It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in your own words: have you ever died,came back to life and shared about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
religious or not,atheist or not.one way or another one day we will all go.some have gone,yet came back (welcome back).what did you see? whats your religion? see family members? describe any/all details.how long were you gone? the infamous death question of them all: heaven and hell,did you go there? how did you die? any advice for the rest of us?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah sure I used to die when I was younger and sleeping, my breathing would stop and so would my heart.

I would experience leaving my body and going to other worlds sometimes, also the infinate energy around us becomes clear when your not in your body.

Interesting stuff, I was relieved when my breathing started up again and I could feel my heart start up again.

Strange being dead doesnt feel so bad and it can be blissful, however the energy levels are more than our limited egos can comprehend.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

Never clinically died, but left my body on occasion.

Those are the most revealing moments.

Like leaving society and going off grid, theres no perspective like looking at life from the outside, in.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Experiencing God requires a death of the limited Ego, your "worldly self"
I have almost died and I can attest that it was supremely difficult, as I had no forewarning and i't hard to let go of your entire life on Earth and all you know and hold dear in a very short time as the shadow approaches.
Perhaps it isn't so bad if you have time to prepare to go peacefully.
I am sure there is eternal life but I think most of us till have work to do.
According to many traditions we come back many many incarnations so the effort is required to let go of the ego centered delusion, the ultimate goal being self realization.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You said one way or another in your OP, so heres mine.
I died when i became a drug addict. The world continued and my existence seemed to halt in the moment.
The sun came up and set everyday and i never noticed. My kids birthdays came and went. Although i was always there for them,mi never was truely "there"

Then it all changed the day i got sober. I remember that day perfectly. My wife and i took the kids to the marina to watch a movie on the big screen at one of my cities family events.
The sun was setting out over the lake, the sky was pink, warm air came in with the waves. I ran my hands threw the dampening grass we where sitting on. I felt tears in my eyes. i was so happy.
I looked at my kids all watching the movie and i just broke out in tears.
I was feeling emotions again. I forgot how beautiful everything really is. I wasnt just an empty husk of a person anymore. I was becoming myself again.
That day i truely came back from 5 years the dead And havent looked back since -2 years june 2

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dripper
religious or not,atheist or not.one way or another one day we will all go.some have gone,yet came back (welcome back).what did you see? whats your religion? see family members? describe any/all details.how long were you gone? the infamous death question of them all: heaven and hell,did you go there? how did you die? any advice for the rest of us?

It is so weird that I should happen upon this thread after hitting the wrong button. While this didn't happen to me, it happened to a close friend. I don't want to go all Jesus on anyone so when I describe this, I'm not attempting to sway any beliefs nor am I pushing an agenda. I'm Buddhist so it doesn't affect me personally. But, his story blew me away. He tried to tell another family member but he was dismissed as "crazy". I was the only one who listened to what he had to say. I may even have the screen shots I can share privately but I don't want to blast his name on the web.

Ya know, we're older so we've come to that point where we really start looking at life and examining it, looking for the truth of it all. He was getting pressure from his fiancee to attend church. Being an atheist, he believed all religion was a scam to keep people in line and profit from that control but he went anyway to make her happy. He's a good guy, ya know. Anyway, after going a few times he told me it was starting to get old and so he prayed to God and said if you are real, cause chaos in my life. Do something that will prove to me that you exist. Within a week, he began having blackouts. I mean, you would be talking to him and he would just, boom, pass out. It started happening a lot, too. It happened to him everywhere. Home, work, in a bar once, etc and it started happening with more frequency. He went to the Doctor and they couldnt find anything wrong with him. One day, it happened in a mall and thankfully, a nurse was walking by and had to use CPR to revive him. She literally saved his life that day. When he went to the hospital after that episode, it happened again only this time, they measured the event. His heart stopped for 63 seconds. But while he was out he said that he went to a place that was bright and white wit cloud all around. There were people all around him but he didn't know them and they were speaking to him but he couldn't rember what they said. He said he felt totally at peace and had no fear and when he came back, he told the nurse a few things but didn't remember telling her anything. What she repeated to him, only God, his Dad and my friend would know and his Dad had passed several years prior.

My friend is now very Christian, obviously. He told me that God and Heaven is real and that he had the benefit of going to the other side and that's how he knows this. Also, that God wants a personal relationship with people and that organized religion is ok but "He prefers the one on one relationship". Last, I am telling this story to a bunch of people who don't know me but I can honestly tell you that it completely changed his life. He's just a happy person and one of the nicest people I have ever met. I've known him for 26 years, ya know. He's always been a solid guy but this experience has just brought so much depth to his personality.

So, forgive the novel, y'all. I just wanted to explain it as thoroughly as possible. If you have any questions, ask and I will ask him if I don't have the answer.

Be well.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In July of 1969 I was in an accident, about 2000 lbs of drywall fell over on me, pinning me to the wall. CPR was performed 3 different times in the next two hours.

I have no memory of an OFBE or "going to the light" as others do. I hope and pray for life after death, but my logical mind tell me to make the best of this life. It's the only shot you are going to get.

I know this is unpopular with most, my wife included, and challenging the religious beliefs of others is not my thing. Religion is what give comfort to many. It's just how I feel after the experiences of my life.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I died when I delivered my first child. I don't think it was the usual way though. I thought I was sleeping and woke up mad they used the defribulator on me. ( that hurts!) I was able to recount all the things that had gone on around me while I was "sleeping" as well.

ETA : that's not the only time. It is however the only time that wasn't due to my own dumbassery. So I won't share those. However I didn't have tradition Christian experences. I had female ancestors that all looked like my aunt and mad me feel very loved surrounding me.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The only reason I know I died, was because I was told I had flat lined and paddles were used. Otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

Atheist now, but was christian at the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dripperin your own words: have you ever died,came back to life and shared about it?

No one in human history has ever been clinically dead, complete flat-lines across the chart, and 'returned'. No evidence!
The ignorant natives thought that the stopping for awhile of the heart or breathing = death.
It isn't, obviously!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Congratulations on over coming your addiction!! Addiction is a bigger problem in the U.S. than we want to admit.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Thank you very much!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

You know, I've read a lot of posts on ATS over the years. However, there are always a select number of posts that stand out that have that feel of sincerity and truth. Your post has that feel.

My wife and I have had some uncanny signs from my sister-in-law who passed away 6 years ago. I never gave much thought about what happens when we die until we experienced hard to explain signs she was giving us. In fact we started photographing different events that were just crazy! In fact I posted these pictures and our experiences here on ATS. (If your interested, here is the link to that post. Incredible Signs of the After Life
I'm a firm believer there is life after death.

edit on 14-10-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If you mean in this life, I experienced an anesthesia... that is the closest I got to death ever. But my thoughts after the operation were I don't remember anything for the time in between like I remember closing my eyes on the operation table and very next minute I woke up after a 5 hour long operation. It was then I realized what we call as conscience will completely die with our body. But our sub-conscience will live on. And I have absolutely no control over my sub-conscience or soul. So when I would die I don't know what knowledge will last and what will die off.

If you mean do you remember any deaths. Yes I remember dying almost 5 times.
1. I was a man from another Universe, his name was Lawrence. He died in a Nuclear Explosion.
2. I was a creature from the previous universe, was like death(grim reaper). I destroyed the whole universe. Sacrificing myself.
3. I was the creature from the previous universe, was pulled into a black hole as I felt it rip me into pieces.
4. I have experienced death of a man on earth, in the arms of his loved one. Telling her,"In my next life I will find you and if you ask me this question, What is the one word that will make everything alright? the answer is 'Believe' and you will know it is me.
5. I have experienced death in my dreams as someone shot me in the lower right side of my stomach as I fell down.

If you would like to know more about the deaths that I have experienced above do contact me in PM. I would love to explain further.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'll bump just in the interest of hearing more stories from you guys. I have never personally died, but will include a link to something depressing (interesting) that I found one time while snooping around about the topic.

What I'm talking about is an area of the brain called the Claustrum. Scientists believe that this is the root of consciousness and without it, we fade away in a sense. They accidentally discovered its impact in 2014 whenever they accidentally stimulated the area of a brain on a woman who lost awareness afterwards until they ceased. They then activated it again and asked her to repeat a phrase and the woman repeated it over and over but got more quiet each time as if she were fading out to nothingness. That eternal blackness if you will that all of us fear after we enter that final big sleep.

www.youtube.com...

There's a bit of I guess a documentary about it for anyone interested. It is about twenty minutes long. They claim they have finally found a way to "shut off consciousness" . I find it kind of sad really.
I'm not much of a fan of death myself.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

What about someone who hasd visions of the future and people they will meet when they died and went to the otherside?

What about people who went beyond the darkness and saw The Eternal Light?

Turning off the radio does not make the radio station disappear. The radio station continues playing music even if a radio is not on.

top topics

join