It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can i report an assult incident from 15 years ago?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
Rule number 1, never ask legal advice on an online forum, you will be given partial, or incorrect advice. Always consult a paid professional.

That said: The UK has a 7 year statute of limitations for most crimes. There are some exceptions, for example murder or rape where there is no statute of limitation.

In essence, you can report anything at any time. No matter how long ago it occurred. The Police SHOULD take your statement and pass it on to the CPS who will decide what, if anything to charge them with. The application of the statute of limitation will depend on what the CPS decide the charge is.

I emphasise should, because a lot of police forces will just tell you to naff off, it was too long ago, sadly. It's not really a decision they are legally allowed to make. That decision SHOULD be the domain of the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service), but we all know the police extend their legal remit, knowing that people don't realising they are stepping outside of their legal power.
edit on 14/10/2015 by BMorris because: More info

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
Thanks to most of the replies
a quick google search for this guy shows he himself is now a Psychotherapist
i feel sick to my stomache seeing a picture of this guy. He seems to have aged pretty badly though, thats one source of comfort

thanks for the replies i will be speaking to the police tomorrow about advice, even if it leads nowhere, at least its better than nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
a reply to: lamplighters

It comforts you that he's aging badly 15 years removed from an event?

Seek out a counselor. You're holding onto this way too long.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
a reply to: lamplighters reporting, no evidence, no known witnesses to corroborate your story....and is the offender even still alive?

Move play while being kids harse at times...but you we're still just a bully.

I think you have nothing to go on...and the authorities will prob. tell you the same.

Best of luck to you....

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
a reply to: lamplighters

My two cents...

Before heading down the (likely) lengthy road of the justice system, might I suggest doing a cursory investigation into the person that did this to you? If the incident occurred as you remembered, it's quite possible that he/she would have remained a violent person and may have already been incarcerated (or may be serving a sentence at the moment). Although that scenario wouldn't specifically provide justice to your specific incident, it may do something to put your mind at ease.

Or, you may find out that the person in question had changed their ways and has become an admirable person which might put your mind at ease.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics
<< 1   >>

log in