understanding, I put the comma here: "Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise." [from Luke 23:43, KJV] Now His statement is in line with the whole OT, and it makes total sense if we know that Jesus is the YHVH of the OT.

Over 750 BCE was the story of Jonah according to tradition. Jesus related this story to His own future as a sign of Him being of God.

Jonah 1:17
(17) Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Matthew 12:39-40
(39) But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
(40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus was entombed for three days and three nights according to the Gospels. If He was in the Heart of the earth for three days and three nights then it is shown that He was not in a dirt grave or a tomb but was in a conscious state and in the heart of this world in comparison to Jonah also being in a conscious state.

As Jesus was alive He taught
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
This shows us that up to the time of Jesus’ crucifixion the scriptures taught no one had ascended to the heavenly realm. There was no kingdom of heaven at this time.

Luke 23:42-43
(42) And he (Dismas) said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
(43) And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Was paradise in the heart of the earth? If Jesus was in the heart of the earth for those three days and three nights and this companion of Jesus (Dismas) was with Jesus in paradise then I assume paradise was in the heart of the earth.

But then 2nd Corinthians 12:2-4 tells us --
(2) I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the third heaven.
(3) And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth

(4) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Here we find paradise in the third heaven. Out of this universe and in the celestial realm. And what is in this celestial paradise?
Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

So according to the bible, paradise is mentioned only three times and it is in heaven with trees and waters of life. Was it moved from the heart of the earth? Is that where Jesus took Dismas the dying thief? Is this paradise called New Jerusalem in the book of Revelation?

I put the comma here: "Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise."

if you put the comma after the word today then you are asking a question and not making a statement and instead of shalt thou you would have to say thou shalt. It would be best to leave it as the translation is accepted.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Seede because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2015 by Seede because: copy problems on keyboard

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Any Jew of Jesus' time, even a thief, would have believed that when you're dead, you're dead, until the resurrection. One of Lazarus' sisters said as much to Jesus. Life after death (is that like being rich after losing everything?) is a Greek concept, but the Greeks also believed in a rather bleak afterlife. At death, spirit is separated from body, and the living person (soul) is no more, until the body is re-created and re-infused with breath/spirit. Instant presence in Heaven at death is not Biblical, and Hell is not Biblical at all.

Yet Jesus stated plainly that was the case, at least for the thief. We are body, soul (mind and emotions), and spirit, which is the eternal part. That comes from the beginning, when God breathed into Adam. Hell is very Biblical. Look up the story of the rich man and the poor, both of whom died.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Ah, but you are assuming that the KJV translators did their work honestly and/or competently. Mostly, they did, but they got Hell way wrong, and a few other things as well. We would need to go back to the Greek to see the correct sense, and I am not a Greek scholar. You did well, BTW, in digging up the other instances of Paradise.

EDIT: We don't know that Jonah was conscious in the whale/fish (submarine if you follow Ferrar Fenton) and we have a good idea that Jesus was not conscious in the grave (no breath/spirit). Remember that Jesus was fully man and fully God. The man part had to fully die to show us the way - death of the carnal man, and the God part had to rise again to show us our destiny - life in a spiritual body. Remember that the Bible states that we will be like Him. Blows my mind!
edit on 18-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: k'niggit

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Yet Jesus stated plainly that was the case, at least for the thief. We are body, soul (mind and emotions), and spirit, which is the eternal part. That comes from the beginning, when God breathed into Adam. Hell is very Biblical. Look up the story of the rich man and the poor, both of whom died.

We are body + spirit = soul (the living person).

Lady, I have read from Genesis, am now into Jeremiah, and have yet to find evidence of Hell. Pagan concepts influenced theology, which in turn, influenced translation. Every instance of "Hell" in the KJV is a red herring, and many good translations lack the word. Hel was a Saxon goddess who ruled over a mythical underworld of the same name: Hel. If you believe Hell is Biblical, you are on sand, not solid ground.

The story of Laz and the rich man was only a parable to illustrate a point, the point being the fate of Israel (minus Judah) and the fate of self-absorbed Judah/Jews. Jesus used the chasm, the fire, the suffering of the rich man as a device because most of His audience had already been long contaminated with Greek ideas, concepts, theology, myths, and religion. Remember Nicodemus? Greek name.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Ah, but you are assuming that the KJV translators did their work honestly and/or competently. Mostly, they did, but they got Hell way wrong, and a few other things as well.

In my opinion you are correct. What I centered my post on was Greek copies and as you have said the scriptures that we have now are not the original autographs. The original autographs are believed, by some, to have been penned in Hebrew and then translated from Aramaic and Hebrew to Greek and Latin. In that lite I do lean more towards your understanding in some of this.

As for consciousness in death, It is another matter of interpretation of Greek scriptures. Jonah prayed in the belly of a fish
and the rich man asked Abraham for water in Sheol. By this I am taught that consciousness continues in the spirit while death is of the soul.

It is believed by some that the mind of the soul is not a physical death but is part of the spirit. The mind is a receptacle of the physicality and continues living along with the spirit. The mind is judged because it is spirit and controls the body which are receptors of the mind. My own opinion of course.

Hell is strictly Greek thinking. Hell will not be found in the Hebrew Tanach. The Hebrews of Jesus' day believed in a collective nether world called Sheol. Sheol had seven divisions (degrees) of punishment in which most all were punished for twelve months and then released. Some were in the lowest pit of no release but all were still conscious spirits.

Jesus' doctrine was that He released the sanctified spirits from Sheol and brought them up to the celestial realm (Kingdom of heaven) during His three days in the heart of the earth. The ones who remained in Sheol are those who are parroted as being in the Greek hell. As a person dies today, that person is immediately judged and sentenced to Hell (Sheol) or to the kingdom of heaven (New Jerusalem). This is all a matter of how one interprets scriptures and which scriptures that one reads and believes.

Jesus' resurrection is vastly different than ours. Jesus had preexistence and life within Him whereas we do not have life within us nor preexistence. Actually Jesus was more restored than rebirth such as our resurrection. Jesus faced no judgment or sentenced such as we are to face.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Of course, what Jesus said depends on where you place the comma, and the original (?) Greek did not have commas. If the Gospels were originally written in Hebrew, the same applies - no commas.

Exactly!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

Thank you! Not everyone sees things the same way, but happily we all get into the Kingdom eventually. It is God's plan, and man's puny will cannot circumvent it. It is not a free ride though, as repentance and the new birth are both necessary.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

We'll have to agree to disagree. That story showed their destinations, one in paradise, and one in a place of suffering. What we call it isn't really the issue.

Do be careful with translations, though, because some are very inaccurate in places.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OK, I'm good with that, as we will all agree in the end. However, do give some thought to how the Bible might have been written if Hell were real. What I mean is that surely God would have warned Adam, Eve, Cain, and a whole host of other people what could be in store for them if they didn't toe the line. However - God never threatened anyone with more than death in the here-and-now world, nor did His Law ever prescribe any punishment beyond death. If Hell were real, a good God would not have done things that way, but would have warned, but it was always just sheol for all.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Rex, I have never heard paradise explained as you do - I only now took a good look at your post, and must have been distracted by other posters. How did you arrive at your interpretation of paradise? I looked up the word in my OED, but the word still seems obscure.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

God never threatened anyone with more than death in the here-and-now world, nor did His Law ever prescribe any punishment beyond death. If Hell were real, a good God would not have done things that way, but would have warned, but it was always just sheol for all.

I understand this as to mean the old testament? If that is what you mean then yes you are correct. The reason that the OT does not cite a hell as a punishment is that there was no hell as a punishment. Now read me very carefully and try not to misread what I am about to say.

As Adam and Eve sinned, it was not a malicious sin of hate. It was disobedience and it would have eventually come about with the children if not with the parents so in that lite it was inevitable. The entire terrestrial creation was not intended to last forever. If one would believe this then that one must believe that God is limited in foreknowledge. God knew that His creation would not last forever as it was created and with that foreknowledge He knew that all of this universe will one day pass away and vanish from existence.

As people then shed this terrestrial soul the second part of that existence (spirit) was collectively kept in a place of the earth called Sheol. Sheol was not designed as a permanent punishment but was designed as a holding place for existing life. All existing life that had shed the soul was kept in this holding place but that existing life was separated into divisions of decent from indecent minds. This was the intent of Sheol up to Jesus' day. The belief of the Hebrews was that up to the doctrine of Jesus, heaven was reserved for God and not people. In effect there was no kingdom of heaven up to Jesus' death even though Jesus constantly referred to a kingdom of heaven during His ministry. But while alive He never revealed this kingdom of heaven.

Knowing that this entire universe would one day be destroyed, God knew that all of His creation would also perish along with the universe. He then sent His Son on the rescue mission to save that which He wanted saved. That meant that God made a way for His sanctified creation to be brought out of this universe and not be annihilated along with the universe. Jesus' purpose was to establish a kingdom of heaven within the kingdom of God which is in the third heaven and outside of this universe. In this kingdom of heaven is the celestial city of New Jerusalem where the fruit and water of life is designed to sustain everlasting life of the celestial spirt.

Hell is Greek understanding only. Hell came into play after Jesus taught that those who abide in His Father would no longer be contained in Sheol but could enjoy everlasting celestial life forever. The punishment was that those who did not wish everlasting life would remain in Sheol and be annihilated at the end time. Torture or burning of flesh is never taught by the doctrine of Jesus and could never happen with spirit. It is an expression of Greek thinking. The mission of Christ Jesus is that every person has the choice of either the kingdom of everlasting life or remain in Sheol and eventually be consumed in a celestial lake of ethereal fire.

None of us actually knows what that lake of ethereal fire is. Many people believe many different ways and many different things. The Revelation of John teaches us that there will be everlasting torment but that also can be understood as everlasting regret. We simply do not understand but it it seems unlikely that God will torture people for eternity in a consciousness.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The Bible does talk about Hell, though, in many places.

(all verses from the KJV)

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Mark 9:43-48 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Matthew 13:50 - And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Matthew 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Hebrews 10:26-31 - For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

link, if needed

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
(all verses from the KJV)

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Laz: The Lake of Fire is not Hell, as death and hell are at some point, cast into it.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Laz: "Everlasting"? "Age-long" would serve the original Greek better.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Laz: "hell" here simply means the realm of the dead - the grave, the pit, the Greek equivalent to the Hebrew sheol.

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Laz: Again, not Hell.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Laz: Very true, but this is NOT proof of Hell.

Mark 9:43-48 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Laz: Jesus is merely speaking of Gehenna, and avoiding having your body burned there as a criminal, and not getting a proper burial. Hell here, as elsewhere, is a mis-translation following bad theology.

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Laz: Yup - if death and hell are cast into the LoF, how can anyone be dead and/or in Hell after that?

Matthew 13:50 - And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Laz: Is this fire for refinement and eventual reconciliation, or for eternal punishment? God describes Himself often in His Word as a refining fire, but stated that killing living people in a literal fire is something that had never entered His mind.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
Laz: Again, "age-long" is a better translation.

Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Laz: "for ever and ever" is again better replaced by "age-long."

Matthew 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Laz: Honestly, I haven't dealt with this verse yet. Even Laz does not know every verse... EDIT - Looked this one up to find that "hell fire" is translated from "gehenna," which is a literal place. The KJV fails again.

Hebrews 10:26-31 - For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Laz: Hell is not mentioned, and is only assumed by those who already believe in Hell. I just think it will mean you get more stripes at the judgment.

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Laz: Again, the LoF is not Hell, and "for ever and ever" is only age-long.

edit on 23-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

edit on 23-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: uh huh, uh huh

edit on 23-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: huh uh, huh uh

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Maybe it's time to post the 77 Scriptures indicating that all are saved. The fire-forever folks cannot assemble so much material, not that sheer numbers of verses are proof, but understanding is.

GENESIS

18:18 all the nations of the earth will be blessed

28:14 all the families of the earth will be blessed

NUMBERS

16:22 the God of the spirits of all flesh

I KINGS

8:43 all the people of the earth will come to know and fear you, just as your own people Israel do.

PSALMS

46:10 "I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

65:2 O you who hear prayer, to you shall all flesh come.

86:9 All the nations you made will come and bow before you, Lord; they will praise your holy name.

138:4 O Jehovah, all kings of earth confess Thee, When they have heard the sayings of Thy mouth.

ISAIAH

11:9 Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain, for as the waters fill the sea, so the earth will be filled with people who know the LORD.

52:10 The LORD will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.

52:15 Kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they understand.

61:11 or as the earth brings forth its bud, and as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord Yahweh will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

65:1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, to a nation that was not called by my name.

66:18 it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

66:23 all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the LORD.

LAMENTATIONS

3:31-32 For the Lord will not cast off for ever: but though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

(NLT)- For no one is abandoned by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion because of the greatness of his unfailing love.

DANIEL

7:14 And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.

7:27 ..the Most High. His kingdom will last forever, and all rulers will serve and obey him."

MICAH

4:1-5 ..he will teach us his ways,
and we will walk in his paths."
For the LORD's teaching will go out from Zion;
his word will go out from Jerusalem.
The LORD will mediate between peoples
and will settle disputes between strong nations far away.
They will hammer their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will no longer fight against nation,
nor train for war anymore.
Everyone will live in peace and prosperity,
enjoying their own grapevines and fig trees,
for there will be nothing to fear.

HABAKKUK

2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea

MATTHEW

20:8-15 That evening he told the foreman to call the workers in and pay them, beginning with the last workers first. When those hired at five o'clock were paid, each received a full day's wage. When those hired first came to get their pay, they assumed they would receive more. But they, too, were paid a day's wage. When they received their pay, they protested to the owner, 'Those people worked only one hour, and yet you've paid them just as much as you paid us who worked all day in the scorching heat.'
"He answered one of them, 'Friend, I haven't been unfair! Didn't you agree to work all day for the usual wage? Take your money and go. I wanted to pay this last worker the same as you. Is it against the law for me to do what I want with my money? Should you be jealous because I am kind to others?'

LUKE

2:10 but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.

2:14 Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

3:6 and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'

9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them

19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost."

20:38 For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him."

JOHN

1:29 "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

3:17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

4:42 Now we believe, not just because of what you told us, but because we have heard him ourselves. Now we know that he is indeed the Savior of the world."

6:37 those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.

6:39 And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. *John 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands

6:45 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

12:32 And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw (Greek, literal, DRAG) everyone to myself."

12:47 I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.

ACTS

3:21 For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his holy prophets.

3:25-26 You are the children of those prophets, and you are included in the covenant God promised to your ancestors. For God said to Abraham, 'Through your descendants[a] all the families on earth will be blessed.'

ROMANS

8:20-22 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but (C)because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

9:16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

11:15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

11:26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
"THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION,
HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."

11:32 For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.

15:21 I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says,
"Those who have never been told about him will see,
and those who have never heard of him will understand"

I CORINTHIANS

3:14,5 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.
If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

5:5 Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord returns.

15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son Himself also be subject unto Him who put all things under Him, that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join