It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin slams US on Syria, says partners have 'mush' for brains

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: uncommitted

I think you missed out the part where the USA are arming rebels (not ISIS) and pursuing regime change. Of course it doesn't help that said weapons and equipment seem to end up in the hands of ISIS.

Indeed, but I didn't miss it out, it's not directly related to US (amongst other countries which others are forgetting) are targeting ISIS and Russia are not. America supplying rebels with weapons to fight against the current regime is of note, but is a different topic, surely?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think I found out how the US creates its foreign policy

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: markosity1973

How do you restore peace to a nation with multiple groups with multiple agendas all fighting on the ground?

You pick a side and you back it then fight anyone opposing it.

It's war tactics 101.

Who is trying to restore peace? Attacking ISIS isn't about restoring peace in Syria, it's about removing the largest terrorist threat globally. Restoring peace by dropping bombs on people who are opposed to the current government (which is what Russia appear to be doing) is hardly restring peace, it's propping up a dictatorship.

But without restoring peace removing ISIS is pissing in the wind as history shows time after time. without plugging the power vacuum another ISIS like group will just rise up.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It is not a different topic when the weapons and equipment end up in the hands of ISIS. Not only that but how can Assad fight ISIS whilst fighting against rebels in his own country. Rebels supported by the US. Not so long ago I heard Kerry complaining that Assad would rather bomb moderate rebels than ISIS. This is the kind of nonsense rhetoric we have been subjected to by the American regime. As if Assad can stop fighting rebels to go and attack ISIS...how would that work?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

As if Assad can stop fighting rebels to go and attack ISIS...how would that work?

Simple:

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It is not a different topic when the weapons and equipment end up in the hands of ISIS. Not only that but how can Assad fight ISIS whilst fighting against rebels in his own country. Rebels supported by the US. Not so long ago I heard Kerry complaining that Assad would rather bomb moderate rebels than ISIS. This is the kind of nonsense rhetoric we have been subjected to by the American regime. As if Assad can stop fighting rebels to go and attack ISIS...how would that work?

Still a different topic. Assad and Russia are fighting rebels, not ISIS. Assad would rather bomb moderate rebels than ISIS, that's what his Russian friends are doing right now - how is the actual factual situation nonsense rhetoric?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think I found out how the US creates its foreign policy

Best post I have seen all day LOL!

We have come out and told people yeah USA is funding the rebels who have terrorist ties, no one even seems to care.

We are trying to do another regime change. . . . No one cares at all.

I am waiting for my country to just say FU## it we run the whole world, anyone who doesnt like it gets bombed.

I am willing to bet most countries on earth would just bow down and submit.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

A random decision wheel the only explanation I can find for US foreign policy!

Well that or a room with a million monkeys and typewriters!

Or maybe Obama reads tea leaves?

edit on 14-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Still a different topic. Assad and Russia are fighting rebels, not ISIS. Assad would rather bomb moderate rebels than ISIS, that's what his Russian friends are doing right now - how is the actual factual situation nonsense rhetoric?

Russia is there to support Assad and I have no doubt they are attacking rebels and ISIS. The nonsense rhetoric is that Kerry knows that Assad does not have a choice in the matter. So it is not a case of rather but one of priority.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

A random decision wheel the only explanation I can find for US foreign policy!

Well that or a room with a million monkeys and typewriters!

Or maybe Obama reads tea leaves?

I think the USA's foreign policy is quite deliberate and that the explanation is there for all to see. We just can't do anything about it and they know it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's an article from the NY Times.

It says that US officials have commented on this.

www.nytimes.com...

In Washington, defense and military officials have privately described the reluctance to work with Russia as a trust issue.

First, they fear that the Russians might use the coordinates to target the groups the Americans do not want attacked.

Second, Syrian opposition groups are already suspicious that the United States is coordinating with Russia on the attacks, a perception the Pentagon does not want to feed, the officials said.

But they can't, and don't try to explain why they can't give them ISIS targets......

Syrian opposition groups are already suspicious that the United States is coordinating with Russia

So that basically means that you don't want to cooperate with Russia then.

Another interesting qoute from the article,

Mr. Putin, speaking at a forum for international investors, also said that Washington did not seem interested in a visit he had proposed by a high-level political and military delegation to coordinate actions in Syria. The Russian delegation would be led by the prime minister, Dmitri A. Medvedev, and include senior military and intelligence officials, he said.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyways, I now think this whole thing was a setup. The Russians would have had to have known beforehand that the US would not be willing to answer the requests, since they are supporting both ISIS and the rebels, and Russia is attacking both ISIS and the rebels-if they are not one and the same- and every other enemy of their ally Assad.

So they contacted the US knowing that they would not cooperate, so that they could use it against them.

Russia is basically trolling the US government hard. This is sneaky, but justified and they managed to get the point across.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Russia is there to support Assad and I have no doubt they are attacking rebels and ISIS. The nonsense rhetoric is that Kerry knows that Assad does not have a choice in the matter. So it is not a case of rather but one of priority.

Not sure that Assad's priority is ISIS, they aren't at the moment looking to dethrone him, rebels are - after all, he is a dictator. Priority for rest of world is ISIS, Russia appear not to agree.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Not sure that Assad's priority is ISIS, they aren't at the moment looking to dethrone him, rebels are - after all, he is a dictator. Priority for rest of world is ISIS, Russia appear not to agree.

I have just said that. Assad's priority can't be ISIS whilst he is fighting the rebels. That's one reason why ISIS have gained so much ground. The USA's priority is regime change not ISIS.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Obama, how to screw the whole world up, by doing nothing.

I always thought the world would be over taken by an evil master mind, but it is possible to let it crash and burn.

EU DIPLOMAT: MY GOVERNMENT ‘BELIEVES OBAMA IS QUITE MENTALLY UNWELL’

A former NSA intelligence analyst has claimed that a senior European diplomat told him that the entire government of a European country considers president Obama to be literally mentally unwell.

John Schindler, a security expert and whistleblower who now writes for The Daily Beast, has claimed that a senior EU official from an undisclosed country also inquired about impeachment proceedings, saying that the nation believes Obama is not fit for office.

Schindler tweeted out the revelation Monday:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Cuba now has forces in Syria fighting U.S.backed rebels and helping Assad and Russia.This is crazy.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 14-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Way things are going North Korea will show up......if they can find a rowboat or two

Can see it now on North Korean news "kim jung un defreats ISIS sing handed !"
edit on 14-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Russia is basically trolling the US government hard.

US can troll them even more and give coordinates of some hospital

Russia doesn't have extensive intelligence on the ground, this will take time. For now, they are basically bombing what Assad forces saying to them.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I thought it was the underpants gnomes ....

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There's no polite way to say this. You are stupid. Assad and Russia are fighting rebels, not ISIS? The "moderate rebels" are Al Qaida, dummy. The US spent $500 million to train 5 rebels. Does that make sense to you? The CIA-supported rebels, FSA, coordinate with Al Nusra (Al Qaida in Syria). The CIA gives weapons to FSA who in turn give them to Al Qaida. That is how the US gives weapons to Al Qaida without directly giving them weapons. Sometimes they "accidentally" drop weapons to ISIS. How do you think ISIS grew so big, so quickly and conquered so much territory in Iraq? The only thing the US cares about is overthrowing Assad. They will support any group to do this. They did the same thing in Libya by arming terrorists. They did the same thing in Ukraine by arming NAZIs. Have you ever asked why the US wants to remove Assad? His father ruled Syria for decades and even contributed troops and airstrikes during Gulf War I. Bashar Assad replaced his father when he died and ruled for a number of years before the US decided they wanted to remove him. Do you remember when the US liked Assad and US media did interviews with him and his wife, who both speak English? He was portrayed as reforming Syria. The US media loved him. It will be interesting to watch because the US is losing its empire status. Russia has stopped the US from doing whatever it wants, overthrowing whatever legitimate sovereign government it wants. It's better late than never. I guess they figured three was enough. The world is revolting against US hegemony.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join