It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proxy War Between Russia, USA, Iran And Various Countries IN Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

BREMMER: 'We've already moved one step beyond a proxy war' in Syria The dynamics of the Syrian civil war, which began in March 2011, drastically changed last week when Russian war planes started bombing US-backed rebels in Syria's west and north under the guise of bombing ISIS. Now a war that saw Western, Turkish, and Gulf proxies — in addition to Syrian army defectors on one side fighting Iranian proxies and Russian hardware backing the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on the other — has reached a new level. "We've already moved one step beyond a proxy war, where the Americans/Europeans and Russians are arming two opposing sides in a war ... to where the Russians are now directly fighting Western proxies," Ian Bremmer, president of the Eurasia Group, told Business Insider via email. "The danger is that we move one step further still."......

Click the link to read the rest

Only a few more steps till we have a actual war between the main players and not the proxy's.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

It's very important that China joins Russia in Syria and starts to provide resources of all sorts.

The main resource of Chinese presence would be to tell US and its warmongering poodles to leave ME and stop simmering troubles in the region.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Here is china's stance on the Syrian Crises.

China: Russia, U.S. must avoid fighting proxy war in Syria

North Korea's stance toward US: North Korea says it's ready for war with U.S. as it marks anniversary

"The party's revolutionary armament means we are ready to fight any kind of war waged by the U.S. imperialists," Kim said in a speech strikingly more forceful than previous public comments, praising the feats of past leaders and the ruling party.

edit on 14-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

It's very important that China joins Russia in Syria and starts to provide resources of all sorts.

You can't trust the Chinese on anything. Russia has shown enormous "level headedness" in world politics. If I were a Russian, and Ukraine was my back yard ... nukes were flying, and I mean that. The Russians showed courage, there ... to fight a war, they might even lose. While they already have the weapons to ensure they don't.

This means, Russia is not going to escalate this into a full scale war ... the US knows this, and is playing "chicken" against the Russians. The problem with the US playing "chicken", is that they are used to everybody flinching ... so if Russia is going to take them on their bluff ... they MUST be willing to take it all the way, to nukes if need be. If not, all this is a waste of time.

China, is more interrested in money than anything else. All they wan't is cash ... their heart, is available for cash ... theyir country, their safety ... all is available for cash. Chinese are more capitalistic, than the US is ... and that's the greatest irony of all. You don't believe me, well take the islands China has created ... US violets their airspace, like who cares ... 12 miles, is the standard coast line. Not 4 miles, but 12 miles. So, China has this right ... but what do they do, when the US violates their airspace? They reply "go, go go away ... please, please hurry and go away". They don't even scramble an interceptor ...

And India? Don't want to offend them, but ... forget it. Talk to somebody from India and he's gonna boast, like he's got balls of iron ... the fact of the matter is, they didn't "earn" their place. It was given, they have no knowledge of the big game ... and can't play.

The only major supporter, that Russia can rely on ... is Iran.

But ... and here's the catch. If Russia wins ... then, my friend ... we're looking at a total game changer.

But ... that all depends on Russia being willing to take on the coalition ... but I afraid, the Russians don't want a war ... and will ... flinch.

This, is what Obama meant, when he said Russia had no allies. They already know ... their only "wildcard" is wether the Russians are ready to play the big game, or not. US analysts are betting, that Russia is doing this out of desperation rather than their dedication to play the game.

edit on 14/10/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
a reply to: MrSpad

Again, where are your proof/facts/stats/sources to support any of your opinions...

Deny Ignorance friends, opinions are not facts.

Syria had a population of 18 million in 2014 with millions more in refugees outside of Syria. 33% of Syria's population is under the age of 15. So that is 6 Million under the age of 15. That leaves us with a population of 12 million over the age of 18. 18 is the legal voting age in Syria. Since demographics on Syria do not give us a number for how many 16 and 17 years olds their are lets just pretend their are none and everybody else is 18 years or older. Impossible I know but, lets give Assad the benefit of the doubt. Also in a few countries some of Syria's 2.2 million refugees were allowed to vote at embassies. If they left Syria properly through a border post and not just sneaking out. Let us again be generous and say maybe half of them being of legal age, eligible with the correct paper work and in a country that allowed it voting. So that adds another 1 million voters and lets say they all voted for Assad. So 13 million voters on the generous side. No voting was allowed in rebel or Kurdish held areas. In 2014 Assad controlled a little over half of Syria. So lets say every single eligible voter in Assads controlled areas voted along with 1 million refugees. 11 million votes. That would mean that in the 50% of Syria controlled by the rebels and Kurds that their are only 2 million people over the age of 18 in that half of Syria. That is the only way to to work the math to make the Syrian election numbers work. And you wonder why the US, EU, GCC and UN did not take the vote seriously.

And I could post a dozen links about all the above and you would simply call it fake or propaganda etc. So lets go with common sense. How did Assad lose most of Syria with a 350,000 Army, Iran and Hezbollah reinforcements and popular support? You claim in 2014 73% of all Syrians turned out in the middle of a civil war and all supported Assad. So if only small group of Syrians oppose Assad. How is Assad losing so badly? You tell me.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Again, where are your proof/facts/stats/sources to support any of your opinions...

Deny Ignorance friends, opinions are not facts.

Syria had a population of 18 million in 2014 with millions more in refugees outside of Syria. 33% of Syria's population is under the age of 15. So that is 6 Million under the age of 15. That leaves us with a population of 12 million over the age of 18. 18 is the legal voting age in Syria. Since demographics on Syria do not give us a number for how many 16 and 17 years olds their are lets just pretend their are none and everybody else is 18 years or older. Impossible I know but, lets give Assad the benefit of the doubt. Also in a few countries some of Syria's 2.2 million refugees were allowed to vote at embassies. If they left Syria properly through a border post and not just sneaking out. Let us again be generous and say maybe half of them being of legal age, eligible with the correct paper work and in a country that allowed it voting. So that adds another 1 million voters and lets say they all voted for Assad. So 13 million voters on the generous side. No voting was allowed in rebel or Kurdish held areas. In 2014 Assad controlled a little over half of Syria. So lets say every single eligible voter in Assads controlled areas voted along with 1 million refugees. 11 million votes. That would mean that in the 50% of Syria controlled by the rebels and Kurds that their are only 2 million people over the age of 18 in that half of Syria. That is the only way to to work the math to make the Syrian election numbers work. And you wonder why the US, EU, GCC and UN did not take the vote seriously.

And I could post a dozen links about all the above and you would simply call it fake or propaganda etc. So lets go with common sense. How did Assad lose most of Syria with a 350,000 Army, Iran and Hezbollah reinforcements and popular support? You claim in 2014 73% of all Syrians turned out in the middle of a civil war and all supported Assad. So if only small group of Syrians oppose Assad. How is Assad losing so badly? You tell me.

Again with the whip-cream covered turds called cupcakes, and not a single source to back it up. Really questioning my thoughts of your insight in the past.

You said 18 million population in 2014, yet in 2013 they had 22+ million, and in 2015 they have 22+ million.

You have good insight usually, but I always trusted your personal stats. Once I look into them I see you exaggerate quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The main resource of Chinese presence would be to tell US and its warmongering poodles to leave ME and stop simmering troubles in the region.

China is busy in the South China Sea.
China doesn't care about the Russian base in Syria
China is sitting back saying your move, while the US and Russia are slamming out who will get kinged in checkers.

The Chinese prefer military tech from the US rather than Russia. Long story short, don't expect China in Syria

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

As it stands or is moving the only peaceful was is a political one . The problem is that the west demands that Asaud not be a part of a election . Why if the people would not vote for the guy would the west demand that Asaud not participate ? "

While Assad and his army may tend to disagree with Francois’s assumption about the Syrian Army’s position as it has already launched a fresh-ground attack against IS and gained significant success, his remarks also clearly fail to appreciate fully Iran’s own interests in Syria and how the Islamic Republic’s interests put it, as one of the leading countries, in the camp that opposes ‘the West.’

A military solution of Syrian crisis, said Iran’s foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in his last Monday meeting with Ban Ki-moon, is out of question. It needs to be solved through a political settlement. His four-point peace formula, therefore, includes a national unity government, ceasefire, anti-terrorism effort and constitutional reform.

Notwithstanding Zarif’s formula for peace, it must be taken into full consideration that Iran, just like Russia, is not ready to agree to any proposal that includes a minus-Assad clause. With Russia and Syrian army reportedly making huge strides against IS, the West’s, as also Saudi Arabia and Turkey’s, insistence on a minus-Assad formula seems to be losing its ground.

In fact, If Syrian army, assisted as it is being by Russia and Iran alike, succeeds in eliminating IS, how will ‘the West’, itself supposedly fighting against IS, be justified in demanding for Assad’s exit?

How rational would it sound to demand a regime’s exit that might have rid the word of a menace that ‘the West’ itself considers “seriously threatening” and, in Obama’s own words, “a wake-up call?”
atimes.com...

Given Syria's neighbours , If Syria wanted to have Asaud as King it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for that part of the world . Or if they (tptb) wanted to set up a system like Iran it wouldn't be out of the ordinary .Asaud has support and you bringing in election statistics for Syria during a "crazy war" "proxy war" means little .

Russia has the war in Syria in check . Russia has or is moving to put Turkey in check .Once Syria has most of it's territory under control again ,expect China to move in . Then the party will move to Iraq ...imo

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Why?!?

Because we simply CANNOT have a middle eastern country have a western educated, secular ruler, that doesn't buy into western ideologies rule. That seriously could be a bit too stable for the ME /sarc

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No he said "Syria had a population of 18 million in 2014 with millions more in refugees"

I presume he was deducting the registered refugees, that was something like 3 or 4 million.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99

No he said "Syria had a population of 18 million in 2014 with millions more in refugees"

I presume he was deducting the registered refugees, that was something like 3 or 4 million.

and most current stats show that the current refugee immigration is not largely Syrian, despite what Fox or CNN says.

So where are these stats MrSpad has? Google failed to find me anything similar to any stat he claimed. The population was just the most obvious one.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

30% according to RT.
1 in 3 'Syrian' refugees have fake IDs, German authorities admit

I was been conservative when i said 3 million so that would be 25% off the registered +4million.

edit on 14-10-2015 by joho99 because: Add link

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

It's only a matter of time before we have a US plane on route to delivering ammunition to rebels shot down to get it to spark it all.

That is the peace of the puzzle that's missing. The US government are dumb enough to put the peace on the table so lets see if the Russians are dumb enough to put it in place.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here is some more news on the current situation unfolding in Syria. . . . .

Syria: Russian air force hits 86 IS targets in one day
The Russian Air Force continued to launch sorties from Latakia air base on Tuesday, as they stepped up airstrikes on Islamic State (IS, ISIS, ISIL)

CNN has learned that the Iranian regime is sharing an airport with Russian forces in Syria. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says the Iranian and the Russian regimes are working out of an airport in Latakia in northern Syria.
The airport has already been used by Russian war planes to conduct airstrikes on rebels. Iran is using a portion of the airport to transport personnel and equipment to support the Syrian regime.
The war in Syria was a hot topic at the US democratic presidential debate. Sec. Hillary Clinton has been supporting the establishment of a no-fly-zone in Syria.
'We are already flying in Syria, just as we are flying in Iraq... What I believe and I have advocated is that the no-fly-zone, which of course would be within a coalition, be put on the table, because I am trying to figure out what leverage do we have to get Russia to the table. You know, diplomacy is not about getting to the perfect solution, it is about how you balance the risk, and I think we have an opportunity here,' Secretary Hillary Clinton said during the Democratic presidential debate last night.
According to CNN, Iran regime is using the airport to transport personnel and equipment to the section of the base. This airbase has been used in the fight in the western part of the country, where Iranian forces are working with the Syrian regime forces as well as their Lebanese ally, Hezbollah to take on anti-regime forces.

edit on 14-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
WW3 happened when they killed Gadafi.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You are correct about India, they are not big game players.

However, China should understand that if it does not stand with Russia now then later on China will be targeted by NATO as targeting 1 at a time is the modus operandi of the west. China should send in a couple of squadrons to Syria to conduct bombing on the Jihadist elements.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are correct about India, they are not big game players.

However, China should understand that if it does not stand with Russia now then later on China will be targeted by NATO as targeting 1 at a time is the modus operandi of the west. China should send in a couple of squadrons to Syria to conduct bombing on the Jihadist elements.

Sure, China "should" ... but didn't you read their memo? they're chickening out. Both Russia and China "should" literally take this "proxy" war and fight it. Winner takes all ... the US has already messed it up so bad, that the entire region is in flames. They can't do any worse ...

But, taking that step ... to face the US, is a big step. Once it's taken, you can't back off ... you've gotta play to win. But, I seriously doubt the Chinese have any balls for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think the war will be fought between nations in the form of terrorism. Big armies are just for show, special forces will start to take thier place. Covert war will be waged rather than open war. Gorrila warfare is the way future wars will be fought with human shields.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

You really think they would go against their biggest importer of Chinese goods...

United States: $397,150,820,000 (17% of China’s total exports)

www.worldstopexports.com...

I don't see that happening.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

the US has already messed it up so bad, that the entire region is in flames.

Pretty sure it was that way long before you can blame the US for it.

They can't do any worse ...

Oh, but they can...

The UK, US, France, Germany, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey voiced "deep concern" over Moscow's actions as Russian jets carried out a third day of airstrikes in the war-torn country.

They said in a statement they are especially concerned about "attacks by the Russian Air Force on Hama, Homs and Idlib since yesterday (Thursday) which led to civilian casualties and did not target Daesh (IS).

news.sky.com...

Not caring about killing civilians shows it can be worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join