It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Democrats threw Obama under the bus in last nights debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Let's face it, Obama has been a HORRIBLE President. Under Obama debt, income inequality and poverty has increased. If you listen to the Democrats, the economy is in worse shape than it ever has been. We're in economic Armageddon. Clinton said the bottom was fallen out under women in this economy. She said people no longer can reach the middle class in this economy. Here's some highlights:

“Already The Worst On Record Since World War II,” The Most Recently Revised GDP Figures For 2015 Indicate The Economy Is “Weaker Than Previously Thought.” “The economic expansion—already the worst on record since World War II—is weaker than previously thought, according to newly revised data.” (Eric Morath, “The Worst Expansion Since World War II Was Even Weaker,” The Wall Street Journal, 7/30/15)

The U.S. Currently Has The “Lowest Labor Force Participation Rate In A Generation.” “The unemployment rate has been declining steadily, but that has come in significant part due to the lowest labor force participation rate in a generation.” (Jeff Cox, US Created 142K Jobs Vs 203K Expected,” CNBC, 10/2/15)

Middle-Wage Occupations “Have Collapsed” Under Obama, With 900,000 Fewer Workers Since Before He Took Office. “Meanwhile, many middle-wage occupations, those with average earnings between $32,000 and $53,000, have collapsed. Jobs in the middle include traditionally blue-collar occupations such as truck drivers, welders and auto mechanics. There are 900,000 fewer workers in these occupations than there were before the recession, the report finds.” (Josh Zumbrun, “Post Recession Job Growth Coming In High-Wage Positions,” The Wall Street Journal, 8/17/15)

“Shadow Unemployment” Has Put “Significant Pressure On Wages” Because The Unemployment Figure “Isn’t Really As Low As It Looks.” “And it turns out that they put significant downward pressure on wages, too. In other words, it isn’t a mystery why wages haven’t started to rise like they normally do when unemployment get this low, because unemployment isn’t really as low as it looks.” (Matt O’ Brien, “Excited About An Upcoming Raise? Don’t Be.” The Washington Post, 8/4/15)

Under Obama the "evil rich" have gotten filthy rich. Bernie Sanders is always complaining about the top 1% but the top 1% love Obama because they've gotten richer under Obama.

16 years of Bush and Obama have been horrible for America. The problem is you have Democrats who blindly follow Obama and thinks he walks on water so you never get an honest assessment on how bad his policies has hurt this Country. It was the same way with Bush and the Republicans.

I hope we don't elect another ideologically driven candidate and one that's more of a pragmatist. Ideologue's make horrible Presidents because they think their ideology is the answer to all problems.

edit on 14-10-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

They don't much have a choice. If there are no problems to solve what on earth will current candidates promise? Seeing as how he has been in charge for the last 7 years he has to take blame for a portion of it. I would say that this is more a product of politics and less about Obama directly. Though being incompetent hasn't helped him, or Bush, or Clinton and so on.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The debate was nothing but a spotlight for hillary. Bernie is there to give th e illusion of a tight race on the democratic side and to give cover so she does not appear annointed.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
On the plus side, gas prices are still down so throwing him under the bus is a cost effective solution.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

On the plus side, gas prices are still down so throwing him under the bus is a cost effective solution.

Even that has nothing to do with him. The previous administration's granting exploration licenses and the fracking boom are directly relatable to the low price of oil. The lag between many of these licenses being granted and market realizations of the benefits can be up to 7-10 years.

edit on 14-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

They don't much have a choice. If there are no problems to solve what on earth will current candidates promise? Seeing as how he has been in charge for the last 7 years he has to take blame for a portion of it. I would say that this is more a product of politics and less about Obama directly. Though being incompetent hasn't helped him, or Bush, or Clinton and so on.

They would run on Obama's record.

Look at Al Gore. He was a horrible candidate but he still almost won because he stood on the shoulders of the Clinton economy. A big part of the Bush strategy was running against Monica and other scandals so Bush was played up as a family man who loved Laura.

If it wasn't for Monica, Gore would have won easily. If Gore was a better candidate he would have won easily.

What you will not hear is Bernie or Hillary running on the Obama economy. You will not hear them say we're going to continue the great work on Jobs or income inequality that has occurred under the Obama economy. They won't say this because they know the only people who will buy this is the kool-aid drinkers on the far left.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As if any of them can or will fix it. Lol It's the same thing every 4 years, people getting on a podium and making promises they don't plan on keeping.

I wonder when America will really wake up and realize that all politicians are the same on the inside but with a slightly different coat of paint on the outside.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

They would run on Obama's record.

Look at Al Gore. He was a horrible candidate but he still almost won because he stood on the shoulders of the Clinton economy. A big part of the Bush strategy was running against Monica and other scandals so Bush was played up as a family man who loved Laura.

If it wasn't for Monica, Gore would have won easily. If Gore was a better candidate he would have won easily.

What you will not hear is Bernie or Hillary running on the Obama economy. You will not hear them say we're going to continue the great work on Jobs or income inequality that has occurred under the Obama economy. They won't say this because they know the only people who will buy this is the kool-aid drinkers on the far left.

Nice point, I'll give it to you

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which, of course, is always the Democrat excuse when they deny the idea of "Drill, Baby, Drill!"

"But it would take up to 10 years to see any benefit from that ..."

Well, as you say, it's been 10 years, and Presto! Here are the benefits.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Throwing the current president at the end of two terms under the bus is standard operating procedure. By the end of 8 years people are usually sick of the President, and as a member of the same party you generally have to distinguish yourself by saying you're going to do things different. Even Gore did so coming after Clinton and Clinton left as being very popular. Bush Sr also did so after Reagan.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh BOY! Another Obama bash thread! Incoming several pages of right wing back patting and starring each other while everyone whines about Obama.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Oh BOY! Another Obama bash thread! Incoming several pages of right wing back patting and starring each other while everyone whines about Obama.

I'm sure there were absolutely NO threads laughing at the way none of the candidates wanted anything to do with Bush in 2008?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wouldn't know. I wasn't here then to complain about them.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you admit all you do is complain?

My mother had a saying about that ...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Heh... I gotta hand it to you, you took an Obama whine thread and turned it into an ad hominem against me. If you want to pretend like I'm making that admission, then go ahead. I'm exiting the thread now.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
As if any of them can or will fix it. Lol It's the same thing every 4 years, people getting on a podium and making promises they don't plan on keeping.

I wonder when America will really wake up and realize that all politicians are the same on the inside but with a slightly different coat of paint on the outside.

we might get lucky some day.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
no one on ats is innocent
we all have things we bash

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They really did not throw Obama under the bus.

They are running the SAME platform he did.

Evil rich, yadda yadda,yadda.

And we all know the president's party sure does love to complain about THINGS they don't have.

And they never look at what they DO have.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Strange, since the media almost exclusively harps on Republicans and not at all Obama or Democrats. Honestly it appears most of the time as if Republicans are running the show, which is of course by design.
edit on 14-10-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You're right , we need more GOP and Christian bashing threads! Why would we criticize the leader of the country? Psssssh, yall need to "move on" and focus on hating Republicans!
edit on 14-10-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join