It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla Lady Mimi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Gorilla Lady Mimi is celebrating her 50th Anniversary

Mimi was born in Kamerun, the specifics about her birth are unknown. it is speculated her mother was killed by animal hunters who took the baby into captivity. in those days this was often an opportunity for zoos to acquire animals and also to research reintroduction of them into the wild, attempts with little success so far.

it is 50 years now that Mimi lives in Wilhelma Stuttgart, a combination of botanical garden, historic park and zoo with approximately 10,000 animals.

on this day zoo keepers stood parade outside Mimi’s cage. fotographers were ready to capture every move of Mimi because she was expected to approach her anniversay cake straight away, she must have proven herself to be a guts.

but Mimi offered a way more dignified celebration: she first took her time to turn a cool lap of honour around her pound and played with improvised balloons before starting to nibble apicots and lavishing up the quark from her torte.

i always admired gorilla babies. i think after human babies they are for sure the next best thing. but this gorilla lady totally captured me with her charm.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There is so much intelligence in Lady Mimi's eye's. I'm glad she is being well taken care of. Thank you for the sweet story and cool pics of her 50th.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

isn't she something !

it is so good to celebrate with her

new topics

join