It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you troll?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Bluntone22

Go Jays ,go ...go Jays go ....

Canadians better stick to figure skating,,,, I mean hockey.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

ohhhh those are fighten words . Did you know that the Blue Jays were reigning champs for 3 years in a row ?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My favorite trollsters are the one's that use obscure cryptic sarcasm that sounds meaningful and mysterious but in actuality is total BS.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: nonspecific

I am glad you said this as I agree, what is a troll? can we discuss this in a civil manner without getting in trouble?

I would hope so but from previous experience over the years I am no longer surprised when threads deteriorate rapidly.

Trolls? Maybe? LoL

As I said I like to play devils advocate, especially with serial debunkers, there are people out there that seem to take great exeption at anything that does not fit the standard view. I like to poke them but in what I think is a polite and unarguable way to see what happens.

I have always enjoyed your 'devils advocacy', it provokes in a polite way.
It reinforces my stereotype of your homeland, in a good way. I feel most Americans have lost that ability, sadly.

I think it comes from rooting for the underdog.

To paraphrase Voltaire "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Unless of course you are an arse or a bigot in that case bring it on sunshine"

link   
a reply to: olaru12

I lost over a 1000 points on one of those types ....gee did they get my goad ....kill ,I tell ya...kill

link   
Ats moderators must hate it that this will be the most active thread of the lot. Flat earth, creationism and trolling top ranks says it all.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have been trolling before.
I like bottom fishing better.
But if you are going out for sailfish or marlin you ought to troll.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
A troll is a person that will post something just to get a reaction.
Sarah palin is a genius..
Hillary Clinton is beautiful...
The Cubs are going to win the World Series,,,,, "I wish"..,

Thanks for that. It is not exactly what I thought. I guess I just don't think like that.

I really don't enjoy seeing, or reading conflict. I really had not considered that people instigate it for entertainments sake.
I know, naïve huh?
It explains a lot around here

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think you mean, Do you even troll?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Trolling is a art

the grammer nahtzi's are already itching to kill me

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
My favorite trollsters are the one's that use obscure cryptic sarcasm that sounds meaningful and mysterious but in actuality is total BS.

Yeah, sorry about that.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

I love to take (s)trolls through the park, on the beach, I even like to eat a peach. Sometimes, I even (s)troll in the dark away from the park. My favorite time to take (s)trolls is when there is a full moon out and the rain is lightly falling down. That way when I come across the trolls, I can see them and shoot them down with a heavy stare from my (s)trolling face and they can see me while they get their brains scattered all over the pavement.

Nah, I never (s)troll!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not intentionally, but you can´t please everyone... there are times to get sarcastic. He who is not guilty, throw the first stone !

Definition of trolling

Top Definition trolling Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence.
" Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

edit on 13-10-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Every time I post something from RawStory I get accused of trolling. Then I know it's having the effect I'm after.

How about a quick game of Catch 22?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I personally do not intentionally troll but I think I may be guilty of the opposite, I like to play devils advocate and will often take a stance that I do not really agree with to balance out the playing field as it were.

Haha don't kind yourself bud, Devil's advocate, and balance?

Trust me you add neither.

You're trolling.

(troll face)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I personally do not intentionally troll but I think I may be guilty of the opposite, I like to play devils advocate and will often take a stance that I do not really agree with to balance out the playing field as it were.

Haha don't kind yourself bud, Devil's advocate, and balance?

Trust me you add neither.

You're trolling.

(troll face)

By the way, don't take it personal as me being someone who has several members who follow me from thread to thread playing the "devil's advocate" card even though we agree on the subject but are just upset at me for handing their buts to them on a whole other topic a few months ago.

That is where most of the "Devil's Advocates" come from IMO.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I must be a troll then...

I always thought I was adding a distinct yet vital addition to the conversation, turns out I'm just bieng a dick

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I always thought I was adding a distinct yet vital addition to the conversation, turns out I'm just bieng a dick

Personally, I believe we all have a bit of troll in us.

To me, you seem like a happy-go-lucky person who finds entertainment in comedy, so nothing wrong with joking around, it doesn't make you a "D WORD".

Even though we don't always agree I can easily say that I can be a bigger D word a lot of the time, and am doing my best to improve my decorum, or at least make it more clear when I am joking.

A lot of the time my jokes aren't that funny and people think I'm being mean

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

The truth is, most of us are, just that some are bigger ones than others. You are from being a BIG one, oh er missus.
edit on 13/10/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I first wanted to give you a star for that but thought it best to leave it as such . I did commit to not staring or flagging your posts after all :>) ohh I think I am trolling op ...mods please remove this post :>)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join