It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats threw Obama under the bus in last nights debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
On the plus side, gas prices are still down so throwing him under the bus is a cost effective solution.

When gas prices were much lower, this was the media and Obama's take:

Funny how suddenly gas prices are all good and not at all the fault of the president!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Let's face it, Obama has been a HORRIBLE President. Under Obama debt, income inequality and poverty has increased. If you listen to the Democrats, the economy is in worse shape than it ever has been.

This is a joke post, right?

The economy is immeasurably better than when Obama took office and every Democrat knows it and is proud of it. Of course they are attempting to explain how they would approach the economy differently; they have a different set of problems to address, and they are different people. That doesn't equate to throwing the President under the bus, it equates to showing the American public that they have ideas of their own.

That isn't being negative about the economy or about America itself. It is facing reality and identifying opportunities for improvement. That's why we have term limits for the President; so the idea catalog can be renewed periodically.

By the way, there was a bit of hyperbole in my first paragraph - the improvement in the economy is definitely measurable by virtually every metric.

And yet, there are still problems remaining in the economy, do you think otherwise?. Would you have those problems be ignored? If continuous identification and correction of weak spots in the economy is not on your list of important attributes the President should have, then why do you care enough to moan about those who do?

These folks are politicians trying to attract peoples votes. Just because you don't care about improving the economy, an awful lot of voters do. It is natural that they would discuss the issues potential voters are interested in; that is what campaigns are for.

We're in economic Armageddon.

Yeah well, that's Republican talk, or more precisely the RWNJ of the TEA Party or whatever they call themselves these days. No matter what happens in the economy, good or bad, it is the Apocalypse.

More Jobs Created? Oh NO!
Retail confidence up? Oh my Dog!
Balance of trade improving? We're being taken over export crazy entrepreneurs!
Health care costs coming down ? Run for the hills!

The so-called debt 'crisis' is 100% created by the Republicans. One Hundred Percent. Of course somehow Obama is responsible for their utterly predictable debt Apocalypse and by Dog they are gonna continue to shut down the government over and over and over and over again until they are allowed to nuke the economy back into the stone age.

And by the way, the debt is not even a 'problem', let alone 'crisis'. It was worse at the end of WWII and we were in no trouble at all. Reducing it is good, but that means improving the economy, and that includes investing in infrastructure maintenance, like roads, bridges, railroads, energy use patterns, etc. before every car in the country disappears into a pothole. It does not mean diverting those infrastructure maintenance funds into the pockets of Rupert Murdoch and the Koch Brothers for no return on investment.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

This post makes me laugh, and then cry cause I realised he might be serious...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Wow, you sound like a true Obama kool-aid drinker.

This is the same thing that happened with Republicans under Bush. No matter how many times you pointed out the Bush was a disaster, the Republicans tried to make it seem that everything was great under Bush.

This is just another example of Political blindness.

If Obama was doing such a great job, they would run on Obama's record the same way Al Gore ran on Clinton's record. Al Gor was a horrible candidate and still almost won because he stood on the shoulders of the Clinton economy.

The Democrats today are trashing the economy and saying how horrible it is because this is the truth. Obama has done a horrible job and his policies are destructive.

If they were so great, Hillary and Bernie would ru n on the great jobs record of Obama, but they can't because labor participation is at a 38 year low and there's 2 MILLION FEWER WORKERS IN THE WORKFORCE THAN THERE WAS IN 2007!

They can't run on Obama's record on income inequality because the rich have become filthy rich under Obama and the gap between the rich and the poor has increased.

They can't run on Obama's great record with the African American community because by every measure things are worse.

They can't run on Obama's record on Poverty because poverty is up.

They can't run on Obama and the military because the Iran deal is unpopular and Putin is basically making Obama look like the weak leader that he is.

They can't run on Obamacare because enrollment is down and the White House has to lowball expectations.

The fact is, blind kool-aid drinkers will claim we're in a utopia under Obama when it's a disater. Hillary says things like this:

In a speech in Washington on Friday, Hillary Clinton repeatedly criticized economic and social conditions under President Obama, barely mentioning the accomplishments of the man who appointed her secretary of State. Clinton's address, at the New America Foundation, was a broad indictment of the country's current leadership, with exactly one -- one -- note of praise for the Democratic president Clinton has called her partner and friend.

"For too many families in America today, that isn't the way it works. Instead of getting ahead, they're finding it harder and harder than ever to get their footing in our changing economy. The dream of upward mobility that made this country a model for the world feels further and further out of reach."

You would NEVER HEAR Gore say something like this about the Clinton economy when he ran for President. THE DREAM OF UPWARD MOBILITY IS FURTHER OUT OF REACH??

If Obama did such a great job, Hillary would say upward mobility has been strengthened by Obama policies and I'm going to continue those policies and finish the great job Obama has started.

It get's worse.

Millions of Americans are "frustrated, even angry" about today's economy, Clinton said. Falling into poverty is a constant threat, and upward mobility is almost impossible. "Forget about getting rich," Clinton told the audience, "I'm talking about getting into the middle class and staying there."

While productivity is up, Clinton noted, "wages have stagnated." "Americans are working harder, contributing more than ever … and yet many are still barely getting by."

Amid the "daily struggles of millions and millions of Americans," women face particular difficulties, Clinton continued. A woman struggling to achieve "doesn't just face ceilings on her aspirations; sometimes it feels as if the floor has collapsed beneath her."

UPWARD MOBILITY IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!

THE FLOOR HAS COLLAPSED BENEATH WOMEN!!

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

You would NEVER hear this from Gore when talking about the economy after Clinton.

I think only Democrats who thinks Obama walks on water are in denial. Obama has wrecked the economy with his policies and so did Bush.

Clinton didn't say, women have it better today because of the policies of Obama and I'm going to build on those policies. Clinton said the floor has collapsed beneath women.

This is just the truth and if Obama did this great job, Hillary and Bernie would be running on Obama's record not talking about upward mobility is almost impossible!
edit on 16-10-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If you listen to the Democrats, the economy is in worse shape than it ever has been.

Actually, what I hear from Democrats is that Obama has done some good - especially considering the cluster# he "inherited" from W and the juvenile obstructionism he got from "Congress" ever since he was elected.

The collapse happened on W's watch - so did Iraq.
Things HAVE gotten marginally better, say the Democrats;

but the BIGGEST problem is to crack-down on Wall Street and the top 1%. And Obama hasn't managed to do that.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

lololol

Obama is my guy - and I don't care who knows it

Perfect? No. I don't expect perfection anymore - and neither should you if you're a grownup

He's a darn sight better than what came before him - and god help us - what might come after

Every problem you just listed has it's beginnings with other leaders from other times. Or did you think the economy tanked after Obama was sworn in?

16 years of Bush and Obama have been horrible for America. The problem is you have Democrats who blindly follow Obama and thinks he walks on water so you never get an honest assessment on how bad his policies has hurt this Country. It was the same way with Bush and the Republicans.

Very funny OP. Balanced and wise... :-)

So, who you liking in 2016?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This is just the truth and if Obama did this great job, Hillary and Bernie would be running on Obama's record...

Clinton ties her record to Obama's

The Democratic front-runner offered no apologies for her foreign policy stances, and invokes Obama to lend credence to her record.

Hillar y Clinton backs Obama's decision to keep US troops in Afghanistan

There's more out there - I just wanted to point out that you aren't really looking - you're just talking
edit on 10/16/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

You sound like a kool aid drinker.

Of course Obama walks on water and he has given us a utopia if you listen to blind democrats. But Hillary says this:

"For too many families in America today, that isn't the way it works. Instead of getting ahead, they're finding it harder and harder than ever to get their footing in our changing economy. The dream of upward mobility that made this country a model for the world feels further and further out of reach."

She said the floor has collapsed for women in this economy. Why not the floor collapsed for women but Obama's policies have made it better and I will add to those policies?

She said upward mobility was ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!

I thought king Obama and his policies would make these things better. Why is it still ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE after we have been graced with the Presidency of the great Obama?

Of course she backed his stance on Afghanistan because she's always been more hawkish. Obama had to come kicking and screaming to this decision.

Here's some headlines:

How Hillary May Be Distancing Herself From Obama

Hillary Clinton Begins to Move Away From Obama Ahead of 2016

Presumed Presidential Candidate Makes Clear She Won't Be Running for de Facto Third Obama Term

Hillary Clinton has begun distancing herself from President Barack Obama, suggesting that she would do more to woo Republicans and take a more assertive stance toward global crises, while sounding more downbeat than her former boss about the U.S. economic recovery.

People are "really, really nervous" about their future, Mrs. Clinton said at an event in Colorado last week that included hints of her emerging strategy to convey that she would be more effective in the pursuit of Democratic policy goals than Mr. Obama has been during his time in office.

www.wsj.com...

If Obama has done such a great job, why not run as a third term of Obama? Why not run as someone who will build on the policies of the great Obama?

Hillary separates herself from Obama policies

Laying out a foreign policy vision ahead of a possible run for president, Hillary Rodham Clinton made her most aggressive effort yet to distinguish herself from her former boss, President Barack Obama, rebuking his cautious approach to global crises and saying the U.S. doctrine has to go beyond "don't do stupid stuff."

"Great nations need organizing principles, and 'don't do stupid stuff' is not an organizing principle," Clinton said in a weekend magazine interview, referring to a version of the phrase Obama and his advisers have used privately to describe his approach to foreign policy.

www.sodahead.com...

SYRIA: Clinton Separates Herself from Obama-Pentagon Policy

..I can’t sit here and tell you that if we had done what I and General Petraeus and Secretary Panetta and others had recommended we would have made more progress on the ground. I obviously thought so at the time. … What the Pentagon has been doing hasn’t worked. …” – Hillary Clinton on “MTP Daily”

www.taylormarsh.com...

Hillary Clinton: Distancing from Obama while courting his supporters

Hillary and Bernie make it look like the great Obama did nothing for the economy and this is because his policies have crippled the economy. This is why she said this:

Millions of Americans are "frustrated, even angry" about today's economy, Clinton said. Falling into poverty is a constant threat, and upward mobility is almost impossible. "Forget about getting rich," Clinton told the audience, "I'm talking about getting into the middle class and staying there."

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Health insurance is more expensive. Wages are stagnant or down. More part time employment has been created than full time. Lowest work participation in nearly four decades. Social Security QOLA is not changing. Regulations make the cost of doing business more punitive. Higher taxes are keeping trillions of dollars off shore. What employment is created doesn't keep up with the increasing population. The fed keeps dumping billions of electronic dollars into Wall Street. Most notably, interest rates are still hovering near zero.

But yeah, the economy is going gangbusters. Democrats should run on it

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You sound like a kool aid drinker.

You sound like someone that relies way too much on memes - and does very little thinking for himself

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join