It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Vegan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: namelesss

Same reason his consort, possably even wife was a prostitute. Or is that just the church's hatred of the sacred feminine devine showing through there window dressing?

Thats debateable, Mary Magdalene was most likely not a prostitute, but painted as so by certain church fathers... post Ressurrection and ascension

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What was John the Baptist? He ate a regular diet of locusts and honey.

Instead of feasting on insects, it is much more likely John The Baptist survived on a "bean-feast" of locust pods, year-round, since he was out in the wilderness for a great length of time.

More information on that HERE

And HERE

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is no historical evidence for the existence of JC.

edit on 16-10-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He was more concerned with not eating more than he was concerned with what he ate.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Thats a debate for another topic.

Please dont side track the conversation at hand.

Please bump one of these threads with your opinion instead?

Jesus question

OR

Jesus?

Thank you

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Jesus was the J.K Rowling of his day, was what he was.

With paul and david having signed lucrative book deal.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Point taken.

But as far as I'm concerned this thread might as well be about what kind of underwear Santa Claus prefers.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Same reason his consort, possably even wife was a prostitute. Or is that just the church's hatred of the sacred feminine devine showing through there window dressing?

The 'church', being misogynistic, has nothing to do with Jesus and his teachings!
That he can Love even a hooker is his 'testimony' of unconditional Love in action!
"If he can Love whores and tax men, perhaps even 'I' am worthy of Love?!"
They used to complain that he associated with all sorts of 'trash'.
He demonstrated (in the story, anyway) that His Love is unconditional!
Something that modern 'Xtians' seem to miss completely!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
a reply to: Violater1

Yes, but my point was that ultimately the story we are told is the Vaticans story. Heck, they (TPTB) didn't even give us his real name! Yeshiva Ben Yosef was his real name. Jesus was the name of the first slave ship to the Americas. My point is, how many other discrepancies are there possibly in the Jesus story. How can we be so sure Jesus really ate lamb during Passover, were you their to witness it? Here's a link supporting he may have not aten it.

www.gci.org...

Were you there to see that he didn't?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

You have to prove he existed first before you ask if he preferred a restricted diet.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Um, of course, but what most people miss when they take that road is that while He did not judge where a person came from and what they had been or were, He also held them all to the same standards, including that they gave up their previous sinful lifestyles.

Even the woman He saved from being stoned he told to "Go and sin no more."

So, yes, His message was for all. In fact, He said He was sent to the sinners more than the righteous because the sinners needed Him more, but that does not mean He felt the sinners to be living a better or more righteous lifestyle, only that they needed to hear Him preach His message and be redeemed.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Um, of course, but what most people miss when they take that road is that while He did not judge where a person came from and what they had been or were, He also held them all to the same standards, including that they gave up their previous sinful lifestyles. Even the woman He saved from being stoned he told to "Go and sin no more."

All the 'law' before him was rules attempting to impose the Virtues of unconditional Love from 'without'!
All human history demonstrates that will/cannot work!
Thus the unconditional Love to transcend all the legalism, all the rules that didn't work anyway.
"Go an sin no more!" means "Find and become unconditional Love!"
'Sin' is anything other than unconditional Love!

So, yes, His message was for all. In fact, He said He was sent to the sinners more than the righteous because the sinners needed Him more, but that does not mean He felt the sinners to be living a better or more righteous lifestyle, only that they needed to hear Him preach His message and be redeemed.

It appears, to be consistent with the story, that he 'came for all', despite little allegories and parables taken out of context.
The message was for all, alike. Unconditional!
The message was very 'simple' (yet world changing!), too simple to bear, for many!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Who takes it out of context?

Read the whole of the Gospels. Jesus is consistent with the OT God when He speaks of God. The difference is that now it is possible to be reconciled to God. The parables are multi-layered, and the incident of the woman? That is not a parable but one of those times when the Pharisees sought to catch Him out by tricking Him into doing something inconsistent so they could charge Him and order Him be executed. That is no parable.

PS, Unconditional Love is not all permissive. Try to raise a child in the unconditional manner of the New Age doctrine without setting rules and boundaries and you wind up with a horrid, spoiled brat.

edit on 18-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
a reply to: Violater1

Yes, but my point was that ultimately the story we are told is the Vaticans story. Heck, they (TPTB) didn't even give us his real name! Yeshiva Ben Yosef was his real name. Jesus was the name of the first slave ship to the Americas. My point is, how many other discrepancies are there possibly in the Jesus story. How can we be so sure Jesus really ate lamb during Passover, were you their to witness it? Here's a link supporting he may have not aten it.

www.gci.org...
I agree with this! His ways are written in our hearts, not books, and I have been told in my heart to be a vegan for YEARS now, I am just barley a vegetarian finally, I ate meat all thse years, feeling in my heart that it was wrong, but selfishly I kept doing it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Read the whole of the Gospels. Jesus is consistent with the OT God when He speaks of God. The difference is that now it is possible to be reconciled to God. The parables are multi-layered, and the incident of the woman? That is not a parable but one of those times when the Pharisees sought to catch Him out by tricking Him into doing something inconsistent so they could charge Him and order Him be executed. That is no parable.

Uhm... I have read the whole of the gospels more times then I can count, and studied them for years...

how do you figure Jesus was consistent with the god of the OT?

Im going to try and stay on topic here with my reply... For one example relating to the topic... The OT god gave various dietary commands, no shellfish... No pork...

Jesus said food is clean... and does not corrupt a man... basically calling said dietary commands null and void

that is anything but consistent... and that's not even the tip of the ice burg

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
ask yourself this.

What did Jesus teach?
unlimited love and compassion

What did Jesus say about where is the Father aka. god?
within and outside me

by those answers alone he is teaching we should love as much as possible. Animals, plants, people. God is everywhere.

Animals and plants are alive. But the difference is that animals have feelings and are aware much more than plants. But they are animals, they do not have reason so they do their bast to survive. But we have reason and we should use it in a way that will bring love to all living beings or plants.

But we must all eat something so it depends on situation where we are, but in any case. Try to cause as little suffering as possible and be grateful for every meal.

This should be obvious to any religious person.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Good post

But I don't think that has anything to do with the actual topic my friend

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

whaaat haha

How come?

Do you think that Jesus himself did not walk the talk?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Well... yeah

But what does that have to do with Jesus being a vegan?

Its pretty obvious he wasn't depending of course on which Jesus you believe actually existed...

Personally I think he was a mix of the gospels and a lot of the gnostic texts... but that's me

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join