It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Debate Moderator Was Member of Clinton Global Initiative

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wait...WHAT?
Soooo...the Debate Moderator for CNN's Democratic Debate helped Hillary Clinton raise money.
Hmmm...does that sound 'impartial' to everyone?

Personally, it seems a bit sleazy...but, then, we are talking about CNN and Hillary Clinton.
Say what you will, but Hillary Clinton, the DNC and their willing sychophants in the media, have Hillary's nomination wired six-ways-to-Sunday.

I wonder what color of kid gloves Anderson Cooper will be wearing tonight, when it comes to handing out questions to Ms. Clinton?

CNN host Anderson Cooper, who is set to moderate tonight's Democratic debate, was listed as a "notable past member" the Clinton Global Initiative's website along with a number of other big name journalists:

The list includes: CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Christiane Amanpour, Fox’s Greta Van Susteren, NBC’s Matt Lauer and Tom Brokaw, New York Times‘s Thomas Friedman and Nicholas Kristof, Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo, Yahoo’s Katie Couric, The Economist‘s Matthew Bishop, and Financial Times‘ Lionel Barber.

The Clinton Foundation later told Mediaite that none of these journalists were asked to pay the $20,000 membership fee required of members. However, it's safe to say that access to big name journalists was a key selling point for paying Clinton Global Initiative members. In a nutshell, Anderson Cooper helped Hillary Clinton raise money, and now he's presented as an impartial moderator for tonight's debate.

The reminder comes from Stephen Miller who pointed it out on Twitter:
Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze 6m6 minutes ago

CNN Debate Moderator Was Member of Clinton Global Initiative tws.io... via @Heminator

www.weeklystandard.com...#
edit on 13-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't see what the big deal is. If Cooper blatantly tilts in favor of Clinton during the debate it will be obvious and he will be called-out for that.

edit on 13-10-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't see what the big deal is. If Cooper blatantly tilts in favor of Clinton during the debate it will be obvious and he will be called-out for that.

Pretty much how I see it. And trust me, people WILL notice if there is Kaka going on.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
well, people that are on the global initiative "list" are a mix of right and left....so Anderson cooper being the moderator is moot....but I guess to the right leaning folks, if it's not Sean Hannity as moderator, it's a Clinton suck-up.

(post by CharlieSpeirs removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So, you Bernie Sanders supporters have no problem with this?
edit on 13-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So, you Bernie Sanders supporters have no problem withh this?

No. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what is asked of Clinton or Sanders, Sanders is more than able to handle himself.

Wish I was able to watch the debate tonight, as I believe Bernie has the capability of shutting Clinton completely down.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I don't have an issue, don't think Bernie will be hindered at all by this. The moderator doesn't change the issues and if he wants to be harder on Bernie then awesome, give Bernie a chance to really show this stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It will be interesting to watch the Left Wing "Moderators" steer the debate issues.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well that is their job, just like in GOP debates, they steered the discussion...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I heard a joke on another site about this debate. They said that Fox was successful by throwing hardball questions and slamming the republicans. So CNN was going to do the same for the democrats. . . . by slamming the republicans.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's funny...'cause it's true!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Being on cnn, not many people will be watching the debate anyway.
I would think cnn would not take any chances with a conflict of interest.
We will have to wait and see if any tough questions are asked in this debate. I know I have a few questions for her.
"Miss Clinton, did you knowingly fail to maintain proper security on your emails or are you just incompetent?"

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As much as I rail against the Republican idiocy and corruption we have so much more going on in the Democrat side right now.

The Republicans have already gotten their candidates out in front of the American people, months ago. Democrats have not. That's just stupid.

Then you have this debate, and the DNC chair firmly in the camp of Clinton. It reeks of unethical behavior. AS if the Democratic leadership is all in Clinton's pocket already. Terrible.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
As much as I rail against the Republican idiocy and corruption we have so much more going on in the Democrat side right now.

The Republicans have already gotten their candidates out in front of the American people, months ago. Democrats have not. That's just stupid.

Then you have this debate, and the DNC chair firmly in the camp of Clinton. It reeks of unethical behavior. AS if the Democratic leadership is all in Clinton's pocket already. Terrible.
No "as if" about it.
Wasserman-Shultz and the DNC are completely in the tank for Hillary.
They need to build her up quick...and take down Bernie ASAP...and this debate is just the ticket. Cooper is there as insurance.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No matter what happens, it can't be any worse than the Republican 'debates'.

"Candidate A, your esteemed colleague Candidate B referred to you in the media last week as a stinky poopyhead. Would you please respond?"

By the way, the Democrat ticket will be Biden & Warren. If you haven't already heard that, you heard it here first.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Right, but shouldn't the goal in these debates be to have relatively unbiased moderators from the beginning, not to have to call them out afterwards if their known bias shows?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

"Candidate A, your esteemed colleague Candidate B referred to you in the media last week as a stinky poopyhead. Would you please respond?"

By the way, the Democrat ticket will be Biden & Warren. If you haven't already heard that, you heard it here first.

I was thinking the same thing. Are they planning on pitting the Democrat candidates against each other or are they going to ask actual questions about policy? Seemed like they were encouraging internal fighting with the Republican debate. It seems only fair they do the same with the Democrats. I'd love to see the food fight that would result.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: yeahright

I was thinking the same thing. Are they planning on pitting the Democrat candidates against each other or are they going to ask actual questions about policy? Seemed like they were encouraging internal fighting with the Republican debate. It seems only fair they do the same with the Democrats. I'd love to see the food fight that would result.

Why? Infighting is better than policy debate?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The list should prove that the media is no more free of money bias than any other group. If these were climate scientists, especially if they were working the skeptics angle, this would be a hot topic, but because you don't want to think this money could be evidence that the so-called fourth estate is no longer a free and independent press like it claims, you'll ignore it.

Uh-huh ... I guess big money is influence ... until it isn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join