It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 400 U.S. Cities May Be 'Past The Point Of No Return' With Sea Level Threats

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know. We are just expected to believe anything you provide from your masters because you have been conditioned to obey.

And here's a serious question for you...how do you or we know that you haven't been conditioned to obey by your fossil fuel/talk radio masters?

You assume much. I question everything. I don't blindly obey.

Nor do I. I research this and read stuff on the Climate every day, almost. It's really happening, not because I blindly follow, but because I've researched it.

If you're convinced, then good for you. I'm not.

Could you provide credible links to your contradictory climate data. It works both ways cowboy....

or is it just a case of "all hat, no cattle"???
edit on 14-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I know. We are just expected to believe anything you provide from your masters because you have been conditioned to obey.

And here's a serious question for you...how do you or we know that you haven't been conditioned to obey by your fossil fuel/talk radio masters?

Because a lot of us dont watch any msm news or listen to it.

I guess i was conditioned by not partaking in it?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

You are certainly being affected by it if you've come to the conclusion that climate change isn't real.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Because a lot of us dont watch any msm news or listen to it.

I guess i was conditioned by not partaking in it?

I watch no main stream media either. I get my info from research and scientific sources.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nor do I. I research this and read stuff on the Climate every day, almost. It's really happening, not because I blindly follow, but because I've researched it.

I realize that I've done it to you as well, but you're blindly making some assumptions, as is Sunwolf, that we aren't researching this stuff and that we aren't listening to science. You guys make it seem like we turn on MSNBC and heard Al Gore talk about a hockey stick and jumped on some imaginary bandwagon. Nothing could be further from the truth, as I've told you before, I research and follow up with sources from NASA and other scientific organizations and some of the best universities on the planet. They're all basically telling me the same thing. How would I not listen to them? Who should I be reading and listening to? You tell me, please.

You seem reasonable. I've been reading about ice core samplings. Seems the data is expansive enough to provide more than just a few years of numbers. I've read different studies and will continue to do so. I'm no scientist, so it'll take me more time than some others.
Even then, I read these things with skepticism. At best, they are all guesses backed up by data that can be interpreted many different ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Could you provide credible links to your contradictory climate data. It works both ways cowboy....

Why? Because you are so convinced, I have to prove the opposite? I don't care what you think or believe. Which is why I question the pro man made climate people. Why do you need to convince me? Just fix whatever you want and be done with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I realize that I've done it to you as well, but you're blindly making some assumptions, as is Sunwolf, that we aren't researching this stuff and that we aren't listening to science. You guys make it seem like we turn on MSNBC and heard Al Gore talk about a hockey stick and jumped on some imaginary bandwagon. Nothing could be further from the truth, as I've told you before, I research and follow up with sources from NASA and other scientific organizations and some of the best universities on the planet. They're all basically telling me the same thing. How would I not listen to them? Who should I be reading and listening to? You tell me, please.

You seem reasonable. I've been reading about ice core samplings. Seems the data is expansive enough to provide more than just a few years of numbers. I've read different studies and will continue to do so. I'm no scientist, so it'll take me more time than some others.
Even then, I read these things with skepticism. At best, they are all guesses backed up by data that can be interpreted many different ways.

But everything is a guess. Evolution is a guess. But there is a huge consensus of Scientists that tell me evolution is real, so I'm going with them. Almost the same amount of scientists that back evolution, back Man Made Global Warming. That's why I believe it. Also NASA, it's a conspiracy site here, but I'm going with NASA and the evidence they've provided me that we actually went to the Moon. I have to believe NASA on this as well.

You said it yourself, that you're no scientist and neither am I. I have to listen to and believe real, actual scientists. They're telling me that Man Made Global Warming is a real thing, so I'm listening to them. I don't have the time to conduct my own research.

I also can't do research to prove that the earth isn't flat and that the sun doesn't revolve around the earth and that John Carter doesn't live on Mars and that the earth isn't hallow and that hurricanes aren't gods wrath for not supporting Israel enough. I just have to believe Scientists.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why? Because you are so convinced, I have to prove the opposite? I don't care what you think or believe. Which is why I question the pro man made climate people. Why do you need to convince me? Just fix whatever you want and be done with it.

I totally agree with you.

Let the people worried about it foot the bill for whatever it is they believe. I believe the climate will change regardless of man being here or not and I am not going to pay anyone for it changing naturally.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If cities are so worried about sea level rising, they should start building inland more. I don't believe it's carbon causing the sea levels to rise. We see ancient stone structure under water around the world. In the long run it would be cheaper to move more inland. Sooner or later mother nature will win. Look at what happened to levee's in New Orleans.

Let's blame climate change on carbon while ignoring what 70+ years of clear cutting of our forests around the globe has caused. China and India population is over 2.5 billion. We have seen how much pollution they release into the environment.
All the government is trying to do with carbon is find a new source of revenue. We already have a system in place that will raises the efficiency standard on appliances/vehicles over time. Natural gas and power companies are offering customers rebates if they go with high efficiency furnace or hot water system. Our old natural gas furnace was 80% efficient, our new one is over 95% efficient. Our natural gas company gave us $550 rebate for going with over 94.9% efficient furnace. We used that rebate towards replacing our 13yr old hot water tank.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
If cities are so worried about sea level rising, they should start building inland more. I don't believe it's carbon causing the sea levels to rise. We see ancient stone structure under water around the world. In the long run it would be cheaper to move more inland. Sooner or later mother nature will win. Look at what happened to levee's in New Orleans.

Let's blame climate change on carbon while ignoring what 70+ years of clear cutting of our forests around the globe has caused. China and India population is over 2.5 billion. We have seen how much pollution they release into the environment.
All the government is trying to do with carbon is find a new source of revenue. We already have a system in place that will raises the efficiency standard on appliances/vehicles over time. Natural gas and power companies are offering customers rebates if they go with high efficiency furnace or hot water system. Our old natural gas furnace was 80% efficient, our new one is over 95% efficient. Our natural gas company gave us $550 rebate for going with over 94.9% efficient furnace. We used that rebate towards replacing our 13yr old hot water tank.

But that's part of the problem. When we can't even agree that the earth is warming, and politicians won't even talk bout climate change then no one is going to build sea walls or build more inland or change new construction codes etc. That's the problem. When Inhofe brings a snowball to congress claiming that the earth is not warming because.."snowball!". Then there are millions of people in the US that will listen to him and do nothing.

Maybe many people don't want to pay for anything that has to do with carbon or emmisions or pollution but this is one Core issue with Climate Change and Global Warming. Scientists know the earth is warming only republicans disagree because Talk Radio told them it's not warming and Inhofes snowball of course proves it.

Sea rise Mitigation, Sea walls, new building codes, new construction laws, relocating infrastructure, drought mitigation, plans for mass migrations, new irrigation systems, water shortage strategies, Green buildings, better insulation on existing houses, electricity grid improvements to mitigate brownouts and rolling black outs. That's what we should be talking about.
edit on 14-10-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wow that is callous. Are you also one the people who likes to suggest that we "glass" the Middle East too?

Psh... Can't work with someone or can't stand them, therefore they must die. Such a caveman mentality...

So you assume and infer i think that then use that to prosecute me.....ya sounds just like AGW " science" used as it was intended.

I said what i meant, to the letter, without exception or reservation.

But by all means

Keep assuming idiotic things not grounded in facts or reality

That is what your religion requires of the " faithful"

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ew ew

check out this

Ancient forest lies 10 miles off the Alabama coast
blog.al.com...

Based on historic sea level depths, Mimi Fearn, head of the Earth Sciences Department at the University of South Alabama, said the forest was likely 10,000 to 12,000 years old. Research conducted for a scientific paper titled “Sea-level history of the Gulf of Mexico since the Last Glacial Maximum“ suggests a slightly broader range of 8,000 to 14,000 years old, due to the confounding influence of sediments from the Mississippi River.

“If you look back, current stands of sea level weren’t reached until 4,000 years ago. Before that, your absolute low stands would have been during the last glacial maximum about 18,000 years ago. After that, you have a gradual rise over the next period of time,“ Fearn said, discussing the geologic history of coastal Alabama.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hell, villages in Bangladesh are being abandoned due to the encroaching waters of the bay of Bengal. A country of 150-200 million people very well may disappear into the sea within our lifetime - and encroaching waters is but one of many ecological disaster that is striking Bangladesh at the moment, but you won't hear that much about it in the western mass media, because who cares about Bangladesh?? You don't think humans have an effect on their natural environment, go to Bangladesh and take a look around - smell the air, taste the water, see it for yourself. It's not pretty - Bangladesh also happens to be one of the most densely populated countries in the world, is horrendously polluted, and has sky-high poverty rates.

Most developed nations are able to fight the currently encroaching waters through industry, but it's a finger plug in a leaking dam, and most civil engineers who work in these cities (Miami/New York/Boston/New Orleans) are well aware of the looming disaster of encroaching waters as they work every day to try and contain them. These climate problems are effecting us now, it's just that those who are most effected are in some of the poorest areas in the world, and who gives two #s about those hut dwellers?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

But isn't the earth only like 6,000 years old?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Because i for one champion the end of the idiots on both coasts.

Never seen a coastal American city that wasnt a pit, and deserved to be removed from humanities existence.

Most of the dwellers there need to die with them as well.

Or...yeah! What you said! Okay then!

I'm fine with that, actually. I'm in the dead center of the US. No worries about being submerged. The river could rise 200 feet and I'd still be high and dry.

So ..... let's go with your plan, then!!

Way, way cheaper.

You convinced me, johnwick! Well done.

Lol, wasnt trying to, judt stating my view.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

If it's too late to do anything about rising sea levels then exactly what do the people feel cutting carbon emissions will accomplish?. It's too late but we can still spend money, tax, and implement laws?

Too late but we can prevent it??? Little odd

To prevent things being even worse DUH!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
*SIGH*
This thread is under water already with the level of bickering and Off Topic remarks.......so let's bring the level back down and STAY ON TOPIC

More Than 400 U.S. Cities May Be 'Past The Point Of No Return' With Sea Level Threats

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

If it's too late to do anything about rising sea levels then exactly what do the people feel cutting carbon emissions will accomplish?. It's too late but we can still spend money, tax, and implement laws?

Too late but we can prevent it??? Little odd

To prevent things being even worse DUH!!!

Amazing, ain't it?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Utt Oh , Better Buy a Boat........If You Actually Believe that Fiction .

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join