It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin slams US on Syria, says partners have 'mush' for brains

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
lol @ everyone who thinks dethroning Assad was the people's plan. Like the rebel's just sprung up magically fully armed to rebel against the Syrian leader. He is being removed because he supports Russia, not the US.

The entire gameplan of western countries was to destabilise and remove non-supportive heads of state in the middle-east. If it was a true and genuine people's rebellion the same would have happened in Saudi Arabia, but when it did it was crushed without a single word from the US.

The only way forward is for 'Rebel' groups to fight ISIS, if they aren't already ISIS (we know they are, or in the very least still terrorists (or western paid mercenaries), and we know they are committing atrocities anyway and war crimes towards civilians that are pro-Assad).

But it won't happen. Saudi Arabia want Assad gone because the US/NATO want him gone because he is a Russian puppet, not because he is a despicable dictator, otherwise the Kingdom of Saud would have been brought down a very very long time ago. This is purely about resources and strategic positioning to eventually invade and destabilise Iran and then have the entire resources of the Middle East and Africa at the West's fingertips.

I shouldn't complain.....this benefits all of western society, but I can't accept the cost of lives this will come at. Shame on those who can. This was never about people wanting better for themselves, the Arab Spring was false hope and merely a vehicle designed to start armed rebellions by paid mercenaries.

For those who deny, US/UK did this #e to Iran in 1953 with Operation Boot/TPAJAX, this is the exact playbook, it is no different. Those poor civilians are merely pawns in a terrible game of resource chess.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sickofthelies
I think the mass appreciation for Putin stems from the fact that he speaks the truth.

Our media and government lies to us blatantly on a daily basis and we're just sick of it.

The truth is refreshing, no matter who speaks it.

The only difference between the Putin and the Obamanator is which special interest they are benefiting from at a specific point in time.

Neither one is doing it cause the kindness of their hearts or the desire to help humankind.
In this case, it just so happens by pure luck that Putins interest are more inline to really get rid of isis.

Its really no different than comcast and google fiber.
Google fiber is providing 1GB unrestricted up down internet speed for 70 bucks. Comcast is providing its customer with crappy restricted limited slow 50gb service for 89 bucks.

Now much like Putin google fiber is not doing it because they are kind or they really care about the people. They are doing it because unlike comcast they make more money via ad revenues the more users are connected at faster speeds at the cheapest rates possible. Theirs is always a hidden agenda chasing the cash.

So anyone who believes that Putin is the golden child better get ready for the golden shower that he is going to give you.

edit on 341031America/ChicagoWed, 14 Oct 2015 19:34:21 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: RogueWave

Gotta love it

Putin; 'Where are we hitting wrong'

USA; 'We're not ready for that'

Putin; 'OK, where should we not target?'

USA; silence.

Whoever is running the US military is a real special kind of stupid. I don't think it will compromise the security if mainland USA if they answer those questions.

They are far from stupid, they just have no alternative whatsoever.

Why does anyone think they are not doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do ?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: markosity1973

Gotta love it

Putin; 'Where are we hitting wrong'

USA; 'We're not ready for that'

Putin; 'OK, where should we not target?'

USA; silence.

Whoever is running the US military is a real special kind of stupid. I don't think it will compromise the security if mainland USA if they answer those questions.

They are far from stupid, they just have no alternative whatsoever.

Why does anyone think they are not doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do ?

Are they supposed to act like spoiled brats and start ww3 by refusing to work with Russia?

Even Iraq has said it will share Intel with Moscow.

The reason all this BS is happening is because of the ideological difference in opinion over Assad. Isis is in two countries and Russia thus far has only shown interest in Syria. The USA still has plenty of room and options to work with Putin toward a common goal.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
the USA, is busy squirming away from Putin & Russian 'clear vision' about the Syrian FUBAR created by Hussein Obama & his puppet-master (with the fascists & neo-cons in tow)....

the USA is withdrawing It's carrier battle group from the Gulf ----then the military is being reassigned to fight terror in Africa- mostly against the Boko Harem maniacs... leaving the cluster F*** of radical militant groups to be decimated by the combined Russo-Sino airforces & missile batteries from the Caspian

Putin flexed and laid out the proper definition of American proxy forces ---they are all terrorists !
A Hole Hussein Obama is folding like a beach chair in the process...thank gawd

but snatch that nuclear football from his side first...

edit on th31144487471514052015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Agreed. I've never trusted Putin, but when it comes to IS and this clusterf# of a war, I have to admit - he seems to be putting his money where his mouth is. Maybe that's so he can get more money, I don't know - but at least he's actually bombing ISIS instead of telling them how very angry he is with them.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yep. It's all for show. Anyone who doesn't see it must have mush for brains.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAnarchist

How is what he is doing any different than what the US has been doing for the past year? Please provide proof.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Isn't it clear to more people that al-Baghdadi turned against CIA after he was recruited and released from jail, suddenly finding himself with tons of equipment and support? It just seems obvious in the timeline, once he got all the Toyota and guns, he said FU to the CIA and either took orders from SA or his own agenda went "too far", like the massacres we saw, imo Mt. Sinjar was the turning point.
edit on 15-10-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

And end of the day regime changes SHOULD BE NONE OF OUR #ING GOD DAM BUSINESS! What goes on in another country's disputes should be NONE of our concern! Zilch. Only thing WE should be concerned with is the elimination of ISIS which is a intentional threat.
a reply to: crazyewok

I Agree 100%. This is the major problem I have with our U.S. foreign policy. Revolutions are bound to happen throughout the world. It's not our business to force our ideology on another country nor try to influence change. Citizens of these countries have to do it on their own no matter how much we disagree with their form of government and beliefs. You will never have a lasting peace if the majority of citizens don't accept or over throw their ruling government.

The U.S. wouldn't allow foreign countries to influence our government, so why do we feel we have a right to police and influence another countries internal affairs? It's simply being a bully who thinks they can do what ever they want because they have the military muscle and economic influence.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif
a reply to: uncommitted
There's no polite way to say this. You are stupid.

Yeah, whatever. My comment was that there are two subjects involved in this and only one of them was the focus of the original post - Russia saying America is complaining that Russia is targeting rebels not ISIS.

If America (or any other country come to that) is arming those rebels is a different subject and should be discussed in it own right and its own thread or the situation becomes blurred. The rest of your post reads as your opinion which you appear to think makes it a fact - kind of immature and stupid to me, but I'm sure you are the expert.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
He certainly isn't lying or wrong in saying our so called leaders in the USA have mush for brains. Obama is a grand stander and cheater of truths. He doesn't do or plan for a single goal unless he can use it boost his politics and give himself legitimacy. That is what narcissists do because they have a low self esteem and always do anything they can to make people see them as doing the greatest things. They must also be all alone in their accomplishments. These types of sociopaths do not share victory with anyone. They jump the gun every single time to claim sole victory.

When they fail they never admit it either. They never even believe they have failed when everyone else knows they did.
Obama won't work with Putin under any circumstances in things like this. And the situation here proves that beyond any shadow of a doubt. Obama manufactures his own schemes at the cost of human lives just to try and look good.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Neither one is doing it cause the kindness of their hearts or the desire to help humankind. In this case, it just so happens by pure luck that Putins interest are more inline to really get rid of isis.
a reply to: interupt42

I think we all know that none of this is for the peace and love of the innocent people in those areas.

I personally believe it is not just about, power and greed. I think ego is now playing a significance role in the game of the Titans.

I don't see a good outcome at the end of this, for anyone. Since we have no ability to reign in our ?Leaders?, the best we can do is to not support them.

I really wish we would see a miracle, were all the troops involved in this mess would just all agree at the same time, to just refuse to be used as pawns anymore. Where they all just -stop-. Just sit down and say, "No more". "You leaders come out here and fight your own damn wars".

Just kidding. I know the programming goes way to deep for anything like that to happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the Syrian FUBAR created by Hussein Obama & his puppet-master (with the fascists & neo-cons in tow)....

He was part of the PNAC and invented the War on Terror?

I would rather think the Syrian mess is part of bigger problem, which roots in two failed Iraq-missions aka the War on Terror. The barbaric BS-aftermath started subsequently due to the sheer lack of concepts for a free and democratic Iraq. The cesspool called Afghanistan adds further proof to an agenda of intentional failures for further profit.

Obama didn't attack Syria after his Red Line BS last year, did he? Many thanks to S. Hersh for his story regarding the chemical weopons and many thanks to Obama for not jumping onto that neocon bandwaggon of war regardless. I think he likes his life and didn't intent to die like Kennedy for a bigger goal, must have been a rather dangerous moment for him.

"The same official said there was immense frustration inside the military and intelligence bureaucracy: 'The guys are throwing their hands in the air and saying, 'How can we help this guy' — Obama — 'when he and his cronies in the White House make up the intelligence as they go along?'"

www.newsmax.com...

It's just that one guy, you know... Obummer and his crownies. Sure, he is in full control of this whole apparatus which calls itself US of A. Eisenhower never adressed the mil-ind. complex as the biggest danger for the US and only one poor madman shot Kennedy.
Now go back to sleep, everything is OK! Blaim this black guy in charge and his mush for brains!

edit on 15-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: mush 4 grammar-skills

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It is sad to read through this thread... seems to me that in focusing on the Western side's faults, many conveniently forget that there are ideals here people took seriously a generation ago. Societies like France or the US have gone through what historians call "the bourgeois revolution" - and one result is the US Constitution and a general passion for social mobility, some amount of equality etc. Imperfect though these societies are, compared to them, neither Syria, nor Russia, nor Saudi Arabia has any equivalent rite of passage, if it happens, it will be just as bloody as the War of Independence, the French Revolution plus the US Civil War. If they fit into any kind of modern age at all. If not, suffering, tyranny and war remain but nothing to strive for.

If all you see is one geopolitical interest fighting against another, you miss the point. Sort of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. All those eastern societies are Theocratic and corrupt - to the bone, so much so that without political power, you can't start a business.

Where is the Russian opposition, the ones criticizing the obviously imperial plans from inside? (Abroad. In Western countries, Israel etc.) It is natural for a Westerner to criticize his/her own system - quite bitterly sometimes- and not be afraid of repercussions. In Russia, the opposite is natural. Talk or write against the ruler, who may not be as free to judge his subjects as the Saudi King, but he is definitely closer to that end of the spectrum. Soon the police will be there kicking in your door to take your servers, your family members will find themselves without a job or medical care, plus the federal tax authority suddenly claims that you owe them millions of rubles.

Another point left out is the massive support of arms and money flowing from Russia and China to many of their hand-picked tyrants and terror squads, in the Middle East and in Africa too. Do you know where AK 47-s are manufactured?

Yes, the Saudi connection is scandalous, but you can't seriously expect functioning societies with some mobility and equality to attack all those countries underdeveloped socially unless they start serious and open confrontations. You will trade with them until you don't. The House of Saud obviously takes advantage of the situation - they flaunt their anti-Western (and anti-development) attitudes openly towards their trading partners - and they buy truckloads of technology on oil money to spread where they want to. In a minor way, that is exactly what Putin does.

In any case, Saudi Arabia executed a few hundred people annually, while according to witnesses such as the photographer Caesar (go Google his pictures), plus human rights groups in the area, Assad was literally torturing tens of thousands of people to death with unimaginable methods. He is none better than the famous ISIS. Syrians have been fleeing tyranny since a long time ago - already his father was bad with torture and disappearances.

To make the situation more complex, there are at least seven factions fighting in Syria. For Russia, this is the only warm seaport they have so even millions dies, they will prop up Assad - unless the paranoid regime bordering upon becoming the next Nazi Germany changes. Fat chance for that - the West more concerned with making money with neoliberal economics cruelly left them behind, excluded, surrounded and demonized them after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Obama has several faults or wrong policies at home or abroad, but he is not to blame for the Iraq War etc. Clearly if a Republican won in his place, we would already be at war with most of the world. In fact, a great catastrophe rolling downhill is already unavoidable.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

We continue to do what we do best.

We complain and we blame.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Which is perfectly fine, 'they' need some pressure from the public domain to get their acts straight. But if we blaim their puppets only... where is the use?

I would rather like to change something, but ya know... change is something nobody likes to talk about anymore. And yes, that's part of the blaim-game. A lot of lost hope has to be found anew.
There are various open-source projects and good efforts regarding direct democracy, to sketch up some alternatives. But I guess that would bust the frame now.

originally posted by: Kokatsi
It is sad to read through this thread... seems to me that in focusing on the Western side's faults, many conveniently forget that there are ideals here people took seriously a generation ago...

...To make the situation more complex, there are at least seven factions fighting in Syria. For Russia, this is the only warm seaport they have so even millions dies, they will prop up Assad - unless the paranoid regime bordering upon becoming the next Nazi Germany changes. Fat chance for that - the West more concerned with making money with neoliberal economics cruelly left them behind, excluded, surrounded and demonized them after the fall of the Soviet Union.

I'm somehow lost in translation but I like your ambivalent take on things and agree to a certain point. But let's not forget that democracy is our heritage, we'll have to do something about it if we don't wanna see it going down the neoliberal drain to fascism.

edit on 16-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Atm Putin can do no wrong and is making the USA look silly!

So then the wrong in Ukraine evens things out?

We look silly because we are trying to keep civilian deaths to a minimum, whereas it doesn't matter to Russia as long as they make the US look silly.

What a great country that Russia is...no seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Pleast post any link to confirmed Russian civilian kills, like how kills were confirmed when the US hit that hospital.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: muSSang

Atm Putin can do no wrong and is making the USA look silly!

So then the wrong in Ukraine evens things out?

We look silly because we are trying to keep civilian deaths to a minimum, whereas it doesn't matter to Russia as long as they make the US look silly.

What a great country that Russia is...no seriously.

You do realize how bigoted that sounds?

If that would be the case 'we' wouldn't fight civilians in Ukraine for daring to demand more freedom. Just another double-speaking double-standart, mind the gap!
edit on 16-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join