It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

terrerforming mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When you stop to consider the fact that we can't even terraform Antarctica or the Sahara you'll realize that we're not likely to ever terraform a distant planet. Antarctica and the Sahara are much easier to get to, already have temperatures we can (more or less) live with, and already have a breathable atmosphere and they're still beyond our reach. When we;ve created a garden of at least a square mile in one of those areas, I'll believe there's a chance that 'someday' we'll do something on the moon or mars but not until then.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There's perhaps evidence we're already there, Try watching alternative 3 at www.anomalies.net...
We have only been told whats on mars by government, perhaps there is life sustainable conditions?

[edit on 1/5/2005 by l_iam]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senator
When you stop to consider the fact that we can't even terraform Antarctica or the Sahara you'll realize that we're not likely to ever terraform a distant planet. Antarctica and the Sahara are much easier to get to, already have temperatures we can (more or less) live with, and already have a breathable atmosphere and they're still beyond our reach. When we;ve created a garden of at least a square mile in one of those areas, I'll believe there's a chance that 'someday' we'll do something on the moon or mars but not until then.

the problem is we can never terraform antarctica or the sahara with out making 75% of the world useless..... to raise the temp of the south pole to a level of lets say 70 degrees the rest of the world would be in the 120-130 range all the time more or less killing off all life on this rock...

same goes with the sahara but in revierse. It is more likely that you might be able to fix it by setting off some H-bombs at ground level melting all the sand into glass. This would keep the sand from blowing around then you could try to plant grass and such over area's that you work with.

Now as for mars once we get megnetic sheilds in place and start pounding mars with coments it is very easy to bring up the temp to a level to support base life.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this, well... let's say practically, my entire life... must be the Aries in me... but I have always been strangely interested by Mars.
But that is just me... now on to some science-future!
With recent advances in technology, we have gained new understanding of what conditions may be required to manipulate life. The satellite that will melt through the frozen moon on Jupiter, plunging into it's subglacier oceans, may alter this view... and hopefully it does! (Can life be base on something other than carbon?) But even here on Earth, we find abundant life buried far away from the Sun, the internal heat of a planet or moon, can support life. It is found here on Earth around fissures in the crust's surface or near underwater volcanos. This life is sustained by the planets own energy. Do these volcano bacteria sustaining conditions exist on other planets, as well?
Time will tell, the satellite is on its way to begin the search. (That is, "gAss-u&me"-ing we used consistent units of measure during the calculations! Hopefully, NASA has learned, a thing or two, since the polar lander. Total Sidenote & OPPINION: METRIC SYSTEM is more logical, duh! I think NASA really found water, and that is why the Mar's Polar Lander "crashed"; but anyways.) Let's move on.

I have always been taught that outside the Van Allen belts, humans face lethal radiation from the Sun, while also being taught about the Apollo missions. Curious! How we got to the moon and back, through this deadly radiation... with no more than the computing power of some wristwatches! Is beyond me my comprehension! But Nonetheless!?! They made it somehow. Luck, maybe? Left the suits on? Magnets? Pure will of man? or was it God? I don't know... I believe we went, regardless. Got to believe in something, right?!? Again! But this time, all together now, "anyways"...

So, in order to terraform Mars we would require more than just an atmosphere, but also some way to shield ourselves from the ultaviolet and gamma radiation. Ozone? Magnets?

Ideally, we would want a planet with a moderate temperature, now earth is 92.9 million miles (149.6 million km) from the sun, Mars is 141.71 million miles away (227.9 million km)... that means=COLD... fortunately, (I think)we will need it to be COLD, because it is a crucial part of the needed criteria of this equation. Magnetism is also affected by temperature, and we are going to need some serious "god-magnets" to pull this off! Non-metallic superconducting materials exhibit some interesting properties when brought to absolute zero.

www.fys.uio.no...

If everything we need (chemicals and minerals, but frozen) are already on Mars, then we could control the mission from earth, without having to bring supplies. We would only require the tools to extract the right combination of chemicals to begin the life cycle. I, personally believe, that when we truly understand these forces of chemistry, physics, and nature; that we are getting a little closer to our own creator. Another wild oppinion! We even become the "creator" (s) ourselves... HOLY BLASPHEMY, BATMAN!!!

Now here is what I believe would be required to terraform Mars.

Magnets - Superconductors - Will of God - Artificial CORE

A complete understanding of physics, chemistry, magnetics, and nature would be crucial to maintaining balance in the soloar system.

But I still feel that with the right configuration, you could see physics, chemistry, magnetics, & superconductors; arranged in the right fashion to harness energy! WITHOUT BREAKING PRECIOUS RULE #1, or, RULE #2 of THERMODYNAMICS! Dispite what the opponents of perpetual machinery will tell you! (Bunch of 'know-it-all' 'oil-lovin' 'money-grubbin-fascists', if you ask me.) But Again, just my view!

The benefits of resonance and harmonics in frequencies may be the key to unlocking this unattainable "free-energy" riddle that nobody seems to WANT to figure out.

jnaudin.free.fr...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join