It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proxy War Between Russia, USA, Iran And Various Countries IN Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Here is some information on what has been happening on the 26th of October

In other news the Kurds are being targeted by Turkey in Syria. . . .
www.therepublic.com...
Kurdish fighters say Turkey shot at its forces deployed in northern Syrian town
The main Kurdish fighting force in northern Syria says Turkish army units have targeted their forces deployed across the border in a majority Arab town.

The U.S.-supported Kurdish group known as the YPG says Monday on its official Facebook page that Turkish military shot at its forces deployed in Tal Abyad twice Sunday, using mostly machine guns.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here is a congress woman speaking about Syria and she makes alot of sense to me, I have to say I agree with her, DO NOT FUND AL QUEDA! She should be the one running for president not those other clowns!

U.S. Congresswoman: CIA Must Stop Illegal, Counterproductive War to Overthrow Assad

Tulsi Gabbard - a Democrat from Hawaii and member of the Armed Services Committee - demonstrates great knowledge and courage to go against the grain in the US and explain the Syria situation along with Russian and US roles the way it is.
Speaking with Wolf Blitzer on CNN, Tulsi explains why the US allying with Islamist extremists to overthrow Syrian President Assad is an illegal, counterproductive war that will cause even more human misery in the region and help ISIS and other Islamist extremists take over all of Syria. Instead of once again being distracted by trying to get rid of a secular dictator, Tulsi explains, the US must stay out of counter productive wars and focus on defeating the Islamist extremists who have declared war on America.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I agree with this guy, send the Rednecks to Russia, China and whom ever else wants a piece of the action. It would make a good movie too.

ruvsuk.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

U.S. Congresswoman: CIA Must Stop Illegal, Counterproductive War to Overthrow Assad

Illegal war conducted by the CIA to overthrow Assad?

Bay of Pigs 2.0, anyone?
edit on 28-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So the war rages on and the terrorists seem to be working together to try to stop the government forces, 1000s of terrorist groups working as a single army is just a single army in my opinion with a bunch of different battalion names.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So it looks like Russia is trying to get various governments to respect international law when it comes to bombing in Syria. . . .

www.reuters.com...
Russia says no country can use military force in Syria without government approval:
Russia's deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Friday that no country could use military force in Syria without first securing the agreement of the Syrian government, the TASS news agency reported.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

BBC just reported the USA is going to put ground forces into northern Syria. There's a game changer if true, a complication too.

New York Times too www.nytimes.com... rst-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
edit on 30-10-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Not a new thing at all, during a the first cold war it was quite prevalent in the last one some of which are still classified.
This one seems to be parrallel to the old one.
edit on 30-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So along came special forces boots on the ground! i thought these dudes were there already I guess its offical now!

US Special Forces to Be Sent Into Syria

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Russia threats to use nukes..consciouslyenlightened.com...#< br /> TOLJA things would get interessting when MANPADS weapons showed up...from Libya.
edit on 31-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So it looks like there is a proxy war happening between various countries in Syria. This thread is to help us keep track of the developments and sides that form. Looking more like WW3 every day. . . . .

www.nytimes.com...
U.S. Weaponry Is Turning Syria Into Proxy War With Russia
BEIRUT, Lebanon — Insurgent commanders say that since Russia began air attacks in support of the Syrian government, they are receiving for the first time bountiful supplies of powerful American-made antitank missiles.

With the enhanced insurgent firepower and with Russia steadily raising the number of airstrikes against the government’s opponents, the Syrian conflict is edging closer to an all-out proxy war between the United States and Russia.

The increased levels of support have raised morale on both sides of the conflict, broadening war aims and hardening political positions, making a diplomatic settlement all the more unlikely.
[/yvid]

'ISIS is the proxy war'

Gen. Keane warns Putin starting proxy war with US

The Truth About Pipeline Politics in the Syrian Proxy War

Syrian civil war now a proxy war between US Russia

There has been a proxy war going on for over two years now. I've been saying it myself for that long. People denied it vehemently back then, but it was clear to anyone researching the issue in depth.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
RT and FOX? lol. Who are these insurgents? Well, could be ISIS they mean...but really, Assad and now Putin are attacking the Syrian people- the majority that have been trying to get Assad out. Very simple, no reason to try to make it sound complaicated.

That is really over simplistic and like a talking point straight from the Pentagon.

First of all, not only is Syria a proxy war it's also a full blown civil war. The insurgents, many of whom aren't even Syrian, are being armed, funded, and trained by the West and its regional allies. There is a phrase for that: funding terrorism. Moreover, the opposition is actually responsible for approximately half of the casualties in Syria, something CNN doesn't tell you does it now. Thirdly Assad IS the legitimate leader of Syria.

Foreign powers, including our own government, have been trying to overthrow him for over two years now so as to knock out a Russian/Iranian proxy and footprint in the ME, hence solidifying geo-political control. Iran has always been in the cross hairs too.
edit on 1-11-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

Illegal war conducted by the CIA to overthrow Assad?

Bay of Pigs 2.0, anyone?

Yup, this is EXACTLY what it is and has been for several years now. A CIA orchestrated regime change operation.

I can understand people who aren't involved or educated on international affairs thinking otherwise. But I can't really understand or respect those who do know such realms trying to claim things like "The US isn't involved" or "Why didn't Obama get involved in Syria" or "This is all about freedom and democracy."

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So Isreal has attacked the forces fighting against the ISIL/FSA terrorists yet again. . . .

www.jpost.com...
Report: Israeli Air Force attacked Hezbollah targets in Syria
Israeli fighter jets penetrated Syrian airspace and attacked numerous Hezbollah targets in the South of Syria, according to Syrian media Saturday.

Estimated targets included a weapons convoy destined for Hezbollah fighters traveling through Syria. According to reports, up to a dozen Israeli war planes conducted the mission close to the Lebenon-Syria border in the Qalamoun Mountains region.

Defense officials declined to comment on the report.

This would be the first attack attributed to Israel since Russia began operating in the area.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So here is some interesting news on the flight and discussion on the proxy war so far:

Rep Tulsi Gabbard on Troops in Syria: US should not help ISIS/Al-Qaeda overthrow Syrian government

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So the war rages on in Syria with both sides moving and counter moving.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So here is some front line fighting in the mountains, the terrorists are on the run in many areas from the looks of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here is more information on how the war is being waged, with various sides moving around Syria.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well it looks like Russia has started bombing the Turkish border and ISIL is on the run in various parts of Syria. They are losing in various places and thier supply lines are being cut off.

I wonder if thier tunnel network is being exposed as well?

[yvid]6ZS3swK5Ti4[yvid]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join