It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 400 U.S. Cities May Be 'Past The Point Of No Return' With Sea Level Threats

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The climate change chicken littles are at it again,like a starving used car salesman,they have got to make that sale!
The nearest i can come to a description of their ideology is some sort of religion,naah,not even a religion,more like hydrophobia or epileptic spasms.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Wow that is callous. Are you also one the people who likes to suggest that we "glass" the Middle East too?

Psh... Can't work with someone or can't stand them, therefore they must die. Such a caveman mentality...
edit on 14-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Because i for one champion the end of the idiots on both coasts.

Never seen a coastal American city that wasnt a pit, and deserved to be removed from humanities existence.

Most of the dwellers there need to die with them as well.

Or...yeah! What you said! Okay then!

I'm fine with that, actually. I'm in the dead center of the US. No worries about being submerged. The river could rise 200 feet and I'd still be high and dry.

So ..... let's go with your plan, then!!

Way, way cheaper.

You convinced me, johnwick! Well done.

edit on 10/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
The climate change chicken littles are at it again,like a starving used car salesman,they have got to make that sale!
The nearest i can come to a description of their ideology is some sort of religion,naah,not even a religion,more like hydrophobia or epileptic spasms.

Yeah god forbid that we want to put the evidence out there so that people will come to their senses so we can DO something, but yeah I guess it is just easier to casually dismiss anything presented rather than actually use your brain and risk learning something.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Or...maybe some of us are reading science articles and listening to scientists and then googling sources from credible scientific organizations and universities to confirm what we're reading....discounting propaganda sites like huffpost, breitbart, foxnews, msnbc, but going straight to NASA etc.

It almost seems like the climate change deniers are at it again, like starving used care salesmen, then have got to make that sale! The nearest I can come to a description of their ideology is some sort of religion, naah, not even a religion, more like hydrophobia or epileptic spasms. See I can describe you with the same words you use to describe me. Now ask yourself, why is it so important for you to make fun of me or discount what I'm saying just because you don't believe in Science? Tell me why I should believe you over NASA?
edit on 14-10-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
did the water level change or did the ground move?

or both

Scientist finds topography of Eastern Seaboard muddles ancient sea level changes
phys.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Oh you forget, see all those places (The IPCC, NASA, other climate organizations, etc) are all corrupt, so all we can rely on is honest publications like Breitbart and Fox News. They wouldn't lie to us about Climate Change right? After all they are saying the OTHER side are the liars. Sounds like some good logic to me. No?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know. We are just expected to believe anything you provide from your masters because you have been conditioned to obey.

And here's a serious question for you...how do you or we know that you haven't been conditioned to obey by your fossil fuel/talk radio masters?

You assume much. I question everything. I don't blindly obey.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Stick around. You might learn something.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
did the water level change or did the ground move?

or both

Scientist finds topography of Eastern Seaboard muddles ancient sea level changes
phys.org...

Now that makes more sense than CO2 melting all the ice and raising the sea level by 2000 ft or whatever the chicken littles are claiming!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Stick around. You might learn something.

Oh. I'm getting quite an education.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I know. We are just expected to believe anything you provide from your masters because you have been conditioned to obey.

And here's a serious question for you...how do you or we know that you haven't been conditioned to obey by your fossil fuel/talk radio masters?

Nor do I. I research this and read stuff on the Climate every day, almost. It's really happening, not because I blindly follow, but because I've researched it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Cool. Good deal.

You've been here six weeks, man. Newbie paid shill or not - you have much to learn.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I don't believe this for a second. You are clearly relying on your confirmation bias in this thread. I haven't seen you ONCE go through the evidence presented in the OP and present counter evidence that would refute it (which is an example of actually questioning something). Nor have I seen you question the evidence I presented on the fossil fuel industry paying off climate change denier scientists to the tune of millions of dollars. Heck, at one point, you asked me a question about solutions saying that I didn't have any, I answered it, but you STILL ignored it and proceeded like I was forcing a solution on you. I've seen a lot of rhetoric and ad hominems that are par the course when talking to a denier though.

So if you question everything, why aren't you doing it in this thread? Instead stooping to insulting the opposing argument and not providing any facts of your own?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Cool. Good deal.

You've been here six weeks, man. Newbie paid shill or not - you have much to learn.

If I were paid, I'd obey a set of guidelines given to me by my masters. I question everything, I don't blindly follow ANY pack.

Just because I'm 6 weeks old here doesn't mean I was born 6 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You demand I share my findings, present a resume on my studies before I doubt your assertions?

No.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Nor do I. I research this and read stuff on the Climate every day, almost. It's really happening, not because I blindly follow, but because I've researched it.

If you're convinced, then good for you. I'm not.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You demand I share my findings, present a resume on my studies before I doubt your assertions?

No.

No I want you to actually present a counterargument if you want us to take you seriously. So far you just look like standard conservative parrot #432583, rattling off the standard talking points that deniers always rattle off without backing them up with facts. Heck you even worked the shill argument in there. You must be going for the conspiracy buzzword bingo.

Let's see off the top of my head:
"Climate Change isn't real"
"Climate Change is all about pushing solutions to make (who?) a bunch of money"
"I'm (krazysh0t) am a shill"
heck even you saying that you question everything is a conspiracy buzzphrase.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If you're convinced, then good for you. I'm not.

I realize that I've done it to you as well, but you're blindly making some assumptions, as is Sunwolf, that we aren't researching this stuff and that we aren't listening to science. You guys make it seem like we turn on MSNBC and heard Al Gore talk about a hockey stick and jumped on some imaginary bandwagon. Nothing could be further from the truth, as I've told you before, I research and follow up with sources from NASA and other scientific organizations and some of the best universities on the planet. They're all basically telling me the same thing. How would I not listen to them? Who should I be reading and listening to? You tell me, please.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What phase are we in?

What are the characteristics of deniers?

I have long, long, long been of the opinion there is a correlation between people on this earth who can't wait to the next place and climate change denial. And then there are those who just want to rape the earth for their own gain who use the former.

edit on 10/14/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join