It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing With Annoying Little Watch Screws / Watchband Screws That Constantly Become Loose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just and FYI for anyone who has had those little annoying watchband or watch screws come loose.

Have you tried to buy tiny screwdrivers?

Have you have used your fingernail?

Took it to a jewelry store for help?

Well, I have found the answer!

A damned Q-tip. Yes, simply get a Q-tip, press it into the screw and turn. It is that simple. The cotton catches inside the groove, you simply press into the screw and spin the Q-tip. Works with glasses and any other tiny screw I have tried.

Just a public service announcement.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
All for it. Thanks!!

For what its worth I'll add to it, & if you need the screws to STAY tight, place a fine drop of varnish on the screw & it will seal shut. Can be unscrewed but the varnish but be broken in order to do so.

"Efficiency is intelligent laziness."

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If you have some that always come loose, painting a very small amount of clear nail polish on before tightening can help. Especially if it's not one that you need removed often! Just a spot won't prevent removal, but it can help hold them tighter. Eyeglasses, especially, this is handy!

Never heard the Q-Tip thing before; how handy!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Put a drop of the red Loc-Tite on your screws.
It will never come out again.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the q-tip tip! I see those little eye glass repair kits with the tiny screw drivers all the time, but they seem to cease to exist when I go to buy one, because I need it.

With the clear nail polish, use non acetone nail polish remover when you need to remove the screw.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Just and FYI for anyone who has had those little annoying watchband or watch screws come loose.

Have you tried to buy tiny screwdrivers?

Have you have used your fingernail?

Took it to a jewelry store for help?

Well, I have found the answer!

A damned Q-tip. Yes, simply get a Q-tip, press it into the screw and turn. It is that simple. The cotton catches inside the groove, you simply press into the screw and spin the Q-tip. Works with glasses and any other tiny screw I have tried.

Just a public service announcement.

Thanks for that but what is a Q-tip ???????? got a pic by any chance?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yes, got a set of tiny screw drivers but can't actually pick up the darn screws to get them in straight! But I have found a shop that puts in new batteries so I will be hotfooting it there. Couldn't get over how not wearing a watch can be such a nuisance, its something I take for granted. I like Survivals ideas also except I can image the aggro trying to unscrew the tiny bu--ers.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I'm a watch collector [ I have over 40 ] and I've never had screws just fall out like that. I've popped the pins on a wristband, but that's it. A little Green Loctite will hold them in, but allow you to remove them if you need to adjust the band later. Do Not Use Red Loctite. You'll never get it apart again.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I'm a watch collector [ I have over 40 ] and I've never had screws just fall out like that. I've popped the pins on a wristband, but that's it. A little Green Loctite will hold them in, but allow you to remove them if you need to adjust the band later. Do Not Use Red Loctite. You'll never get it apart again.

Same here. I have never had a screw just 'fall out' of any of my watches and if they did it means there is an issue and they are going back to Switzerland for warranty repair.

I also concur with the Loc-tite comment. I have sold that to customers in the past, if you use the red you better have zero plans of removing that in the future.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Wish I was a better photographer, but here's my Vostok N1, that I got several years ago. Lucked out and got #265 out of 3000.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Cool watch, not familiar with those, I'll have to check them out.

This is my favorite, it has actually gone up every year in value since I bought it:

new topics

top topics

join