It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: North Korea Raises Threats Of Nuclear War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Come on now! Who in their right mind would want to initiate diplomacy with a government threatening the use of nuclear weaponry?

I say blow them SOBs to HELL and do it quickly!

Is this more Bush-bashing? ...FYI - I don't support punishing a whole nation full of innocent people for one man's .....emotional incompetence. I am horrified that anyone would make such a suggestion.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
WyrdeOne I agree with you on NK, and also on US taking away diplomacy to go on a war rampant thinking that good things comes from doing pre-emptive strikes, I feel we has lost respectability for doing that.

JoeDoaks I agree I also don’t see US attacking NK is not reason for that now.

Kagki I got the feeling that the Bush administration list of Axil of Evil and possible enemies of US is to long to have it publish. He, he, he.

Caz I agree, China is very involved on what is going on with NK and I bet they can pull the string if they need too, and also with the US market open for Chinese goods I think China will keep US happy at least just if is for appearances. I agree also that China is now becoming a player in the business world and money and profits will be top priority for them.

Muaddib I agree, we don’t own the world but US through economic ties can pull anybodies strings around the world.

Interlearthling I think if we blow any SOB we probably will start the beginning of the nuclear holocaust we the way things are around the world almost every other country in the middle east has nuclear power, lest not forget that now.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is not a good thing that is happening there.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
North Korea has made startling new threats towards the United States in a New Years editorial printed in the communist states three major newspapers. The editorials are a turnaround from the previous years messages for stability in the troubled region.

Washington Times
Pyongyang, North Korea, Jan. 2 (UPI) -- Pyongyang warned the danger of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula is growing in a New Year's editorial published in North Korea's three major newspapers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"The danger of a nuclear war is growing on the Korean peninsula as the days go by, owing to the U.S. moves to stifle the (North Korea),"

"All Koreans should stage a powerful struggle for peace against war in order to drive the U.S. troops out of South Korea, remove the very source of a nuclear war and defend the peace and security on the Korean peninsula."

The threats of the North may be a prelude to forthcoming Nuclear talks. The notoriously difficult regime headed by Kim Jong-Il has long sought after nuclear weapons and this saber rattling may be an indication of the presence of working weapons. The next logical step would be a nuclear test or a missile test.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
1) The US will not occupy North Korea.
2) The most that will happen is that they are bombed and get a strong embargo on them.
3) North Korea has nothing we (the US) wants.
4) To say China will attack the US over North Korea means you don't know what you are talking about and is ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Indeed, the only reason China doesn't want to see the North Korean regime collapsing is the fact that following such institutional breakdown, there would be a massive influx of refugees to China

(and china has enough of it's own people)

Also, the treat of a nuclear "war" is at best minimal. I don't believe that because North Korea had ONE nuclear test that they have a whole nuclear arsenal mounted on ICBMs ready to smoke the US western coast...

Even if the US forces would be relocated from South Korea, the problem would still remain (They would get relocated where... Japan most probably...)

The US army in Asia doesn't own South Korea, the differences between the northern and southern regime remains

At the very worst, I see a unilateral limited nuclear offencive from North Korea, and a limited US airborn response on a few tactical target and a very strong embargo

Nothing that would be apocalyptic and frankly, What would be acceptable targets for a North Korean nuclear weapon? SouthKorea? Good stuff for a regime bent on reunifying the peninsula... Hawai? Hmm Field Tests tell me they shouldnt hope to reach the area too much... Japan? might try to hit the US forces there... while hitting a #load of collateral damage... The best target I would see is Tokyo (for a large force demonstration, that's where I would hit)

PS: NK suitcase nukes are nonexistent in my opinion, so blasting continental US is at best a dream of Kim Jong

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join