It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with Chrome?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I will try to obey the rules and make this post "lengthy" ???

Is anyone else having issues logging in with Chrome?
I have tried today and no luck...The page will act as if it is loading and then...bam...white screen and the Coors add banner across the top.

I am currently using IE. It is working fine...I have cleared cache, cookies, etc...

No big deal, I guess...I use IE for some "work from home stuff" and Chrome for other "work from home stuff" and I just really prefer Chrome...for ATS.

Just wondering if any other users are experiencing technical difficulty today/evening?

Wanted to add, I can get it on my phone fine also....
edit on 14-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Is anyone else having issues logging in with Chrome?

From time to time various browsers will hang and be slow. That's because the ATS site is busy with too many ads. All these ads vying for control over your browser, they all try to grab your attention, with animations, and flashing signs. When one of the add sites is slow to respond, the browser will halt, waiting for that ad site to send its data, before continuing on loading the rest of the site.

If this happens, just turn of "_javascript" in your browser. Then ATS webpages will load normally. Then visit the login page. Turn back on _javascript, then hit the reload button on your browser to get it to activate the _javascript, so you can enter the login parameters. This will get you into the site. Then, you'll have to play with turning off and back on _javascript to get pages to load faster while reading the site. You need _javascript to respond to posts, but not to read them. So, you'll get a feel for how to switch _javascript on and off to optimise your interaction experience.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Thanks! I will try that!

As soon as I figure out how to...LOL!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Your chrome has gotten a viral ad in it. delte chrome and reinstall and get a Ad blocker AND WHITELIST ATS!!!!!!!! DO NOT BLOCK ATS ADS.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I use Chrome and don't have much issues. Only if the site it's self is down or something.

I stay logged in though, maybe that changes things.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Your chrome has gotten a viral ad in it. delte chrome and reinstall and get a Ad blocker AND WHITELIST ATS!!!!!!!! DO NOT BLOCK ATS ADS.

What is the advantage to using Chrome over Explorer. (I know my answer what is yours).

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm using a Chrome book which is about the chromiest chromie Chrome a person can get. It's working alright for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Clear Chromes "Browsing data" - Settings>History>Clear browsing data(select>beginning of time)
Remove any extensions you didn't put there, except the ones that came with Chrome. (Google docs, google sheets, etc.)
Under settings: Uncheck Hardware acceleration and Continue running background apps. (You'll have to click "show advanced settings at bottom of settings page.)
Now try ATS again.

ETA: Click the 3 bars in the top right corner. History, Settings, and Extensions are in the top left corner once you are in settings.

edit on 10/14/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yep same thing here... Loads then white screen and just hangs forever.
Using other browsers now.

edit:
I'll try that too Klassified... Thanks
edit on 14-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

(post by scubagravy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy
Add "Disconnect" to that lineup. Awesome extension.

edit on 10/14/2015 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: scubagravy

Klassified: Add "Disconnect" to that lineup. Awesome extension.

I am certain; Chrome doesn't have 'magic' thesaurus action immediate (not to be confused with Java Script corrections).
edit on 14-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
While I wasn't having any issues with the ad, I had a look.

It used a RIDICULOUS amount of JavaScript and was sloppily designed/created in Google Web Designer. That's likely why it was hanging for some users.

I've instructed the supplier to remove the ad. And until it's removed, I've negated that supplier from our ad rotation.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and the help.
I laid down for a few and now all is well.

Glad THAT ad is gone!

I wasn't sure how I would make it!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I was having the same problem too. Cleared cashe but would fix. On Mobil now. Thanks for getting rid of that ad.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Sometimes hitting F5 (refresh) helps - I get hangs also but it happens in IE as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: yuppa

What is the advantage to using Chrome over Explorer. (I know my answer what is yours).

Chrome has always been faster than explorer for me on a win xp machine. IN fact im using a even faster than chrome browser Knockoff of Chrome. SRware IRON. ALthough it still acts liek chrome,and i can use all the extensions. Liek DEVELOPER MODE so i can still run old adobe instead of that newer crap. Shoot i can even install firefox add ones lol!!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I almost never log in then out. I stay logged into most of myfavorites.... no matter what it is.... Everyday, device... I just click the desktop or phone-tablet icons or home screen.... Done it like that for over 10 years.... No issues... Matter of fact I'm logged into 4 separate Yahoo accounts now... Never log in n out, I just stay.

Never had any such issues with Chrome or the other.

Turn on computer-phone-tablet, click icon, and it opens signed in. Any and all of them.

Good luck. Best, MS

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes, same here - ad at centre of page on a white background. I normally use Chrome, but I didn't think it was browser-specific.

I've already done a thread here about the same problem. No one seems to know what it is.

Getting annoying now.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

In my case...I think Skeptic fixed it when he nixed that particular ad...

Maybe the above ideas may help you...

Good luck as I know it WAS frustrating!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join