It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Vegan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I recent stumbled upon a book titled "The Essene Gospel of Peace" which is, according to Edmond Svekely, an ancient manuscript that contains dialogues of Jesus Christ himself. This manuscript was founded in the Vatican archive by Edmond Svekely, who then translated it in English, according to him. The validity of this claim is disputed, however, with thousands of possible unread scripture pages contained in the Vatican archives, who knows, it could be legit. For sake of argument, let's assume that this is indeed "divinely inspired" scripture, this would mean one of several things. But first and foremost, it would mean that Jesus Christ was a vegan, a raw vegan at that. This could be confirmed by several lines from the book that I will quote:

"Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of satan"

"I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat"

"But flesh, and the blood which quickens it, he shall not eat"

"But he who kills the beast without a cause, though the beast attack him not, though lust for slaughter, or for its flesh, or for its hide, or yet for its tusks, evil is the deed which he does, for he turned into a wild beast himself"

"Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the fire which goes into your mouths. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you. But if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and death comes always from death. For everything which kills your food, kills your bodies also. And everything that kills your bodies, kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are."

The ramifications of this, for me, is huge, as every time I talk about vegetarianism with my friends, they always say, "the bible says it's ok to eat meat". Well consider this; the bible was hand picked by the powers that be to contain only the scripture they want it to contain; several important scriptures (like the book of Enoch, for example) were left out. Also, they most likely modified it to fit their agenda, whatever that may be. If Jesus preached vegetarianism, but it was left out by the powers that be, could it be that they knew that eating meat was a sin but left it out of the bible to keep humanity in a lower state of sin and wickedness?

Who knows. The gospel emphasizes a clean diet of fruits and vegetables to "cure all disease" and expel Satan.

"So eat always from the table of God: the fruits of the trees, the grain and grasses of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees. For everything beyond these is of satan, and leads by the way of sin and diseases unto death. But the foods you eat from the abundant table of God give strength and youth to your body, and you will never see diseases."

This gospel also talks about several important concepts pertaining to diet such as food combining, when and how much to eat, and fasting. According to this gospel, it is not beneficial to eat more than 2 or 3 different foods together; anymore than this causes difficult digestion.

He also claims to never eat until full; one should eat only to about 3/4 of being full.
As far as when to eat, the book discovered intermittent fasting before the term was probably coined. Jesus claims to encourage "fasting" everyday and to not eat until noon. He claims eating more than two times a day as an "abomination" and to eat at noon and at sunset only. He claims those that follow this schedule of eating will live a long, prosperous, disease free life. The science benefits of intermittent fasting are numerous and have been proven, so there is definitely sound science to support this claim.

Anyways, back to the main point of the thread, if Jesus was indeed a vegan as this book claims he is, 95% of so called Christians would actually be living in sin on a daily basis as they don't follow any of these dietary rules.

One's diet is a very important part of spirituality, health, and well being according to this doctrine. Whether or not it truly is divinely inspired or not remains up to the reader, but my gut feeling is it is as the proverbs, parables, and teachings Jesus uses are so wise, that it does seem to come from a prophet, not some ordinary author. If you don't believe this, however, I still believe by following the guidelines on eating and living outlined in this book, you can do away with all diseases and addictions, and live a more spiritual life. Going vegan has definitely made more of a spiritual person, so I can attest to this firsthand. An interesting read nonetheless, regardless if your a Christian, atheist, vegan, meat eater, etc.

For the record, I am not am a Christian but do believe Jesus Christ existed and was one of several messengers of God. Feel free to comment and if you've read the book feel free to add your input on it as well, and if you haven't read it, check it out!

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Links:
www.essene.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

In short ,no . He would have eaten the Passover Lamb as a remembrance meal sanctioned by God . ETA

edit on 14-10-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh Noooooooooo's, another "was Jesus..." OP!
But no, he wasn't. He ate the Passover meal for crying out loud!
And if you don't know what that is, then you shouldn't start such a silly OP.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Matthew 15 says no.

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.

They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”

10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides.[d] If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

edit on 14-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
No God has give us the digestive system of an omnivore

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If Jesus was a real person, then he was probably an Essene and was a Vegan. But biblical Jesus at fish, even after his resurrection.

edit on 14-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The sign of Jesus was the fish.

Here is a little part that shows Jesus ate fish. www.all-creatures.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

R. Yehoshua made a few pronouncements on diet in general during his missionary journeys etc.

Matthew 15:11 ff
"Amen Amen I say unto you: That which goes into the mouth of a man does not defile him, but that which comes out of the mouth, this is what defiles a man..." For whatever enters in at the mouth goes through the system and his evacuated...but those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and th8s is what defiles a man ..."

Luke 10:8ff
"If you enter a town and it welcomes you, eat whatever is set before you..."

I don't see any vegan tendencies in the Greek council approved gospels placed into the mouth of 'ho Iesous", whereas some gnostic texts from the 2nd century seem to have followed a purely vegetarian diet...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
in those days meat was for special holidays not everyday

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Even so, Vegans don't reserve meat for holidays. They don't eat it at all ... unless maybe they're drunk.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

He fed 4000 and 5000 with fish and bread. I think the fish makes him not a vegan.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Yes, but my point was that ultimately the story we are told is the Vaticans story. Heck, they (TPTB) didn't even give us his real name! Yeshiva Ben Yosef was his real name. Jesus was the name of the first slave ship to the Americas. My point is, how many other discrepancies are there possibly in the Jesus story. How can we be so sure Jesus really ate lamb during Passover, were you their to witness it? Here's a link supporting he may have not aten it.

www.gci.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When glancing at your title I somehow read "was Jesus a vagina"?

Let's just say I am greatly disappointed.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well if he was then I imagine he was pretty hungary at certain times of year considering the nature and cycles of the crops and other vegetarian source's of food in his neck of the woods.

Why would it even matter considering God apparently gave us dominion over all animals? Pretty much making them ours to do with as we please.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlegeWas Jesus a Vegan?

Of course!
Look at the group of farmers that he hung with!
He even told them where to plant their seeds to yield the greatest catch... er... crop! *__-
Why would he hang (in the story) with farmers if he wasn't 'vegan' (of all the silly things)!?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Same reason his consort, possably even wife was a prostitute. Or is that just the church's hatred of the sacred feminine devine showing through there window dressing?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I could see Jesus (Yehoshua) being vegan although the vegan diet with fish added also. It could be. Now, could someone tell me where He came from as He seems to me to be not totally human. He made way too much sense in his day to be fully human IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is intuitive to only eat live food. Regardless of your belief in creation or evolution, humans are (were) in perfect harmony with nature and were meant to eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. I feel amazing when I eat raw food compared to cooked food, and that is enough for me to agree with these ideas.

In terms of "what goes into your mouth does not defile you, but rather, what comes out of your mouth defiles you"... I think he is emphasizing the concept of mind over matter. Surely he is not encouraging us to throw whatever we want into our mouth. Yet, how many of us know someone who eats nothing but junk food but never gets sick? The mental aspect of health trumps diet, but diet is still important.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: namelesss

Same reason his consort, possably even wife was a prostitute. Or is that just the church's hatred of the sacred feminine devine showing through there window dressing?

It is possible to hang with prostitutes and not avail yourself of their services, and it is possible to hang with fishermen and not eat fish, but the testament is quite clear that all is for food, eat anything that you like! No restrictions at all, ... BUT... just consume with "prayer and thanksgiving" (to avoid nasty karma, if you believe in that)!
So, I think that it vegan propaganda to suggest... *__-

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

He was talking about the Pharisees getting all upset over the lack of observance of dietary proscriptions and the washing of hands before eating.

How many people do you know who generally don't wash their hands before eating? And yet, not doing so does not defile you before the Lord.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join