It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Cannot Afford the $10 Wage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Yeah.... what a shame people want an actual living wage. How dare they?

So you want to destroy everything in order to get wages you aren't worth? Nice.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In a nation of crony capitalism it isn't what you know but who you know.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Today Wal-mart stock was absolutely clobbered as the CEO finally quantified what the $10 wage hike would do to his company and to shareholders. Wal-mart stock holders lost over 20 billion in market cap today which ended up hurting retirees, employees with 401-ks and people investing for their future.

This is just one more step in what is coming in the new gimme gimme economy as the self-described disenfranchised generation takes from those that work hard and save for their own retirement and destroy the existing economy to usher in a new age of Government taking care of us.

This is a sad day for those that have been playing by the existing rules and a win for the do-nothing Communists that are now trying to steal wealth from everyday Americans.

You must mean those damned lazy people who are working two jobs to feed their family!
Those poor wealthy haves might have a bit less!
Tough!
WalMart makes about $20million$ profit every hour!
Tough crackers on the parasites who grow fat on the slave labor of the people!
Screw 'em!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: onequestion
They shouldn't be in business if they can't survive without slaves.

Someone who applies and works there voluntarily is not a slave.

Nah, just a brainwashed idiot.

Can't eat money.

I spent my time working at Target. Do you know what I did while I was there? *gasp* I kept applying to other, better jobs until I got one ... perish the thought that others could maybe be capable of this too.

But I guess once you lower yourself to work at Walmart, you are always a Walmart drone and incapable of ever doing or thinking of working anywhere else .... ever ....

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Now, she did bring up a good point. Let's look at it.

Business will do what it must to survive and make a profit. That is its only reason to exist.

That is true. It's only reason to exist is to make money. That reality contradicts what the original corporate charter system was all about. A corporation could only exist if it met very specific criteria, one being that it had to exist to serve a common good. It had to benefit the people. If it did not, it was disbanded.

That is why the very first corporations were public works projects and churches.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The whole thing with walmart has nothing to do with the pay increase of its employees. They have a drop in profit projected for next year. A 6 to 12 percent drop. That news spooked investors into selling their stock and that drove down stock values.

www.bloomberg.com...

Now walmart will have to respond to this situation by raising prices in its stores, therfore the pay increase will be nullified.

Minimum wage will always be minimum wage.

link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Today Wal-mart stock was absolutely clobbered as the CEO finally quantified what the $10 wage hike would do to his company and to shareholders. Wal-mart stock holders lost over 20 billion in market cap today which ended up hurting retirees, employees with 401-ks and people investing for their future.

This is just one more step in what is coming in the new gimme gimme economy as the self-described disenfranchised generation takes from those that work hard and save for their own retirement and destroy the existing economy to usher in a new age of Government taking care of us.

This is a sad day for those that have been playing by the existing rules and a win for the do-nothing Communists that are now trying to steal wealth from everyday Americans.

You must mean those damned lazy people who are working two jobs to feed their family!
Tough!
Screw 'em!

You mean those "wealthy"haves like my folks who have a very small retirement investment account the depend onto help flesh out their SS?

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If they have to rely on slave wages to turn a profit, they aren't worth having. Plus your ridiculous premise that an actual living wage would destroy everything, is as ludicrous as everything else that comes out of your mouth.

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And I have to love the "no one helped me, so screw everyone else! I ain't helping nobody!"

Wow, way to be a good human being...

Actually, I am extremely generous and give to many charities. Anyone that knows me also knows I volunteer my time and money to many different things. I just don't need Government to legislate what I give and to whom.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yeah.... what a shame people want an actual living wage. How dare they?

So you want to destroy everything in order to get wages you aren't worth? Nice.

Who are you to say what people are worth? I don't know what people are worth in dollars but I believe they are worth more than a wage that they work hard for that doesn't even pay the bills or put groceries on the table, so they have to ask for food stamps from the government.

What an elitist point of view you have.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Wal-mart Stock Plummets

Takes from those who work hard? What is there to take when you barley make enough to survive?

This 20 billion dollars wasn't redistributed it just went poof into nothingness. All we are doing is destroying wealth and American companies. The proof is right there in front of you.

You can't pay unskilled people who aren't interested in bettering themselves more than they are worth unless you intend to destroy the economy.

Of course destroying the economy is the goal of these bottom feeders. They can't wait to have a world where every is poor and we rely on Government for our basic needs.

Pathetic.

It went poof into nothing, because those folks that owned the stock were living on speculation, not hard work. Lets actually keep reality alive. Those relying on the stock market for their income, are not earning income.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes because we allow the ultra wealthy to dictate that and use the stock market to do so and put this kind of fear mongering out.
"If you do this then the stock will crash and screw every one!!!!!"
Why do they have that much power over our economy?!

They socialize the loses and privatize the profit, we need to get rid of that

link   
It's very hard to choose a side here. It's obvious that the old "new deal" system, things like social security, 401k, and the way taxes work here in the states in general, are outdated. Long gone are the days that hard work and perseverance can get you ahead in a company.

Sure, you can go to college, get a degree, come out 50k+ in debt, and if you're LUCKY you'll get started at a 35k a year job.

I'm 24. Most friends from my youth are now college grad of 2 years of more. Aside from a handful that got lucky with a 35-40k salary right out of school, the rest ARE working as a server in a chain restaurant, answering phone calls at a desk, selling used cars or... Working in RETAIL.

Luckily, I figured out the college scam within my first year, and got a good job as a salesman that gets me about 45k a year. But only because my dad "knew a guy".

To sum it up, the 60s-80s, this current system worked. But now, try telling my friends that are in so much debt that they are working 2-3 crappy jobs just to stay afloat, AFTER attending college with the promise of a good job afterwards, that the system is " fair ".

It isn't.
edit on 14-10-2015 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

link   

If they have to rely on slave wages to turn a profit, they aren't worth having. Plus your ridiculous premise that an actual living wage would destroy everything, is as ludicrous as everything else that comes out of your mouth.

We'll see when all the fast food companies replace the workers with ordering kiosks to avoid the issue. Then no one will have even those meager jobs.

So much for a service based economy. Many services can be done by machine now.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: namelesss

Tough!
Screw 'em!

You mean those "wealthy"haves like my folks who have a very small retirement investment account the depend onto help flesh out their SS?

Don't you know these people don't care about our parents that worked their whole lives and have investments that they live off of...Obamacare isn't killing off the useless elderly people fast enough for them.

+4 more 
link   

Well Wallmart owns ASDA and they are able to pay the minimum wage here in the UK which is a little over 10 bucks an hour.
Also not everyone can be managers Met.
But I forget your motto.

"Screw you guys I'm doing fine.".

Pfft.

link   
Yup, and as the people get their "Living wage" the cost of the products will go up to, to account for this "living wage"..

Putting us right back where we started.

Or businesses will close, leaving people unemployed.

The who financial system is a ponzi-scheme. Federal Reserve / central banks lend money AT INTEREST to the government(s) / Countries / banks they are over. There is NO WAY OUT of this system, except a nasty, ugly, and often times violent end.

This system is DESIGNED to ENSLAVE everyone under it to DEBT.

Debt is slavery.. Plain and simple.

But go on.. That "living wage" your getting for skill-less labor sure makes you feel good, doesn't it?

Living wage = an extra slice of bread from your master, now he expects you to work harder in the fields and factories for him.

NOW BACK TO WORK SLAVE!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

ETA: Oh, and I did it with $800 loan from my father. I didn't have a lot of money just an idea.

What you had was a market that could afford your idea. The more money there is to spend (higher wages) the money people have to get you and your ideas off the ground.

I personally dont care of some people want to sit around and do nothing. If thats what does it for them, fine. Feed em, house them and keep them happy. Doesnt bother me. I like to keep busy and many others do. If you dont like how much your being taxed you should tell your government that the need to take back the power to issue money. Your government taxes you to pay for those that are not interested in a busy life rather than just spending money they created from thin air like the banks do.

Dont start a war with the working poor. They are much stronger and more resilliant than you, plus you have more to lose.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

If the economy could be turned around, it would be workable again. Maybe not if you rack up 50K in debt, but without it for sure.

Most people are buying the idea that we are in a good economy it seems. We aren't. We are probably in a Depression as bad as the Great Depression was. We just don't see it because the government subsidizes the hobos to stay indoors.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No they don't care that just because people in the past, usually from a much better economy, didn't ask for a better wage doesn't mean the people of today shouldn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join