It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see something so sad ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Disappearing Tree's with the urban sprawl are killing all the wildlife in my area and when I read this it brought a tear to my eyes knowing we as a race are destroying the place we live in for profit and wealth.

www.9news.com.au...

This poor Koala can't believe what it is seeing, its whole range destroyed for some developers hip pocket.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Yes, that is very sad!

Often we hear about all the deforestation that occurs "over there". I am sorry that is occurring in your area. And seeing that poor Koala amidst all that devastation was very sad. But at least they are going to relocate him. What makes me really sad is what wildlife was destroyed and missed during all that destruction?

We need to take notice of what we are doing to our fragile planet.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well the only other option I can see is mega cities not expanding across the land but going up.
We have a rising population.

No pun intended honest lol.
edit on 14-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

SHOUT it out loud and clear OP. It is happening in most places of the earth now, even where people do not live like the Arctic and Antarctic. The infestation of locust humans is the source of the earth's next mass ELE. Of course, humans are the weakest and will be one of the first to suffer. It will be long and drawn out torture, "not with a bang but a whimper", which I clearly see happening already in many insidious creeping forms.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What makes me sad is the fact that rain forests, and well just forests in general are where they are because that's where they can be per mother earth. They would be everywhere flourishing, but no, earth says they can only grow and THRIVE in certain areas. In comes man, herp derp herp derp tree herp derp herp derp cut. Forests, ESPECIALLY rainforests cannot just be replaced. Not in our lifetime to a considerable amount at least.

So much land on earth, so much FERTILE, NON-FOREST, UNINHABITED land on earth. But screw it let's kill some trees.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Im embarrassed to be part of the human species

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Send the koala to Russia. Mr Putin seems to like them and he has lots of wilderness

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well In Australia we have plenty of empty desert land that is pretty useles - perfect for city building, but nooooo people want to mow down forests and trees so they can have sea views.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace
Im embarrassed to be part of the human species

Yes, that is what I feel, too. The older I get the more I am ashamed. I actually do feel genuinely disgusted. I experiment on myself to try not to be as much of a verminous pest. It is interesting to experiment with one's life to see what choices we can make to create less of a destructive impact. Slowly I am learning and I am always trying to change my behaviour as I learn. Some of the people I know they make the mistake of doing TOO MUCH even though it be more ecologically minded. The impact they have is even MORE destructive than otherwise with all their trendy projects. Less behaviour helps best, to stop trying to be the biggest. Gentle, quiet humble living is what has the least impact.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If I had an army .....

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sigh..

I didn't even look because I've seen enough lately. Just watched Blood Lions and that was as much depression as I needed for at least a few days before I need to remind myself and get pissed off again enough to speak up and do my part to help.

This is why a free market free for all has to be reigned in and we need a sociological, environmental and economical revolution.

When a logger sees a forest, he sees x amount of wood minus x amount of cost and that's his idea of its value. A dollar amount determined by a completely inefficient economical system. The natural value of that tree goes far and beyond our idea of some arbitrary, artificial dollar value. That's why simply promising to plant a tree somewhere else doesn't make up for it. That tree that was destroyed was alive for hundreds, sometimes thousands, of years establishing itself and becoming an integral part of a precious and complex ecosystem.

And when a logger, or wall street trader looks at it he sees a piece of wood.

Sad!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Well In Australia we have plenty of empty desert land that is pretty useles - perfect for city building, but nooooo people want to mow down forests and trees so they can have sea views.

Absolutely stupid how we # in our own nests, we have lots of land that is practically useless and instead we build over our best farming lands. I understand that it is a problem that has grown out of our history but 50 years ago this could have been stopped. It doesnt even have to be in the desert, there are large areas of each state that have piss poor soils that cant even support a healthy native wildlife.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Thank you I needed a laugh, after the sad post,

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There is not one thing on this planet that we have not attempted to rape or corrupt.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzrothWant to see something so sad ?

Nope.

new topics

top topics

join