It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Democratic Debate

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well....I think if you believe that Bernie is addressing the CORE problems America is facing, which I do, he did very well. He outright called Wall Street corrupt and made probably the most important point to me...."This is going to require a political Revolution to change things, he can't do it alone " and he's right ! I thought shutting down the Hillary e-mail scandel was brilliant and he not only got points for being a gentleman, but used the opportunity to bring the debate back to his issues, well done ! I did think he could have done better discussing foreign policy. I wish he would have acknowledged the BLM movement while at the same time acknowledging ALL lives matter too ! I'm pleased to see such a positive reaction by the public and the coverage he's getting after the debate.

Many think Hillary nailed it, and unfortunately if your unable to read between the lines or lack the information to really understand the depth of her corruption and ties to Big business, many might eat up her double speak and BS. I wanted to puke when she talked about Libya and justified the mess there. She did say one thing I think is true, and Bernie should embrace. College should require some financial responsibility on the part of the students, not putting them in crippling debt. , but people tend to value something more that they are financially invested in. I don't like her playing the whole "gender card", as a woman I want the the BEST POTUS and sex is my least concern. I think her experience did help her, she ended the debate strong.

O'Malley was the big surprise for me, he did well and I liked him quite a bit ! His strong position on Alternative Energy and the strides he's made in his own State impressed me very much. I'd like to see him run as Bernie's VP. He ended the debate strong, good job !

Chaffee is a sweet man, loved his call for PEACE, but don't think he's Presidential material.

Webb had some interesting insights on foreign affairs, but I don't see him as Presidential material either. I also was turned off by his whinning about air time and his " I did this and I did this " approach to making his points.

I think this debate helped Bernie and forced Hillary to take a stand on the TPP and the Keystone pipeline. I Loved when Bernie said he would get rid of the NSA and I think he did a good job educating while making his points. I do think he needs to rethink carbon taxes and how they relate to agenda 21.

WOW....just saw that FB has Bernie leading by 75 %.......NICE.....that's awesome! Thanks for the OP, I enjoyed watching the debate with you all !!
edit on 13-10-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

For me it would be O'Malley, thought he really shined.

But I did miss almost half of it.

O'Malley seems sharp for sure but in my opinion he screwed up when Sanders said we needed a Revolution to change things and O'malley said yes we need a Green Revolution and a Clean Grid.. yadda yadda .. That ruined it for me. Not saying we don't need clean energy.. I just don't think he sees the forest through the trees.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Locutis
I cant believe these are the candidates

Between you and me and the rabbi (Georgie RIP)
I'm surprised you got only two stars for the post ATM.

Webb would probably be the best overall except for the
Kool-Aid education view, and he's buried. Hillary (well I
can't say for sure the committee's still at the local waffle
house) is honey glazed We Must Have a Woman This Time:
and Bernie is a teamer, meaning essentially four more
of the same kind of fiscal responsibility that presented
you with the F35: the fighter that initially couldn't fly
in the rain.
From the armpit of the Midwest I bid you goodnight and
dreams of the right one ending up at 1600: it's just that.
edit on 13-10-2015 by derfreebie because: Who WIll Stave the World?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I listened on CNN Radio. I appreciate that the 3 underdogs kept, for the most part, a calm talking voice. The false bravado of Sanders and Clinton are scary. Why would we want someone who pretends to be emotional? For that matter, why would we want someone who is emotional? Compare Sanders and Clinton to Neil deGrasse Tyson. Niel gently makes his points in a matter of fact way. I didn't hear any intelligence tonight. I think the real leaders have better sense than to get involved in US politics. I feel that our nation really is in trouble.
edit on 13-10-2015 by gentledissident because: capitalization

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Bernie wants to actually change things.......I dont agree with him on a lot of things........

How does Bernie get us from where we are - - to where he wants us to go?

I will answer your question
I noticed many in this thread missed what he said on HOW

Top 1% need to start paying up to the rest of the 99.
When The top 1% own all of what the 99% has and more then
they need to be paying more.

Education yes could be paid for buy the taxes alone. Will taxes go up? Yes for the people that make a mill + a year. Remember there are many people who bring in a mill + a day.

Healthcare follow along with other advance countries have done like Denmark. Use the UHC they have as a guide.

Even Trump said Million/billion need to pay more.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The kool-aid in Vegas is definitely spiked - Van Jones just compared Hillary to Beyonce'.

I'll chalk it up to a blonde moment. He's entitled with
his calendar LOL. I think the zygote splitting into two
caucasian singers would still be a comparatively chunky pair
of oh please... I have to sleep soon. really.
I don't have a TV: so if Van Jones is at the sports desk we are
all consequently screwed-- even if we could ressurect Jack.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Bernie wants to actually change things.......I dont agree with him on a lot of things........

How does Bernie get us from where we are - - to where he wants us to go?

I will answer your question
I noticed many in this thread missed what he said on HOW

Top 1% need to start paying up to the rest of the 99.
When The top 1% own all of what the 99% has and more then
they need to be paying more.

Education yes could be paid for buy the taxes alone. Will taxes go up? Yes for the people that make a mill + a year. Remember there are many people who bring in a mill + a day.

Healthcare follow along with other advance countries have done like Denmark. Use the UHC they have as a guide.

Even Trump said Million/billion need to pay more.

Laid out on paper.

How does he make it happen?

How does he get what we currently have to make these changes?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat
Yea, let's do all that. However, could we get someone with leadership qualities at the helm? It would be nice to hear someone speak unrehearsed as if their own thoughts guided them at every moment.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
O'Malley reminds me to much of a preacher, that's a major turn off for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How does any president get to do what they want

They work with a cabnet, write out a law/bill , try to pass the law/bill on the hill, if that doesn't work redo the law/bill try to work with all on the hill do an Executive Order.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gentledissident
Yea, let's do all that. However, could we get someone with leadership qualities at the helm? It would be nice to hear someone speak unrehearsed as if their own thoughts guided them at every moment.

answer someones question on what was said?

not sure I follow

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I wasn't talking about your leadership qualities. It seems to me that we have performers running...again. I guess they're pandering to America's need for that kind of entertainment. Bernie got tripped up in his own buzz words and slogans.
edit on 14-10-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

How does any president get to do what they want

Didn't know they did.

They work with a cabinet, write out a law/bill , try to pass the law/bill on the hill, if that doesn't work redo the law/bill try to work with all on the hill do an Executive Order.

Exactly.

But, Bernie's ideas are too far removed from what we currently have.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So how is it possible that the FB poll puts Bernie as the "winner" of the debate by 75 % and in the next segment we are being told that this debate just increased Hillary's chance of winning by 72% ??????? WTH !!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
So how is it possible that the FB poll puts Bernie as the "winner" of the debate by 75 % and in the next segment we are being told that this debate just increased Hillary's chance of winning by 72% ??????? WTH !!!!

Welcome to American politics.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

Sanders is a performer? That would be news to many who watched him over the years. The guy means what he says and if he did make it would probably not last long. No way people in power would let that go.

People who speak what the believe in with in politics tend to get called crazy, fake and what not. Look at Dr.Paul, Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, Elizabeth Warren. Heck even Trump (though I do think he is putting on a show for people more then usual) is speaking his mind and well I think I heard with in the first week that he was crazy, bad for the gop.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well only one way to find out vote him in.

I'd rather have a guy who want to make it better for the rest of us in , and try to help form inside then a guy who doesn't even know what hes voting on. Or on the other side of the isle a guy who will take away healthcare yet couldn't even come up with his own plan.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I'd rather have a guy who want to make it better for the rest of us in , and try to help form inside then a guy who doesn't even know what hes voting on. Or on the other side of the isle a guy who will take away healthcare yet couldn't even come up with his own plan.

Nope, don't think so. I've lived too long for games.

Need to move forward from where we're at. Not backward - not sideward.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Nope, don't think so. I've lived too long for games.

Need to move forward from where we're at. Not backward - not sideward.

That is all fine. I would ask who you would be following, I would check them out as well I have a year to deside on who my vote would be. All the info I get helps out.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Really? Maybe I missed some of what he said was doing some stuff with it on but what makes you feel that way?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join