It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help from my fellow atsers:)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So i am writing a paper for school, and wanted to reference the patriot act and how it went from protecting america agaisnt "terrorism" to spying and illegal detainment of americans. Is this even a thing? I know there are many people on ats more knowledgeable than I on the subject and would like their input, links, videos, basically anything i could use to get my point across. I would of done my own research, but this idea didnt come to me 1 day before the deadline so i want to focus on the other parts of my paper and put this part in last minute, cause even though it is a small part of the paper i think it will help get my point across. I appreciate any help i can get, thanks ats
edit on 14-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Here is an idea... explain to your teachers how the Patriot Act is an invasion on every American's privacy. Explain how it was lawlessly enacted. Honesty attracts criticism, so be prepared...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I so wish I could help. But I do not know much about the subject :/. Or at least enough to help with the paper.

Good luck

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
There are several physical changes I could list, but it's bed time for me so I'll offer you this insight.

9/11 created the biggest sense of US nationalism seen world-wide since...you guessed it, WW1 AND WW2. Nationalism, nowadays you still hear people say they hate us for our freedoms. Nationalism, thinking that the US is "exceptional".

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Patriot Act that first signed by Bush and resigned by Obama has expired. However, it was replaced the USA Freedom Act which re-enacts parts of the Patriot Act and is said to be more invasive. Suggest checking out some threads on search about the NDAA(droning) issues to NSA spying as well.

USA Freedom Act

Ron Paul

Here's what's wrong with it.

To not really curbing NSA spying!

Ran Paul's explanation. He also did a participated in a filibusterer against the NDAA.

Snowden who revealed NSA to the masses, making it more than just a Conspiracy Theorists observation and worry. Keywords: PRISM(see here),

Also see;
Wiki:
Very important to be aware of; Echelon

Xkeyscore

The British Version of the NSA
GCHQ shares data withthe NSA

Thread:
DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Try looking on the aclu's website. They have a ton of good (credible) info specifically on this topic. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Go to you tube and look up storm clouds gathering. He puts out some interesting vids there.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

thanks guys was able to find something to put in paper. and my paper is done, midnight oil officially burnt

new topics

top topics

join