It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 3.03 - Wyoming Is Off Limits for Photos, Drawings, Images, Data Collection, and More

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blissful

If you watch the video it goes over that.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The real question here is, who owns this "open land"? The text of the document linked in the OP states that:

(ii ) " Open land " means land outside the exterior boundaries of any incorporated city, town, subdivision

So, the land isn't owned by some city or town. Is it nationally-, state- or county-owned? If so, that's public land, and taxpayers have a right to be there. If it's privately-owned, that is another matter. One segment uses the phrase, "private open land", which makes no sense. Private property is private, not "open". Why add the word "private" to such a document?

If this is actual public land, and the issue is cattle grazing, how is the cattle there? Do people lease form the government? Not my area of study, so I am not familiar with this situation at all. If that's the case, under what system is it determined that cattle grazing isn't harmful, or is beneficial? Who makes such decisions? I do know that, on the post where we have been, farmers bid to be allowed to harvest hay in many fields. In that case, the wildlife is thriving, with more deer, for example, than just off-post. No, that isn't grazing, but it is a change. And it isn't just deer, either; other species thrive there as well - coyote, raccoon, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, wild turkeys, geese in season, owls, foxes, etc.

It sounds like the issue here is that some claim the cattle are harming the lands, and that there are perhaps issues with data collecting. Who has done such collecting, and under what conditions? To warrant such a law, there would need to be some real issues.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

That doesn't sound very Constitutional to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I'll tell you straight up since I live on the border of Wyoming. We're taking plenty of pictures and no one is in jail over it. We're also taking whatever data we want.

Don't worry about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What about if I go on the Wyoming State run web site and post drawings depicting horses taking a dump on the Capitol lawn is that allowed?

State of Wyoming

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

A liberal hippie.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

They are probably only going to apply this law when someone is going to use collected data in a lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's DICK CHENEY'S state, whatcha expect? IMHO, been there, pretty desolate, ugly country, gets a little prettier near Montana though.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

A liberal hippie.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So it must be illegal to be alive in Wyoming too? Because a living brain accepting sensory input from eyes, ears, smell etc, you're recording memory into your brain to talk about later. That sounds like it would fall under the illegal stuff.

Oh dear...

Land of the fr... Oh forget it.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Perfect choice of topic. Excellent job!!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Can we still look at it with google earth?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
All the private CCTV security setups that capture public land would technically be illegal as well.

How is this gonna work. What about tourists taking pictures?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, I know what state I will be avoiding in the future. This is going to kill their tourism. All of this is going to be less money for the state, not to mention people leaving when they get fed up with it. Wyoming = stupid move.
edit on 22-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It's Wyoming, nothing to see anyway...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thats crazy

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

(a) A person is guilty of trespassing to unlawfully collect resource data if he:

(i) Enters onto open land for the purpose of collecting resource data; and

(ii) Does not have:
(A) An ownership interest in the real property or, statutory, contractual or other legal authorization to enter or access the land to collect resource data ; or

It seems like you could argue that you have legal authorization to access public land by statute. The key in the wording is that you already have the right to be on the land, so you shouldn't be able to be prosecuted. Not sure how they could enforce it on public land unless they were to take away that right. The whole thing stinks though.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Doesn't this prevent the collection of data inside a courthouse?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

HAHAHAHA

Land of the free my arse!
edit on 27-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Have you guys seen COWSPIRACY? Its on Netflix.

This man found out how bad livestock or animal agriculture is costing all of us. Terrible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join