It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No sickness/cavities: A story of Trash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm 33 years old today. Just got back from the dentist a few days ago, they took x-rays it's been 3 years. No cavities, and they remove stains from the tea I drink. Straight, big teeth, no issues.

I don't floss, brush once a day after my first meal, and don't much worry about it. Tea is antimicrobial, as long as it's unsweetened it'll work all day to keep my bacteria in mouth at a manageable load.

My place, I keep it funky. It smells a little, but I'm not hypersensitized to odors, so don't much notice it. Dust collects, and rolls off. Don't much care. The floor is used as shelves, I don't much care about that, either. There is organization in piles that make sense only to me. When the place gets too nasty, I clean, but usually only after I can't easily find things.

I don't get sick. Was running around sewers, and dumpsters as a child exploring and salvaging junk. We grew up poor, now are riches, but the monies never phased me, still got my quirks and what not. Today the most I do is replace an ultra allergen filter that works into my central ac/heating unit. That keeps the air quality good enough.

My dishes, I hand wash. Eat a meal, fill the dishes with water on the kitchen counter, still with the grime in it. Next time go to use the water goes into the sink, and I rinse with my fingers for maybe 2-5 seconds getting about 99% of the grime. Good to go. I cook most of my own meals, try to eat of the rainbow, use a lot of spices, nothing microwaved, no processed junk foods, no fast food.

I'm never sick. Most I get is a minor cough or sneeze that lasts about half a day. I rarely get head aches. Maybe once every other year I get a headache and switch something up so it'll go away. It's never nearly as bad as I remember as a child.

I don't take meds. No flu shot since in high school. No tylenol, pepto-bismol, tums, advil, cough syrup. No big pharma. I tried a couple antidepressants at age 18, but had adverse reactions, switched up the diet felt better... end of story.

I think modern society is out of tune with the terrain our species evolved under, and many common practices are running under assumptions poorly evidenced. Figure the immune system is like an anti-virus software suite. It needs to have it's virus definitions updated regularly. So I allow some funk in, and figure the less time between updates the more secure my system is.

People think I'm weird, but I think they're the weirdos. I think the slummers in India likely have a far more robust immune system than we do in the west, and hell they outnumber us as well. Isn't weird by minority? Weirdos.

Anyhoo, just spreading my funk here in the thread, playing my part. Good health and teef to you all, stay funky my friends.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Your physical health might be good but it's your mental health that may need checking.

Curious do you name the roaches?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I expected some cheap shots, so would ask you why it is you think my mental health is poor?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I love it, great post! I'm "neater" than you (unless you look in my work-in-progress garage or basement.) Rarely ever sick, the couple times I have been, it was when surrounded by sick people, perilously low on sleep for days or weeks, and eating less than my best.

I eat food that falls on the floor, or ground - even if it wasn't my food, as long as its something I want to eat. I've never gotten one of those ridiculous flu shots, haven't been on antibiotics since I had mono at 16 - I feel like I only needed the antibiotics because instead of resting when I felt sick, I continued to work 30 hours a week while going to school for 3 weeks before finally being soundly pwnd by the infection.

I've never stopped my kids from giving the patio door window that the dogs "knock" on with their dirty paws a lick. I don't eat my boogers (did as a child), but I'm not against dropping a beastly one into my mouth to spit out the car window if I don't think a good flick off the finger will do the trick.

That's enough sharing, you get the idea.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Living in funk when you can help it is not a normal thing and then to brag about it?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So I must comply with your standards of what is "normal" in order to be mentally healthy?

That just seems silly.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

So I must comply with your standards of what is "normal" in order to be mentally healthy?

That just seems silly.

What's silly is you telling people that you live like a slob and your proud of that.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That's cool, we can differ. I viewed my OP as a story containing helpful insights into good health.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, except for the "dishes" thing, I guess I don't see were the OP really says they are a slob. (just my opinion) Having dust on stuff, and having piles of books all over? Well, I'm a slob too then.
Maybe I am just assuming that the funk, or smell they discuss, is from not showering every day? I know many people that don't, and let their own "scent" shine through. And it can linger, but not everyone's scent stinks.

And OP, I am with you on the no meds as well. Lots of natural stuff will help your symptoms, and your body, if healthy, can fight off so many bugs, all by itself.
edit on 14-10-2015 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
edit on 14-10-2015 by chiefsmom because: geez, how did I miss that?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The funk is actually more from cooking than anything else
Those curry spices stank! I do shower every day, wash my sheets at least once a week, wear clean clothes daily except my pants. Not sure where the whole "slob" thing is coming from, either. The dishes seem to be the most logical system if you're a family of one and don't have guests over too often. I can see where it could become more trouble than help if there's a full family or lots of traffic in general.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Having 2 sons in their 20's, I totally understand the dish thing. And sorry about the smell thing, but I've notice through friends, that it seems that if your eating pretty healthy, their everyday scent doesn't smell bad to me.
So if your funk is just cooking odor?

Funk on!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I mean my tub was beige until the other day, I had to dump a bottle of ajax and use up 4 scrub pads to realize it's original color was white. The funk is probably 2/3 food, 1/3 not otherwise specified.

I do work on things from time to time going to go at it with the sink, toilet, and bathroom floor tomorrow.

My moms is the opposite she cleans everything every day, so I guess we're two extreme opposites and most people are somewhere in the middle. She gets sick more than anyone else in the family. I think it's all that cleaning products she's inhaling on a regular basis. That stuff is poison to my system!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Feliz cumpleanos, hombre
I have to ask though .. How often do you interact with contaminated sick people? If I stay holed up most of the time I don't get sick either. Anyway, some good points. Nothing wrong with some dirt in your life .. Now clutter OTOH .. No.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Well I don't like hospitals, but don't mind when people say, "stay away from me, I'm sick". I'll hang out and not take ill.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Your way of life sounds OK to me - except for the dish washing

You're a Libra - immunity to noticing dust until it's ankle deep sort of comes with the territory.

I used to keep my books in piles all over the floor, too. Easiest way to dip in and find the information you want. Far more efficient than scouring a bookshelf, especially when you've settled down on the said floor with the specific intention to read and research. Some of my books got coffee spilled on them or they got nibbled by rodents, it didn't make them unreadable though.

If your domestic arrangements suit you and you're healthy then there's no harm in it and you're more than likely right that it's building up a nice immunity to germs.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm totally with you on this
. Everything is in it's place, DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

good luck in the later years,

you take care of your health now for survival sure, but also so old age is less painful, i think you mighta forgot that part, unpleasant to think how itll be for you

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Even if it is slob life by other peoples' standards, you've likely given your immune system just enough of a workout throughout your life for it to look at the germaphobes & neat-freaks of the world pointing & laughing it's ass of.

A little dirt & grime is no big deal. Some dust bunnies are no big deal. I'm of the belief that if your immune system doesn't get much minor use (i.e sterile environments & disinfectants) it's going to atrophy & wither like an unused muscle. When it comes to it having your back when you really get sick, it's going to be on the weak side, not very ambulatory.
Think about that before you knock the OP, feverish cleaners.
edit on 10/15/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The floor is used as shelves

Brilliant
If you didn't have shelves everything would just be on the floor. Brilliant. Shelves are brilliant.m.youtube....

edit on 15-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

good luck in the later years,

you take care of your health now for survival sure, but also so old age is less painful, i think you mighta forgot that part, unpleasant to think how itll be for you

Don't need luck when I have good habits! Can you please elaborate on why you believe I will have troubles? I tried to explain this with the computer virus definitions analogy, did you read that part? Let me try it another way.

I think of health involving a toxic/pathogenic load over time in comparison to one's recuperative capacities over time. We all harbor pathogens, and a certain degree of toxicity that is dynamically being dealt with by bodily systems. These systems can be strengthened by environmental and psychological factors.

On the latter, you can build up through a variety of means. With the immune system, you require exposure. This is how all living systems operate. There must be stressors for growth. Too little and you will be stunted, and improperly fit for the terrain. Too much will break you. Optimal growth leads to newer highs in capacities. Think muscle building.

So I have since birth used the terrain to build up recuperative capacity while still with plenty of reserves. What best time to be doing so! As I've aged, my habits have been modified a little over time to keep the overall stressors in the form of toxic/pathogenic load and psychological issues within reasonable management. My ability to remain in good health has as much to do with bodily/self-awareness as it does to the immediate terrain I choose to live within. I view my choices and stressors in trends of various duration, take note of my bodies reactions/energy-levels, and continuously tweak in order to stay on top of things.

My diet includes not only a full spectrum of nutrition, but also works to keep the recuperative capacities high. I swear that turmeric is a godsend! My stools are nearly black on the days I work it into some meals.

Speaking of muscle, I've built up at least 25lbs of it in the last few years. Started out a shrimp 6ft 153lbs in 2012 at 13%BF. I'm currently at 188lbs 18%BF. Cutting 10lbs of fat over the season, then cycling back to a bulk for a bit. My goal is 165lbs lean body mass and under 25lbs of fat on my body before age 35, so I have 2 years minus a day to reach it. Slow and steady! I cycle 2-3 hour treks, sprint 50-200m stints, run 1-2miles, row 800-5k meters, swim freestyle laps, and strength train twice a week.

On the psychological side, I've learned to perspective shift internally out of unwinnable external situations. Some may be surprised to see how much capacities to be used elsewhere this really frees up. I take time for self-evaluation daily, but in a sense am always in this mode to a degree. I know how to control my breathing, take a micro-vacation into my mind, and keep the stress level down regardless of circumstances.

All of this works in concert to help ensure a life of long health span. I look to the parents who coddle their childs in a vein attempt at a sterile environment, without much outside play, OCD clean freaks, and take note of the increased risk of serious child illness, allergies, and autoimmune disorders that result. I look to similar stories to my own, whereby people are allowed to grow properly, and create robust immune systems that don't fail them when a real nasty starts poking around town. Common sense and a hell of a lot of research leads me to believe my choices are wise, however seemingly foolish.

So please do elaborate. In which ways am I setting myself up for poor health later down the road? I'm curious.
edit on 15-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

top topics

join