It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Cannot Afford the $10 Wage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Today Wal-mart stock was absolutely clobbered as the CEO finally quantified what the $10 wage hike would do to his company and to shareholders. Wal-mart stock holders lost over 20 billion in market cap today which ended up hurting retirees, employees with 401-ks and people investing for their future.

This is just one more step in what is coming in the new gimme gimme economy as the self-described disenfranchised generation takes from those that work hard and save for their own retirement and destroy the existing economy to usher in a new age of Government taking care of us.

This is a sad day for those that have been playing by the existing rules and a win for the do-nothing Communists that are now trying to steal wealth from everyday Americans.

Wal-mart Stock Plummets

+65 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah.... what a shame people want an actual living wage. How dare they?

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is just one more step in what is coming in the new gimme gimme economy as the self-described disenfranchised generation takes from those that work hard and save for their own retirement and destroy the existing economy to usher in a new age of Government taking care of us.
Wal-mart Stock Plummets

Takes from those who work hard? What is there to take when you barley make enough to survive?
edit on 14-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

They're do nothing commies and deserve nothing but to starve or freeze to death. If you don't work hard in the current system your life is worthless and you should do your hard working patriot countrymen the favor of never reproducing and killing yourself.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

Most people do, but when I got my first minimum wage job and realized how crappy it was and how crappy the pay was, my parents didn't tell me that Sonic was just being cheap and owed me more. They told me that was what education and a better job with better skills was for.

Your employer does not owe you. If you want more, you owe it to yourself to improve you circumstances and person.

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There aren't enough jobs that pay a living wage apparently for the entire population of the United States.

That's the problem. Someone still has to do those bottom-level jobs as well.

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They can not afford to pay 6.42 (in sterling) an hour?
After they paid 7.2 billion to shareholders up to Jan 2015?.

news.walmart.com...

What do you want Met to bring back slavery?.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's a bit disingenuous to say that Wal Mart's stock was "clobbered" solely because of the wage increases.

This one sentence says quite a bit:

Company says strong dollar expected to hurt full-year revenue by $15 bln

Wal Mart is so large that simply having a stronger dollar will have a $15 billion effect.

But it's wage increases, right? It's all about those evil wage increases.

Bad form.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Metallicus
Wal-mart Stock Plummets

Takes from those who work hard? What is there to take when you barley make enough to survive?

This 20 billion dollars wasn't redistributed it just went poof into nothingness. All we are doing is destroying wealth and American companies. The proof is right there in front of you.

You can't pay unskilled people who aren't interested in bettering themselves more than they are worth unless you intend to destroy the economy.

Of course destroying the economy is the goal of these bottom feeders. They can't wait to have a world where every is poor and we rely on Government for our basic needs.

Pathetic.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

We're headed back that way -- only it'll be more like indentured servitude to the corporations.

I envision a day where everything is owned by large companies. You ride the Walmart rail line to work, dressed in your Walmart approved clothing, with a Walmart haricut. If your job performance is lacking, you can be deemed to have "stolen company time" and therefore found guilty of theft. You will then be forced to "work off your debt" to the company, imprisoned on premises potentially forever, as they'll rig the system to ding you for any little thing they can to add to your company debt.

+19 more 
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There aren't enough jobs that pay a living wage apparently for the entire population of the United States.

Exactly. This simple fact is what the "bootstrappers" conveniently overlook. The US is a service nation and the jobs we used to have where you could work your way up the ladder are very few and far between.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No, I want people to do what they used to do...get training and work hard to get better jobs and wages. My first job was with a used lawn mower and going door to door to get business. These days you can't get the lazy kids away from their video games long enough to go outside their front door.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's the problem. Someone still has to do those bottom-level jobs as well.

Those used to be jobs for typical part-time labor like high school kids, college kids, people needing second jobs, older people wanting to work after retirement, etc. They were no intended to be family supporting full-time work and trying to make them that kind of work is ignoring the real problem which is that our government and labor practices have chased the real low-kill solid jobs overseas or handed them off to legions of illegal they refuse to do anything about.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sold my soul to the company store?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So you agree the economy is failing. You clearly blame the poor for this but regardless it is failing.

Keep championing the failing system! Hold tightly the your clearly failed values and blame those who saw what a crock it was.

Whose pathetic again?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Exactly. This simple fact is what the "bootstrappers" conveniently overlook. The US is a service nation and the jobs we used to have where you could work your way up the ladder are very few and far between.

10 years ago I risked everything to start my first company. Now I employ people and have five different businesses. All it takes is a little ingenuity and hard work and you can better your situation. I am not special and if I can do it anyone can do it that isn't a lazy leeching fool.

ETA: Oh, and I did it with $800 loan from my father. I didn't have a lot of money just an idea.
edit on 2015/10/14 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
link   

You aren't addressing the main issue:

X number people; Y number of jobs paying a living wage.

We have more of X and not enough Y.

AKA, we have to many people and not enough jobs that pay a living wage for them. Now, adults are working fast food and retail more than ever before. I can't remember the last time I saw a kid working at the McDoanlds down the road.

+6 more 
link   
It is sad that we let made up money in the game of wall street dictate what we should do by if it goes up or down.

Talk about being in complete control and having people by the balls...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You aren't addressing the main issue:

X number people; Y number of jobs paying a living wage.

We have more of X and not enough Y.

AKA, we have to many people and not enough jobs that pay a living wage for them. Now, adults are working fast food and retail more than ever before. I can't remember the last time I saw a kid working at the McDoanlds down the road.

Read my response, I clearly addressed the issue as to why there are too any people and not enough jobs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join