It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange and Unatural Looking Objects Orbiting Star - Cygnus and Lyra Constellations Neck of The Wood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Is this more small spoon feed of disclosure or is there a natural explanation for what astronomers have discovered?

See link for the details

www.mnn.com...

What are your thoughts?

Interesting...
edit on 15-10-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Based on the fact there are no photos, then defo alien civilisation.

Title wrong also.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I was hoping for a photo! But I think this whole thing is covered in a SETI thread? I may be wrong. Either way I shall continue to comment.

IMO... It's most likely natural causes. As the article said, aliens should always be the last point of hypothesis. However, should SETI get something amazing back from it's observations... It could genuinely be world changing. Obviously that is speculation.

Out of interest, as I am not great on the subject, is SETI the type of operation that would be heavily censored should they discover something?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

From the words of the great legend that is Stanton T.Friedman, SETI= Silly Effort To Investigate.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Cygnus and Lyra are constellations - stars that may be nowhere near each other in space, but appear to be grouped from Earth's viewpoint. So you can't physically HAVE something that's "orbiting Cygnus and Lyra".

The article's talking about something that's orbiting an unnamed star designated KIC 8462852. You can tell something's there by watching the light levels shift up and down irregularly as something comes between the Earth and that star. Which is probably a lot of rocky junk like Saturn's rings, only in this case it formed around a star instead of a planet. Sort of like our asteroid belt, only denser.

That's about all that can really be told from the data. The rest is "mother nature network" speculation to make you want to read the article and see the ads.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I read this news already yesterday at ATS.

That said, I guess, this is our future as well, if we keep junking the space. At some point, it is bound to fill the near space so much that 80% of Sun light is dimmed ...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

That said, I guess, this is our future as well, if we keep junking the space...

Only in this case, it's large orbital something or other around the STAR. Not a planet.

So either they're a super advanced civilization, or it's a lot of rocky crap that never coalesced into planets.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Thankyou. Guess I assumed too much. Corrected anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: deckdel

That said, I guess, this is our future as well, if we keep junking the space...

Only in this case, it's large orbital something or other around the STAR. Not a planet.

So either they're a super advanced civilization, or it's a lot of rocky crap that never coalesced into planets.

So could be either? But likely space rocks. My question is how would they be able to determine which? Or not possible unless you are next door.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
So could be either? But likely space rocks. My question is how would they be able to determine which? Or not possible unless you are next door.

I'm sure other things being equal (age of star, star type, etc) if it's not some insane B class star or similar, they'll point a few radio telescopes at it, eventually.

But past that, maybe one day we'll have really wonderful non-aperture-limited lensing systems that can take really detailed photos of far away objects given enough exposure time. And that day will come about 20 years after the NRO gets done with it. I figure that'll be about 2060. GIve or take a few.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I would like to know the dstance to this star; did not see in mentioned in the article.
So, these are either "almost" planet sized chuncks of rock or again planet sized parts of a "Dyson Sphere".
Just remember, we are seeing light and shadows which left this star system many years ago. Since this was observed in 2011, it would be nice to see if anyting may have changed. If the shadows are only rock; the "formations" may have changed but could only lessen in number or size. If, however, something else is going on, the "formations" may well have gotten larger or more in number.
Either way will answer many questions.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Already posted.

Please direct your comments to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join