It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brothers beaten in church to make them confess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is one of the saddest and most upsetting things I have read in a long time. I hope these people get the death penalty, though they probably don't have capital punishment in New York. This just shows everything that's wrong with religion and why we need to evolve beyond it in America. Nasty, oppresive people like this really don't deserve to live in my opinon. Christian persecution? No, Christians persecute everyone else.

news.yahoo.com...

Police: Brothers were beaten in church to make them confess

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well, thank God that no atheist has ever done anything wicked to another human being, eh?

By your reasoning, as I gather, if one religious crackpot does something evil, it taints all religions and religious people as evil. But if one atheist does something evil, that just aberrative, the rest all are all good.

Yeah, that's some logical, healthy reasoning there!
edit on 2015 10 14 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is one of the saddest and most upsetting things I have read in a long time. I hope these people get the death penalty, though they probably don't have capital punishment in New York. This just shows everything that's wrong with religion and why we need to evolve beyond it in America. Nasty, oppresive people like this really don't deserve to live in my opinon. Christian persecution? No, Christians persecute everyone else.

news.yahoo.com...

Police: Brothers were beaten in church to make them confess

I certainly hope these people are stopped from ever doing this, or influencing others to do this, to the full extent of the law.

Their behavior (if it is as portrayed in the news article) is aberrant, antisocial and evil.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Oh how I love it when these wingnuts kill a person in the name of religion to confess their sins when apparently the same standard doesn't apply to the murderers themselves.

Part of me wonders what life would be like on this planet if religion took a backseat for a while.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
just me or does it seem like a modern day inquisition?
edit on 14-10-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

It was never done in the name of atheism.

That's the difference.

"God is dead"

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Well, thank God that no atheist has ever done anything wicked to another human being, eh?

Well, that's one way to write a blanket excuse.

BTW. This has already been posted here.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

this is another incentive reason as to why i deliberately stay away from very religious people.taking religion to a whole new level.

my mother's whole side of her fam shunned me out due to my last name and not being a christian.they're very serious holy rollers.if you're not part of their inner circle,then you're a sinner of the world,bad news, a problem even if you've done nothing wrong.I explained this to my father claiming they're a religious mafia.he laughed,replying back by saying "you're absolutely correct".Even until this very day my mother's side of the fam are still like that.i dont know what's wrong with them.

religion in a powerful tool.

new topics

top topics

join